PDA

View Full Version : Transporting Epic

Altair
26-01-2007, 19:18
I currently use standard GW and Intersponge cased for my 28mm minis, so is there any foam inserts or cases designed to transport 6mm models safely?

Dwarf Supreme
26-01-2007, 19:43
Although not specifically designed for minis, Plano boxes are pretty good for transporting Epic.

Hena
26-01-2007, 20:27
I use Army Transport. You can fit 2 to 3 armies within it :D.

orangesm
26-01-2007, 22:15
I do the same as Hena and when we are talking armies I mean things like regiments worth of troops.

Chaos and Evil
26-01-2007, 23:03
A standard figure case will happily hold an Epic army or two.

Lapsed Pacifist
27-01-2007, 18:32
I stick magnetic strip to the base, then keep them in a biscuit tin. I can get about 5000pts of orks or imp guard in each tin. Very handy don't take up much space and they stack.

StugMeister
28-01-2007, 00:25
I manage to fit my Siegemasters into a small cardboard box with layers of bubble-wrap between each layer of troops.

Seems to work ok.

Bombot
29-01-2007, 09:00
I use one of these from Figures in Comfort:

http://www.ekmpowershop2.com/ekmps/shops/figsincomfort/index.asp?function=DISPLAYPRODUCT&productid=1

It's good.

Altair
29-01-2007, 15:15
I use one of these from Figures in Comfort:

http://www.ekmpowershop2.com/ekmps/shops/figsincomfort/index.asp?function=DISPLAYPRODUCT&productid=1

It's good.

That looks like a good case bombot, what foam do you use for your case?

Looking on the site there is basic GW style foam, pluck foam, custom foam and a set of trays designed for 6mm models.

nealhunt
29-01-2007, 15:21
Tackle boxes. Plano's 3700 series is inexpensive. It comes with separate boxes with adjustable sized compartments. Plus, Plano is the big dog in the market so everyone else makes their boxes compatable. Pick whichever manufacturer you like best. They have hard plastic and nylon bag carriers. You just pick the boxes you want and load them up. A normal 3700-series box will hold most of an army.

I use a nylong case with lots of pockets for dice, blast markers, measuring tape, etc.. It's big enough that I can usually carry 2 armies (including titans and stuff), rulebooks, and sundries.

As far as the boxes, the plastic minis are so light you can basically just pile them in without any worries about breaking or chipping. For heavier minis, I either put a thin layer of foam in between them, e.g. a row of 3 Skorchas, thin layer of foam, 3 more skorchas. For big stuff I use a thicker foam and individual compartments. For really big stuff like titans, they have extra-deep boxes. Just get a piece of foam rubber from a craft store and cut out whatever shapes you need for gargants, titans, etc.

Also, an innovation I'm particularly proud of, for aircraft I use lengths of pipe insulation. It's readily available at a DIY store. Just cut it to length and slide it over your aircraft like a sleeve. It allows you to glue the models to the flying stands and still protect them. Just stack them into a box, no more protection needed.

Bombot
29-01-2007, 16:49
That looks like a good case bombot, what foam do you use for your case?

Looking on the site there is basic GW style foam, pluck foam, custom foam and a set of trays designed for 6mm models.

I got mine before they split up the trays into 28mm, 6mm etc. I think I go with a couple of Tray 4 and a Tray 15 (for titans and warmachines). That's for my Marines anyway.

danwilkie
05-02-2007, 13:59
The Kaiser Rushforth cases are also highly thought of and very reasonable...

http://www.kaiserrushforth.com/

bladestalker
14-02-2007, 01:25
any one of our cases and foam trays are good for epic.

Permanganate
14-02-2007, 15:41
any one of our cases and foam trays are good for epic.

Where can you get Charon cases in the UK?

bladestalker
14-02-2007, 17:45
spirit games has some. and I do ship direct to the UK. I'll even discount teh price as much as I can to keep the cost to you down.

BTW some peopel are aware of my standard 20% discount to forum members. But you have to ask for it. :)

scrubout
14-02-2007, 18:24
I use a Ferro Rocher chocolate treat candy container for my small BFG fleet, with some simple foam padding (GW blister foam?) it should work just fine for the IG army I want to pick up ASAP.

-peace out
scrubout:skull:

Permanganate
14-02-2007, 19:17
spirit games has some.

Not that I can see. No carry case category, nothing comes up with the search.

and I do ship direct to the UK. I'll even discount teh price as much as I can to keep the cost to you down.

I'm interested. Are the figurine clamp trays tight enough to stop Epic vehicles moving slightly? (In my old Skirmishpack of clamp trays, even 40k infantry can move.) What would be the cost of a Battlepack Deluxe B with shipping to the UK?

bladestalker
15-02-2007, 16:07
ballpark $75-85 CAD for shipping, whihc is why I reduce the case price. Fig clamp shoudl work but for large figs, gargants and such you might want to look at either our cavalry trays (16 big slots) or vehicle clamp trays with deeper teeth to hold the figs tightly.

Permanganate
15-02-2007, 18:55
ballpark $75-85 CAD for shipping, whihc is why I reduce the case price.

So what is the discounted price? I asked for the price of the Battlepack Deluxe B with shipping to the UK, not for the price of shipping to the UK.

bladestalker
22-02-2007, 15:56
opps. sorry it took so long to notice this reply. I've been neglecting warseer, day job and all that. :(

battlepack B to the UK I can do @ regular = 115 + 85 = 195 CAD

say discounted price down to 160 CAD, shipping included.

How's that sound?

mark_logue
05-05-2007, 09:21
I use some little multi-compartment boxes from a $2 shop with a few tissues on top of each cell. They can transport my entire army and the box is really small so I can shove it in the bottom of my bag when travelling for work so I can organize games at night.

bladestalker
27-05-2007, 19:31
we're using those to fill in the delux skirmishpack MAX, you can eirth have your rulebooks fit in sideways and securely or use the $2 counter bitz trays we provide for just that purpose. (or get them seperately).

robertsjf
29-05-2007, 01:10
I stick magnetic strip to the base, then keep them in a biscuit tin. I can get about 5000pts of orks or imp guard in each tin. Very handy don't take up much space and they stack.

Same thing except with metal tool boxes. Doesn't stack as well but looks manly...