PDA

View Full Version : Epic Tau-fans?

Nerroth
27-02-2007, 02:53
Hi!

I was wondering how many here were keen on the Tau Empire in Epic (either the old list from the Epic 40k Magazine - for those heretics here who actually prefer that version of Epic! - to the current revision of the Tau list - or, indeed, my own Gue'senshi list), from a background, modelling or gaming perspective?

(I'm guessing there are a few locals who are also over at the Tactical Command boards...)

Gary

CyberShadow
27-02-2007, 12:23
Hi. I am a random Epic player... and I like the Tau in Epic... they are great... ;)

Thank you.

Pulsar
27-02-2007, 13:11
i've played alot of games with and against Tau, they are a really fun to use and play against.

Also FW Epic models are sweet!!!!!

Chaos and Evil
27-02-2007, 13:17
One of the guys in my gaming circle is starting up Tau... I've yet to see his models though.

Hey. :D

Pulsar
27-02-2007, 13:41
yes the G-man needs to hury up and start painting them!!!!!

Nerroth
27-02-2007, 16:12
Hi. I am a random Epic player... and I like the Tau in Epic... they are great... ;)

Thank you.

Wow, that's amazing! There's this guy who goes by CyberShadow over on the Tactical Command boards too! Maybe you should meet him... and argue over who gets to keep the name!

Gary

Pulsar
27-02-2007, 16:22
it's the same guy. :D

Nerroth
27-02-2007, 16:42
Really! I had no idea!

Seriously!

(This is what happens when I don't use internet smileys...)

Gary

Pulsar
27-02-2007, 16:51
ok ok don't laugh to hard :)

there are alot of newbie Epic guys who post here :o

Malakai
05-03-2007, 11:56
I'm an old fart so I dislike the Tau, but mygod those FW miniatures are the sweetest in the whole range. Just want you all to know how hard that was to say.:cries:

-Malakai

Nerroth
07-03-2007, 01:05
I'm an old fart so I dislike the Tau, but mygod those FW miniatures are the sweetest in the whole range. Just want you all to know how hard that was to say.:cries:

-Malakai

Take comfort, friend, in knowing that the first barrier to acceptance has been crossed - believe me, we know how much effort it can be for unfortunate gue'la, burdened with the nightmarish vision of the galaxy peddled by the Imperium.

Now that you can enjoy the marvels of engineering created and maintained by our skilled Fio (Earth) Caste, and put to such skilled use by the Shas (Fire) and Kor (Air) Castes, perhaps one of our Por (Water) Caste envoys can speak to you of the benefits which await you within the expanding Tau Empire.

Already many humans have pledged their allegiance to our vision of hope, to our promise of technological progress and cultural enlightenment, to our union of worlds and species, to the last chance for greatness for all sentient life in the galaxy.

Shed your archaic sentiments - the last relics of a dying culture - and embrace the rising star of the tau'va... for the Greater Good.

Aun'O Dal'yth N'roth

Tarquinn
07-03-2007, 10:34
Take comfort, friend, in knowing that the first barrier to acceptance has been crossed - believe me, we know how much effort it can be for unfortunate gue'la, burdened with the nightmarish vision of the galaxy peddled by the Imperium.

Now that you can enjoy the marvels of engineering created and maintained by our skilled Fio (Earth) Caste, and put to such skilled use by the Shas (Fire) and Kor (Air) Castes, perhaps one of our Por (Water) Caste envoys can speak to you of the benefits which await you within the expanding Tau Empire.

Already many humans have pledged their allegiance to our vision of hope, to our promise of technological progress and cultural enlightenment, to our union of worlds and species, to the last chance for greatness for all sentient life in the galaxy.

Shed your archaic sentiments - the last relics of a dying culture - and embrace the rising star of the tau'va... for the Greater Good.

Aun'O Dal'yth N'roth

I approve of your message and would like to subscribe to your newsletter. :D

mark_logue
05-05-2007, 08:55
I have just recently started playing Tau in Epic. Previously playing predominantly a biker heavy assault oriented Khornate horde I am having a hard time coming to grips with the style of play necessary to beat my long time adversaries Eldar army using them.

The models are just beautiful and I am really looking forward to starting painting them soon.

To the complete dismay of all the other Tau players I have talked too I have chosen to play a force of Tau that has been corrupted by the taint of Chaos. Some beleive it is impossible due to their lack of warp pressence and other such foolish things but I say it is possible. The Tau are a baby race as far as the wider galaxy is concerned, little goldfish swimming in a sea of hungery sharks. Those hungry sharks have prayed upon the Tau and despite their natural resistance to corruption have found ways to shatter their utopian dreams and bring them into the warm embrace of chaos!!!!!!! (even if they are so nieve they haven't even realised it yet).

Snapchuck
05-05-2007, 09:20
Tau look interesting but expensive. Are they expensive?

No real reason to ask, as I'm the only one who plays epic in my entire country as far as I know (Epic Orks - Played 5, Won 5, Lost 5)

Oh the woe.

Hena
05-05-2007, 14:08
Tau tanks are not expensive.

Tau infantry is rather expensive. So with Infantry (kroot, firewarrior, pathfinders) I'd base them 4 per base (perhaps add a drone to some firewarrior bases as well to "fill" it out).

Example of the basing can be seen in this beautiful Tau army (that belongs to one person here).
http://iki.fi/hena/gw/tournament/2007-02-25/Epic_Tournament_25-02-2007/target5.html

And there are several New Zealanders (that I know in other board) who play epic. I suggest checking out this thread to find them.
http://www.tacticalwargames.net/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=10;t=3809

El'Flashman
05-05-2007, 14:40
To the complete dismay of all the other Tau players I have talked too...

Gah! I'd hate to get into it but I'm sure it'd be all but impossible for Tau to be corrupted by chaos. With little or no warp presence (including the possibility of them being genetically engineered to resist chaos) and the ever watchful eye of the Ethereals. I'd find it hard to believe let alone accept. Having said that... they said the same about Marines!

Seriously though while I as a Tau player; would personally find the idea both repugnant and hard to justify with fluff, more power to yah. It's a cool concept though I'd think having a Farsight enclave themed towards a chaos 'look and feel' would make it easier to swallow for your Tau loving friends. You could say Farsight was corrupted by Chaos powers and he has fallen under their influence; being as he likes a bit of close combat and the Khornate colours of deep dark blood red.

fracas
06-05-2007, 01:47
what is the latest list #
still 4.4?

Hena
06-05-2007, 05:38
Latest list is 4.4.1.
http://www.tacticalwargames.net/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=23;t=8610

Some plans for changes in future see (these are being discussed)
http://www.tacticalwargames.net/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=23;t=8612

Malakai
06-05-2007, 06:45

Aun'O Dal'yth N'roth

Human?! Ha, you missed my pointy ears young upstart. :D

-Malakai