PDA

View Full Version : The Talent Show.

m1s1n
05-04-2005, 20:06
Tonight I am performing "Detachable Penis" and "Jesus Was Way Cool" by King Missile at a talent show. I'm a little nervous, I've never played a guitar in front of a group that is larger than "the people I know". Tonight there is an expected crowd of 200 MSU students. I guess the good news is that there really isn't anything complex within those songs--and I'm not doing vocals--so I really don't have a lot to fret over. I don't even know why I'm doing it--I think there is $50 dollars involved, but more than not it is for some type of acceptance.
It should be interesting. Hopefully it will be fun. One of my friends is dressing up as Jesus and intends to throw saltines to the crowd.
Wish me luck.

Delicious Soy
05-04-2005, 21:45
Detachable penis = Best Talent Show Song EVER!

You should win just for performing that song alone.

Lord Lucifer
05-04-2005, 22:37
Nice song selection there, Mr m1s1n ;)

You'll do great, be sure to let us know how it went

The Undying
06-04-2005, 00:14
Ha ha ha, Detchable Penis is sure fire for 1st place.

m1s1n
06-04-2005, 03:32
Okay, we took second in our category. It wasn't half bad, however I screwed up twice--fortunately it played off as part of the comedy routine. As soon as I have the time I'll post a video for everyone to mock. All in all it was a much better experience than I thought it would be. Who knew being involved would be so much fun?

Lord Lucifer
06-04-2005, 09:45
Posting a video?
Do we get to critique it in the PMS? :p

Delicious Soy
06-04-2005, 09:50
Congrats on the 2nd placing M1s1n. Did you win anything?

m1s1n
06-04-2005, 13:52
Posting a video?
Do we get to critique it in the PMS? :p

God I hope not!
No tripod! Handheld single long shot with bad lighting! Gasp! For shame!

Apparently the only award 2nd place gets is the honor of saying "penis" multiple times in two-minutes for your peers. I guess there is some honor in that.

Lord Lucifer
06-04-2005, 14:23
What, you mean there's a better prize than being able to say 'penis' a lot in public and have everybody listen to it?

I'm get giddy

Kinda makes me wish I took part in talent shows
Would LOVE to do the shakespearean dramatic reading of the Star Wars opening credits... ;)