PDA

View Full Version : Random Model Log

tau_caste
14-02-2007, 00:59
Hey all, I finally decided to get as many models painted over the next few months as possible, this is no general army, but instead just any model I can be bothered to paint that is in my collection… I have chosen to stick to a task of completing a minimum of 60 models before I can buy any new models as I have far too much that is unpainted… The first model painted was the Avatar of elder, painted in Saim Hann colours. Any feedback or criticisms are welcome!

tau_caste
15-02-2007, 00:01
any comments? ANYONE???

BodhiTree
15-02-2007, 00:14
Hey hey. That's a really interesting colour scheme. It looks nice!

I think you can still wok with it if you want to, maybe thinning the highlights a little more, but as it is it looks fine. :)

tau_caste
18-02-2007, 10:45
at the current time i have gone back over a few things i only noticed from the photos... ie. the wailing doom is a bit crappy, so ive redone it to be more constant and smooth flowing with the higlights, and also the greys on the head have been slightly improved... i have also just finished painting a dire avenger exarch and a swooping hawk exarch and will get pics up of all these models ASAP

tau_caste
19-02-2007, 06:29
some pics of my saim hann swooping hawk exarch and dire avenger exarch... also a pic of my ork nob in mega armour... hope ya like!

Destris
19-02-2007, 06:52
Ooh, nice.

How did you do the Ork's skin?
Steve

tau_caste
19-02-2007, 07:19
the flesh of the ork was done by first applying a coat of catachan green, then a mix of black and catachan green to shade it... then i highlighted by mixing catachan with codex grey, adding more codex grey each time!