PDA

View Full Version : The match that almost was

tenpole
10-01-2007, 22:48
One of the problems with my internet connection is that I can't play javabowl between 18:00 and 22:00. I do not know why the games, or IRC wont connect between these times it might be ISP or maybe some interference with my router. But it worked to the advantage of Thor this day.

I took on his high elves despite the high TR difference and played one half after which the score was 1-1. It was due to be the second half with my orcs receiving and luckily for Thor the 18:00 threshold came along and my connection started dropping to eventually I was unable to get back on. Taking the easy escape the elves fled the field declaring the game null and void as I was unable to get back on till later in this evening. But alas no continuation can be made as the high elves took on the Warseers.

I am getting very annoyed about my appalling connection and if I had the money to throw at resolving the issue I would. But for the time being early evening play is out of the question except at weekends. If anyone can find a solution to my connection problems or has an idea drop a line in this thread. Normal internet is fine, browsing, email, dowloads and msn no problems. It just seems to be the java based applications.

th0r
10-01-2007, 23:32
In my own defence I will gladly take you on when your internet issue is resolved. However I don't think it's fair to have me not being able to use my team all day just because you can't continue. Not to mention after that first reload the luck really went one sided... and not to mention you only scored after the Black Orc who had been knocked down before the reload but was not after chain pushed your blitzer through allowing you to score.

tenpole
11-01-2007, 08:05
I chain pushed with an orc out side of the conflict. The touchdown would have still occured and did not rely on the black orc.

So no one gets confused I CANNOT play games weekdays between 18:00 till just after 22:00. NOT all day.

th0r
11-01-2007, 15:23
Maybe but you would have had to make a 4+ and then a 3+ dodge.

th0r
11-01-2007, 15:39
Oh just some reading for you btw...

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=help&op=rules

...and just to make sure you see it-

"Don't start a game where there is a chance you won't be able to finish unless your opponent knowing about it. Unless you state otherwise, you are expected to be able to play for 90 minutes. "

tenpole
11-01-2007, 18:27
Up until that point I thought everything was fine the last time the problem occurred was before Christmas. Now I know its back the F*%% thing I have to take new steps to avoid getting caught up in it.

If you do come across a solution other than change my ISP give me a shout.

Gres
12-01-2007, 17:46
I had some problems accessing FUMBBL a while ago - it was fairly intermittent but just appeared to target a range of websites rather than it being my connection. Never worked out the reason but I had the same problem at my girlfriend's and the common factor was NTL. Thankfully it stated working properly because IIRC it took me about 30 mins to launch a league game vs Yorkie when it was intermittently working and then took me 20 mins to upload the result.