PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Tournament News: Commence the Insanity!

Jet
11-02-2007, 22:45
I am very pleased to announce the first official competition of the Warseer Blood Bowl League!

The Stunty Weapon Masters

The crowd is baying for the sound of violence, the flowing crimson, and what better way to give it to them than by recreating the stuntied carnage of those mad creatures who play the most vicious sport in the Old World with small brains and thin armour!

Let rip the sound of chainsaws, the calm before the commotion of the flying bomb, the impending doom of the lumbering deathroller, as the only teams invited carry the horror of Secret Weapons.

Recipe for carnage:

1) Start an unranked [U] team from one of the following races:
- Chaos Halflings
- Goblin Cheaters
- Gnomes
- Skyre Slaves
- Squid Herders
with an FF of at least 7.

2) Try and cram as many secret weapons into the team as you can!

3) Apply the team to The Warseer Blood Bowl League group, and we will sort out the rest!

4) Have fun in the games! For those of you unfamiliar with stunty teams, don't expect to finish the game with more than a handful of players! Simply treat this as a challenge; foul all day, chuck those bombs.

The tournament will be run in a Swiss style to demonstrate how these things work for all those involved and spectating. I can confirm that there will be official League points on offer for high placings in this tournament.

tenpole
12-02-2007, 00:10
I'm in. Will have skaven slave team. Goblin cheaters are the funniest though.

Yorkiebar
12-02-2007, 07:19
Da Rebul Fakshun (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=331294) reporting for duty!

PhrollikK
12-02-2007, 07:35
Is it a definate no no to pick another team? I guess yeah... :cries:

tenpole
12-02-2007, 08:12
Maybe it should have been started in a separate league. The warseer stunty league as these teams can only play other stunty teams.

Yorkiebar
12-02-2007, 08:33
Maybe it should have been started in a separate league. The warseer stunty league as these teams can only play other stunty teams.Does it matter? As I understand it we're only having a single tournament.

Autobot HQ
12-02-2007, 08:49
Correct, just the one tournament. After this you're free to do what you want with the team.

This is Bennys baby this one, I'm letting him take the ball and run with this, should be a brilliant tourny alot of fun, if I wasn't moving I'd definatly take part :D

And I can also confirm prizes for the winners, so if you only play for the league, it's still in your interests for you to get in on this!

A-HQ
President Elect of Warseer Fumbbl

Yorkiebar
12-02-2007, 10:35
I've given the Stunty teams one point each, to keep them together and organised on the league page.

Autobot HQ
12-02-2007, 11:09
That helps, thanks yorkie

See, knew I kept him around for a reason..

Deng Ham
12-02-2007, 14:49
Valuable links:
Stunty rosters. For all them short guys. http://fumbbl.com/help:StuntyRosters

Race related strategy: http://fumbbl.com/help:RaceStrategy

Deng Ham
12-02-2007, 15:04
Team added... This will be fun...

Introducing the good tasting.
New Zaggarund Steaks (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=331383)
I still need a logo. And I know what I want... some thing like this, but with a Steak instead of a ball
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL/Images/Player/119/119926.jpg

I've searched for an aproporite steak image and found thees:
1: http://mud.mm-a1.yimg.com/image/1936626559.jpg
2: http://static.deliaonline.com/images/width150/beef-braising-steak-19385.jpg
3: http://mud.mm-a3.yimg.com/image/2636109056.jpg

Autobot HQ
12-02-2007, 15:37
You ... You're stealing my logo? NOW YOU DIE!!!

*Formally challenges the PP Girls to a match tonight!!!!!*

Call me a cherry eating son B*^&$ all you like, people take my stuff they go DOWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

WOAH!

... Ahem

Deng Ham
12-02-2007, 15:54
I was about to send you a PM asking forgiveness for coping you'r name and logo. And mocking you... But I guess that is of no use now.

As for the logo bit. I was only using it as a guide. Was plaing on having the steak there instead. I'll probably end up with image 1 and doing some text on it...

Autobot HQ
12-02-2007, 16:12
lol it's fine, though I would of liked to of seen the mocking :P

Go for the name, but you'll have to pay for it on the pitch!

If you need any help on the logo, lemme know I'll give you a hand

... After we've played :P

Deng Ham
12-02-2007, 16:17
does this mean you still planing on playing the PP girls?

Autobot HQ
12-02-2007, 16:23
You could always run away. Like a girl. Wait, they are girls...not so much an insult anymore ...

th0r
12-02-2007, 16:23
I'll be joining with my squig herders. Just too funny having squigs munch on some gobbos.

Gres
12-02-2007, 19:25
When is this due to be played because I won't be able to play for about a week?

Jet
12-02-2007, 22:41
I think we can look to start as soon as we have 8 teams willing to rumble. If many people are along the lines of "I can play in a few days" then of course we'll considering postponing the start of the tournament to allow as many as possible to take part.

A few quick rules clarifications:

1) Teams participating in the tournament must be new teams.

2) If we have an odd number of teams we'll have a goblin filler which means someone would get a walkover each round. Lets hope that doesn't happen though.

Arkzein
13-02-2007, 13:36
Finally got my team in, Realised now I should have just called them mini-malaefactors. ;) Looks like this is going to be rather fun. Big guys eating players, nasty weapons killing little people, folk sent off all over the place. (and on my part no clue how to play as such a team)

Bring on the carnage! :D

Deng Ham
13-02-2007, 14:08
I'm also looking mutch forward to this. Not only will it be a good experience for me to see how a FUMBBL turnament works but also the low value of life in this one. And the short life span of the team Something that gives me little worries if someone shoud die. Or rather when someone dies.

Riddy
13-02-2007, 15:16
Entered and ready to kill stuff...

Autobot HQ
13-02-2007, 15:32
That's your 8 Jet. Looks like you're ready to go, unless you reckon you can get more..

EDIT: No Gnomes? Poor lil fellas are my fave, almost makes me want to not move out and play lol

Arkzein
13-02-2007, 16:56
Looks like I'm getting eaten by some squigs! :o

Fixtures are up now it seems. :)

Jet
13-02-2007, 17:29
Indeed here we go. The tournament begins with vigour. A rundown of the fixtures are:

Riddy's Cheaters vs. Yorkiebar's Cheaters
Phrollikk's Squigs vs. Benninstein's Cheaters
th0r's Squigs vs. Arkzein's Chaos Flings
Deng Ham's Chaos Flings vs. tenpole's Slaves.

Yorkiebar
13-02-2007, 17:45
Me and Riddy are scheduled for 9:30 tonight if anyone fancies spectating.

Question: Are we going to restart matches if someone rolls 'Get the Ref'? That'd be a rather unfair advantage in this tournament...

Arkzein
13-02-2007, 17:48
Will make sure to be around, grab a few minutes watching it between sets. :)

Yorkiebar
13-02-2007, 21:33
It's half-time in Da Rebul Fakshun vs. Lizards, and the score is 3-2 to Da Fakshun.

They're also winning on TDs, not that that matters... :evilgrin:

Yorkiebar
13-02-2007, 21:47
Surrounded by three of the opposition, with only him and a lone Fanatic on the pitch, Oglug Snoturty just made the game's second TD, a nice bonus to the Fakshun's 5-4 victory on Casualties :D.

Arkzein
13-02-2007, 22:05
Madness that game was, think I'm going to enjoy these stunty teams. ;)

Riddy
13-02-2007, 22:23
Surrounded by three of the opposition, with only him and a lone Fanatic on the pitch, Oglug Snoturty just made the game's second TD, a nice bonus to the Fakshun's 5-4 victory on Casualties :D.

I had more players left on the pitch :p

not that it mattered, my gobbos were incompetent....but i suppose they ARE gobbos.

Jet
13-02-2007, 23:08
In a similarly crazy match, Hail to the Cheat fought out a tough 1-1 draw with the Riverside Rat Wranglers. The squigs had just 3 players on the field at the end of the 1st half, but turned it around and left the cheaters with only 3 players at the end of the 2nd half. Oh how secret weapons can come to deal damage to its own team.

th0r
14-02-2007, 00:06
Gurlakk's lads made a good game as they won 3-1 on TD's. However the big story was a late foul niggling a squigg hopper and Gurlakk who skilled during the game aged a niggle. All in all the Gobbo's finished the game up 4-3 on casualties.

Edit: If anyone has a chance check out the reply of the 3rd TD. Stunty madness!

Arkzein
14-02-2007, 00:08
Bit mad in our game as well. Squigs happily munching through the chaos halflings (and a Minotaur), killing one, whilst all my ever buzzing chainsaws (Both finished the match!) could do was KO players and stun, and my remaining Mino roar... a lot.

Finally went to 2-1, after a squiq finally went off to a foul (SI,N, unfortunately, needed them off to score). Turn 5 starting in the second half, just five gobbos left on the field... 'flings fumble a ball, next turn the sneaky gobos dodge 5 times, punch the halflings off it and grab the thing, couldn't be stopped and the turn after that saw an embarassing 3-1 from what looked a certain 2-2. Brilliant final play to win in the face of a minotaur and two chainsaws!

Shame the SI squig was niggled as did the evil cas causing one, on his first skill.....

Deng Ham
14-02-2007, 15:02
Wow all matches played already.. Sorry for keeping up the league. But that credit is not mine nor Tenpoles to take. It is thanks to the wonderful internett conections provided by Tiscali. They are so good infact that it even make MSN falter in it's shadow.

We hope for a good conection and play our game. But Tenpole said that he did not expect it untill the weekend.

tenpole
14-02-2007, 16:40
I am hoping to play Saturday morning. Got some other games to play as well.

tenpole
16-02-2007, 08:46
I will be on Saturday morning to play my game with the NZS. I might be able to play the next game as well as it is better to get the games out of the way while I have a decent connection.

Deng Ham
16-02-2007, 14:01
At what time is it "Morning" in Sheppey England?

Nice to know when to sett the alarm clock ;-)

Yorkiebar
19-02-2007, 19:44
And for the second match in a row, the Rebul Fakshun cause two deaths and a niggler. However, this time both their Fanatics died from the effects of the drugs and this could easily cost the team in their next match against Hail to the Cheat.

Deng Ham
21-02-2007, 13:36
Now that the Steaks have been partying, eating and feasting for 2 days on end. The team is low on cash, dring, food and oposing players (as food replacement). So the management have sendt a letter to the arrangers of the cup. Asking where the prizes are, and if we realy need to wait for the alst game to be played in order to get ou reward....

Erhmmmm.... Back out of character. This is realy a question to Jet. Will there be a trophy image that I can post on the NZS team page?

Jet
21-02-2007, 15:42
Well of course. Careful letting those stunties handle it though, might crush them.

tenpole
22-02-2007, 15:42
Tenpole mecca vs Riddy game almost got off to a start. Turn 2 with nothing spectacular to report other than my BMW getting evicted from the game. Disconnection stopped play.

Yorkiebar
22-02-2007, 16:04
Tenpole mecca vs Riddy game almost got off to a start. Turn 2 with nothing spectacular to report other than my BMW getting evicted from the game. Disconnection stopped play.*sigh* I hate it when that happens.

tenpole
23-02-2007, 14:54
Unspectacular game ending in a draw. Mecca vs lizards that is.

Yorkiebar
23-02-2007, 15:07
And the winner is... Yorkie with Da Rebul Fakshun and a CAS difference of 5!!!

What ya talkin' about? Touchdowns? Touchdowns, my hairy green ****! We wuz just tryin' ta beat the snot outta dem uvver teams...

Riddy
23-02-2007, 15:13
Anyone who wants a "friendly" game with the stunties give me a shout.

Jet
02-03-2007, 15:07
Long time coming but I do have a lack of Photoshop. Here is the naff trophy for the Stunty Weapon Masters.

Deng Ham
02-03-2007, 16:41
So how do I loade that one into the NZS page.
And I guess it's too lagre to get into the site... I'll to a resize and pop it in I guess.

EDIT: added smaler image...

Jet
02-03-2007, 16:57
So how do I loade that one into the NZS page.
And I guess it's too lagre to get into the site... I'll to a resize and pop it in I guess.

A popular ploy is to host the image somewhere else that takes larger images, e.g. Photobucket, and then use an html link in your bio that links to that alternate site. Ta da large images on FUMBBL.

Deng Ham
02-03-2007, 17:09
The New Zaggarund Steaks (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&team_id=331383 ) team pages is updated with a nice smal image of the Stunty Master trophy.

Me like it better this way.