PDA

View Full Version : IAL Update

Kromando33
04-01-2007, 07:30
http://ial.games-workshop.com/downloads/default.htm

Just coming here to inform of all of those who speak ill of GWS's army builder program for WH40K, and those that said it would take at least a year or so for them to update Eldar to the recent codex, that in fact they just updated the program accordingly, and indeed it's still being supported.

Ravenous
04-01-2007, 07:32
Thats surprising I didnt even know they still sold it.

Angelus Mortis
04-01-2007, 10:13
Thats surprising I didnt even know they still sold it.LOL! Still sold it? Surprised if anyone still buys it. Regardless of how long it took to release the Eldar, it was about 3 or 4 years for 2 updates. Not to mention that it kinda sucks in the first place, updates or not. No thanks, I will stick with Army Builder.

azimaith
04-01-2007, 10:36
http://ial.games-workshop.com/downloads/default.htm

Just coming here to inform of all of those who speak ill of GWS's army builder program for WH40K, and those that said it would take at least a year or so for them to update Eldar to the recent codex, that in fact they just updated the program accordingly, and indeed it's still being supported.

A year? What does GW run on geological time or something? Better to stop supporting it and strike it from the roster than to bring up such an insane update time. Software developers are expected to get patches out within weeks or months not years. So unless its the program is only codeable by unicorns or something they need to actually hire more people. Of course from what i've heard of it, GW is an ailing company on the way down so maybe this is just more of its terminal illness manifesting.

Anaris
04-01-2007, 11:32
The length of times could be related to the fact that the IAL program was developed by one man, and possibly supported by one man as well.

Personally I think the programs owns for the following reaon. It has all the details from every codex, right down to weapon profiles and rules.

I play Eldar and Marines, so suppose one day I deciede I want to plan a 'nid army. I can build it in IAL without the need to go buy the codex.

Also, if I know I'm playing against a particular enemy, I can browse the unit rules and profiles in IAL ahead of time.

Codex fluff aside, buy the IAL and you have every codex you will need for roughly the price of 2.

Sir_Lunchalot
05-01-2007, 05:28
Actually it's more like the rough price of three. I use IAL, because I couldn't find Army Builder way back when I bought it. I can tell you I'm honestly surprised that GW still supports the program. I thought Games Workshop tech support monkeys died following the lobotomies to remove the brain cancer. Either they seem to have recovered, or GW hired new, cancer and lobotomy free monkeys.

onnotangu
05-01-2007, 05:35
does IAL support FW rules as well?

Mr_Smiley
05-01-2007, 07:17
IAL doesn't have FW rules in it, I only wish it had a feature to add in new units.
I know Army Builder has this ability but I really don't like Army Builder, it just annoyed me.