PDA

View Full Version : Tale of 4 gamers, Pre- heresy

Pages : [1] 2 3

dave is the best
27-02-2007, 18:55
Ok, For fun ii was thinking we could do a tale of 4 gamers but theme it.

I thought we could theme it around the great crusade and the horus uprising.
the problem is we need atleast two more people.

So far theres me doing imperial fist, and teh soilder is doing luna wolves.

to test out are armies we hope to play them at carnage 2008.

please Pm me if you want to join.:D

Dave

luna wolf
27-02-2007, 19:59
luna wolves for the win.

EmperorsChamp01
27-02-2007, 20:11
I would love to do it but i don't have any money...... and i will be moving in a few months... But i will be watching it like a hawk

Lavadude360
28-02-2007, 06:32
well ill watch you guys have a go

but im to poor to participate:cries:

good luck

there all doomed every one (sob sob)

sarabando
28-02-2007, 08:31
how many points? i could probably aford to do a ...13pt army maybe 500pts or a combat patrol

cookiescrumble
28-02-2007, 08:47
Are Red Scorpions a Pre-Heresy chapter? If so then i'm in.

the_flash
28-02-2007, 10:14
I would like to see some pre-heresy space wolves...
I would participate if I wasn't already in an army building league and if i didn't live in Belgium so i could participate in Carnage

dave is the best
28-02-2007, 11:40
cookiescrumble: there not by fluff but you can do it if you want. they look pre-heresy.

Dave

ps. comon we need 1 more person atleast.

meneptah
28-02-2007, 14:40
i will do it....
i will do emperors children tho....
who ever else is doing this please pm me and tell me what the format will be and everythin...
thanks

the buzz
28-02-2007, 15:24
I would like to join it with my Emporers Children, does it matter that I have already started ?

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e358/buzzzmore/serg.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e358/buzzzmore/prerhino.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e358/buzzzmore/squad2.jpg

Cheers

BodhiTree
28-02-2007, 15:29
I have the pure Mk.6 Raven Guard project on the go - I've seen a bunch of conflicting information on whether Mk.6 is pre-heresy or not. Although I doubt I'd be at a Carnage any time soon, stranger things have happened though. It would be good for my motivation anyway.

Edit: I suppose I couldn't include the Scouts though, but they're on hold anyway.

dave is the best
28-02-2007, 16:53
The buzz: You could count them as your first mounths buy if you wanted too.

Dave

teh_soldier
28-02-2007, 18:13
How much roughly are you guys willing to spend per month?
Dave an I were thinking of £50 a month, but this may be too much for soem people, and would mean the each army would be completed pretty quickly.
What do you guys think?

Evilhomer
28-02-2007, 19:14
Ok! I'm in, I'll do pre-heresy Dark Angels.
Would be good if we could get one guy per legion :)

BodhiTree
28-02-2007, 19:20
Would be good if we could get one guy per legion :) I like the sound of that.

teh_soldier
28-02-2007, 20:05
Okay guys, if you're in, PM Dave for a rules pack.
Everyone's good for £50 a month then?

SamaNagol
28-02-2007, 20:41
Already spoke to dave from the topic in the other room

Do we need to post lists or anything? Or will it be pretty much fly by the seat of ur pants, as the mood takes you, as long as you submit something regularly?

Gonfrask
28-02-2007, 22:28
Wonderfull those Emperor´s sons!!! Great work

SamaNagol
28-02-2007, 23:31
I have the pure Mk.6 Raven Guard project on the go - I've seen a bunch of conflicting information on whether Mk.6 is pre-heresy or not. Although I doubt I'd be at a Carnage any time soon, stranger things have happened though. It would be good for my motivation anyway.

Edit: I suppose I couldn't include the Scouts though, but they're on hold anyway.

Mk6 was around in INCREDIBLY limited quantities at the Siege of Terra, and even then was only available to the loyalist legions. As such it is not Pre-Heresy. Technically Mk 5 isn't Pre-Heresy either.

I'm assuming Heresy-era is acceptable for this project though?

asmodai_dark86
01-03-2007, 00:39
Hmm 50 pounds a month - By that I assume you mean 50 GW pounds, and not generally (so aquiring marines from other sources isnt a problem). Otherwise I'd probably not be able to do it, and I'd have

If so then I like the idea of a person per legion, just not sure which one to do.. possibly Salamanders, Thousands sons or Death Guard. Count me in.

Apart from that

SamaNagol
01-03-2007, 07:15
Yeh, it is GW pounds.

rickie8437
01-03-2007, 07:34
i would if some one could tell me were and when carnege is

as i have a per heresy squad build, just need to find out what legion to paint them, i also have a company captain done as well

if some one could let me know then i dont see why i couldnt do it

rick

Arch-Traitor Horus
01-03-2007, 07:35
i would love to i got my forgeworld stuff so im starting an army anyway

Arch-Traitor Horus
01-03-2007, 07:41
also if we are doing 1 guy per legion i got salamanders

dave is the best
01-03-2007, 15:24
Ok,,, first of all, If you cant make carnage dont worry.

i decided i will post the rules here.

Rule pack

• You can spend up to £50 a month; any remainder can be carried over to the next month.(this will be changed every 3or 4 months)
• You have to use games workshop or forge world prices, even if you had it already or got it cheaper.
• You have to update the log frequently
• You have to have a squad or a character finished at the end of every month
• You have to make as much of your army pre-heresy. Don’t worry if you cant convert everything. Remember: land raider crusaders, attack bikes, Predator Annihilators and man portable plasma cannons and multi-meltas weren’t around during that time.
• Each army has to be 1500pts at least and tournament legal.
• Each army should have a army list, some fluff and a display base (PM me if that will be a difficulty)
• All models must be Wusiwug

Information

• At the end there will be a price for best painted and modelled army and another for the best overall army (this combines the rank you get in the tournament and what you get for the appearance of the army) in the tournament.
• You will have just over a year to complete your army
• Your army should be mainly finished by Christmas.
• You should try get to carnage north in march next year.

If possible I would like it to start on the 1st of April. Please Pm me with your details.

Thanks Dave.

Don’t worry if you cant make it to carnage we will judge you on painting.

Please Pm me if you want to do it. Then i will tell you what you have to do.

thanks dave.

ps. it starts as soon as i start the project log.:D

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT LEGION YOUR DOING

You can use Codex chaos or codex marines for your army

meneptah
01-03-2007, 15:31
okay that sounds cool...
im in with emperors children.

dave is the best
01-03-2007, 15:34
Legions

Dark angles- evil Homer
Emperor's Children-meneptah
Iron warriors
White scars
Space wolves
Imperial fist- dave is the best
Night lords
Blood Angles- shaw3029
Iron Hands
World eaters
Ultramarines
Death guard
Thousand sons- asmodai_dark86
Luna wolves- teh_siolder
Word bearers
Salamaders- arch traitor horus
Raven guard- bodhitree
Alpha legion

dave is the best
01-03-2007, 15:41
Or will it be pretty much fly by the seat of ur pants, as the mood takes you, as long as you submit something regularly?

youve got it, That exactly how it could be done!

Dave

meneptah
01-03-2007, 15:44
dave: when u startin the project log?
it just that ive got a test model that i can chuck online...

asmodai_dark86
01-03-2007, 15:47
Gah he got Salamanders.. er.... Gah.. I'm sorely tempted to do night haunters, but I guess that I'll go with Thousan Sons.

And something tells me I'll regret that if someone else does a really cool Night Haunters army.

Also, you said were starting tomorrow 1st of April - tomorrows 1st of March. 1st of Aprils a better start date as it allows those legions not filled to get filled, also lets people plan things and al that.

Plus student loans come in April the 26th... You'd have a lot more people on board...

dave is the best
01-03-2007, 15:50
dave: when u startin the project log?
it just that ive got a test model that i can chuck online...

Post it up on here that would be cool.

Dave

BodhiTree
01-03-2007, 16:27
Okay, I guess I'm in with Heresy-era RG, although if someone is willing to go one further and do pre-heresy RG then I will stand aside. I think I can do one squad or character a month.

dave is the best
01-03-2007, 16:29
Okay, I guess I'm in with Heresy-era RG, although if someone is willing to go one further and do pre-heresy RG then I will stand aside. I think I can do one squad or character a month.

Ok your in.

Dave

shaw3029
01-03-2007, 16:29
Well I would be up for entering. I wouldnt be able to make the carnage especially as It Is up North.

I've already got a Imperial Fist army half (750pts) modelled already in my project log, Most are not painted yet and I've probably easily spent more than 100 GW pounds on them already. I do have a 1500 point list all planned.

If you was doing small combat patrol says 400 to 500 points then I would definetly be In and would do a small blood angels force possibly Space wolves but I think I would prefure to wait until they are released to do an army of space wolves.

But that defeats the point of the tournament I suppose It all depends on how many people can make It. I dont want to stick a huge spanner In the works or anything But consider this.

If you was to do combat patrol forces then the chances of getting people to do all the legions Is alot higher. It would be done faster so the chances of everyone dropping out and loosing there attention span are alot lower.

And perhaps because they all have smaller forces people are going to take there time more and think about It more and hopefully your will have some amazing looking small forces of every legion going.

Oh and It will cost less money as well. Which Is probably a bit of bigger deal than half the people let on.

Thanks.

BodhiTree
01-03-2007, 16:32
Hey now Shaw, it doesn't matter what you enter, it's still gonna be leaps and bounds better than my stuff. ;)

dave is the best
01-03-2007, 16:33
Wow thats a great idea. I think ill do a combat patrol or a 750pt army, then if you want to carry on then you can.

Would this be better?

asmodai_dark86
01-03-2007, 17:24
Yeh but lower the costs then - after all it is 50 quid a month - thats nearly 600 pounds of the next few months that I simply dont have.

Plus it means after the combat patrol if I get itchy to change legions I can do

shaw3029
01-03-2007, 17:31
My Imperial Fists I am going to to take to 1500 anyway. But I would prefure to do them In my own time and that.

I think that with a combat patrol force and perhaps building it upto 750 would mean that more people will hopefully be interested. Maybe there be one person or more to every legion.

I am up for doing blood angels if you are going to be doing combat patrols.

dave is the best
01-03-2007, 17:35
yep we will be doing combat patrols.

shaw3029
01-03-2007, 17:53
Cool, I hope everyone else Is happy with that then. Put me down for bloo angels. And update all the rules and stuff and let me know when It starts and il aim to get a Test piece done for the start of it all.

Thanks.

dave is the best
01-03-2007, 18:18
We are starting April. But please put WIP shots of your tests models so people can see how your doing, i will.

Dave

Weregerbil
01-03-2007, 19:02
I will join in with Space Wolves if you don't mind

bigred
01-03-2007, 19:12
Hey guys, Whenever I see these projects get started I get a little smile on my face.

For all the Pre-Heresy (soon to be traitor) Legions out there, check out my blog for logo sheets unless you really like hand painting legion logos.

Good luck guys and I can't wait to see how these armies proceed.

http://belloflostsouls.blogspot.com/search/label/logo%20sheet

-bigred

cookiescrumble
01-03-2007, 19:47
You guys might also want to check out this page.

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/spacemarines/painting/pre_heresy/default.htm.

bigred
01-03-2007, 19:58
For any who take a look at that GW Pre-heresy gallery PLEASE note that the only reason that squad of Death Guard have green shoulder pads is because the painter Dave Taylor thought it looked cool.

For the actual Loyalist Death Guard paint scheme, look in Index Astartes: Volume III.

asmodai_dark86
01-03-2007, 20:07
Dave are you going to start a project log in the science fiction section with the rules and which legions are taken/free in the first posting? You could then have the second posting as a list of resources for pre-heresy modellers (I'm happy to set this up if you want).

Ornithoticus
01-03-2007, 20:27
im very interested in doing the deathguard, probably to combat patrol level, if you could reserve that legion for me Dave. i'll need to confirm that later though but a list of resources will most definately help me with my decision :D

Orni

rickie8437
01-03-2007, 21:35
yep count me in i will do the alpha legion

rick role on next year

asmodai_dark86
01-03-2007, 22:14
Oh and can we call it something different - Tale of the Legions or something? As theres now a good dozen of us actually doing it

Just to keep the list updated:

THE FORCES OF THE EMPEROR
Space wolves - weregerbil
Dark angles- evil Homer
Blood Angles- shaw3029
Raven guard- bodhitree

THE FORCES OF HORUS
Luna wolves- teh_siolder
Alpha legion - rickie8473
Deathguard - Ornithorticus
Iron warriors - EmperorsChampion01

Still without takers we have

Word bearers
Night lords
World eaters (suprisingly)
Iron Hands
White scars
Ultramarines (rather unsuprisingly, although having said that they're getting quite popular)

Theres a few there whose pre-heresy actions arent that well detailed so I can see why there being left alone, however that leaves people with more scope to play around with things!
Also, seeing as though were aiming for combat patrols now, couldnt we aim to get together once the projects done. Possibly at Conflict north, or one of the larger northern stores, having a word with the store manager, showing him the log, and getting a table... perhaps.
I dunno, chucking ideas into the melting pot.

Theres always a the doubles event whenever that is. The question is, who goes with who... *Uses eye to observe the others*

rickie8437
01-03-2007, 22:22
WHAT !!!! its just 400pts now nooooooooooooo

i just spent last hour writing my 1500pts army and breaking down my shopping list over next 6 mouths, so i know what i need to get and when

so do i have to start again or is it still 1500pts

are we still all meeting at nottinham and have a great days gaming( and a few pints of bugmans after )

rick

Evilhomer
01-03-2007, 22:25
Good idea about the name change. Not so sure about the store meetup though - GW's in our area tend to be quite small (I've been to Preston years ago - in fact, Preston has a nasty habbit of stealing our managers ;)), and the larger ones we'd have no chance of getting space at.

I must admit, I quite like the idea of painting up a few dark "angles" merely so I can threaten people with pointy pythagoran death!

shaw3029
01-03-2007, 22:38
Well nearly all of the legions are done which Is cool.

Maybe someone should ask doghouse If he fancies doing 400 points of his world eaters.

Quick question what are the exact guidlines for a combat patrol?

And I take It someone Is going to start a new thread at some point in the project logs for this. I think there should be a deadline as well to post your test pieces by whenever that might be.

Thanks.

asmodai_dark86
01-03-2007, 22:44
Its 400 points for the first few months so people can basically try it and then those who want to carry on can - so Shaw keep your plans and list! (I'm starting mine tomorrow, mwahaha)

Nottingham sounds quite reasonable - picking the right day might mean we get to use a few tables and then have a mega game or something. Plus, pints in bugmans...

If dave hasnt started a project log by tomorrow then I'll do one - it'll be in the science fiction section. Ii was thinking though maybe we should split the traitors and the loyalists into different threads. Makes it easier to follow.

I think the rules will be 25-30 quid for the first few months, then upto 50 for those that stay on and plan to go for carnage.

EVILHOMER - Aye its a small store, but if we (by which I mean I) went and had a word we might stand a chance of getting it one afternoon, but then again why do that if we can get bugmans for the day...

BodhiTree
01-03-2007, 22:47
Hmm, if this is planned well enough I can order plane tickets... Arranging it around a Conflict or Carnage or something would make it even more worthwhile still.

asmodai_dark86
01-03-2007, 22:54
Thats a fair way to come though Bodhi.

Your stuffs always class though Bodhi, so I'm more then happy to put you up for a few nights at mine if your up for much drinking (assuming, as you say, all is planned well).

BodhiTree
01-03-2007, 22:56
That sounds like a deal! Thanks, AD. :)

shaw3029
01-03-2007, 22:57
Im not sure I will be carrying on the army past that, maybe a little we will have to see. But I have my pre heresy Imperial fists that I want to get finished.

I was tempted to do a small blood angels force before this but now Im definetly going to do one.

Im just wondering the rules for combat patrol so I can work out a list and that sort of thing.

asmodai_dark86
01-03-2007, 23:57
I think its something like
Only one of each choice barring troop, and must include one hq and one troop choice.
Two wounds maximum (so no force commander)
You cant have any 2+ save models in the army, and the maximum armour is 13 i *think*

Thats the basic limit, and I'd work off that for now. Its pretty restrictive, but encourages tactically flexible choices. I already have a rough idea of my thousand sons combat patrol... might post the list up later so people have a rough idea what to expect model and cost wise. Might also encourage more people to get involved in the early stages (and carry on hopefully).
I'll also post up unit choices that are pre-heresy so people can construct a list. If anyone else needs help and all that buisness then give me a shout. I could possible put someone else up for a few days as well if needs be.
(Just to reassure you I'm not some crazy internet killer, Its just this is a cool idea and I want it to work)

BODHITREE - Its no problem. You'll probably find it easier to get to Manchester airport and then to which ever carnage were going to then going to london, staying there, and then travelling across half the country...

Arch-Traitor Horus
02-03-2007, 03:32
sorry asmodai_dark86 for taking the salamanders

asmodai_dark86
02-03-2007, 03:46
Ahh dont worry about it, I have a couple of cool conversion ideas for my Thousand Sons - Salamanders were my first army so I was tempted but, Magnus' boys will do for me :)

Okay, I've drafted some guidelines for the construction of a pre-heresy Marine force using codex space marines, with specific choices for most legions. These are based on my background knowledge and a bit of research. There all perfectly legal as well, it just means limiting your choices in terms of what you can and can't take.

The following wargear may not be used –

Combat shield – introduced with 4th edition codex so I removed it, however I wouldn’t be too bothered about seeing one, especially in armies that are more martial based (Emperors children, world eaters, blood angels for example)

Holy Relic (Word Bearers only) – Religion was fiercly removed from humanity while the emperor was still alive, although the word bearers kinda weren’t listening…

Sacred Standard – Again, with the religious thing…

Fury of the Ancients – This is the beginning of the imperium, a time of renewel. There hasn’t been enough time for anyone to be ancient just yet.

The following did not exist, so cannot be taken by anyone –
Predator annhilators, land raider crusaders, land speeder typhoons, Tyranic war veterans

Okay I’ve basically gone through the list and picked out various unit choices that I believe should be army specific. I’ve explained my reasons behind this as well – I’ll be happy to edit this if theres a general concensus of mistakes. I’m trying to make an army building guideline that we can all work too. I can do the same for Chaos if so requested, although I’m not too fussed personally whether loyalists or traitors use either list.

The following are all restricted choices, and only available to those Legions as indicated below;
Master of Sanctity, Epistolarys, Company Champions, Land Speeder Tornados, Vindicators, Gun servitors.

Word Bearers can take Masters of Sanctity, but no Librarians (evil psykers, all that)

Thousands Sons may take Epistolarys, obviously representing the higher sorcerers, but no chaplains as the sorcerers already fufill that role.

Space Wolves may not take Librarians, as they through it to be evil magic (hence there hatred for Thousand Sons right from the beginning).

Imperial Fists may take Company Champions (representing an early form of the emperors champion), and vindicators.

Dark Angels and White Scars can take Land Speeder Tornados – they were in short supply, and fits the fighting style of these chapters.

Iron Warriors may take vindicators, to represent fighting styles.

Iron Warriors and Iron Hands may take Gun servitors, to represent the fact that they dabble more in machinery and were probably the first ones to make them (amongst the astartes that is). They may also take 0-4 servitors.

Salamanders may take Multimetlas in there devestator squads (don’t go daft though)

Emperors children may take company champions (lets you take Lucius that way…)

Luna Wolves may take unlimited assault cannons.

World Eaters can only have as many boltgun armed marines as it does equiped for close combat.

Alpha Legion and Raven Guard may take unlimited scout choices.

The following applies to all chapters unless otherwise noted;

One assault cannon only – from the information I found, they were rare. Same goes for cyclone missile launchers.

Dreadnoughts are a 0-1 choice, and no venerables, again because of the fact that the Imperium has just gotten going, and few marines were living long enough and dying to be worth whacking in one.

Scouts are a 0-1 choice, due to them being units used for infiltration, so used only for recon.

Techmarines may have 0-2 servitors. It stands to reason that the tech based chapters would have them, and the others simply wouldnt use them on the battlefield, so there restricted. Also, if you take a techmarine, you must include one servitor per vehicle (upto that chapters maximum. I imagine that if there on the field, there they are that groups tech support, so the tech marine would come along with all his gear if the groups vehicles are in use (it doesnt make sense to me that he'd leave them at home when the groups vehicles are onthe field).

No Scout Bikers – Scouts were fully fledged marines fuffilling an infiltration role. HOWEVER! Having looked at the rules, I can see them being space marines on jet bikes – the low attack and scout ability representing speed, whilst the lower save and wound representing the fragile nature of the jetbike. Makes sense to me, but I’ll remove this entirely if people want.

No melta weapons – in any unit, in any form.

I will do a list of the traits for each chapter if people want me too, but most of the people who are involved know there chapter inside out anyways. The above is a guideline, and it all depends on which list your using anyway.

Oh and I'll be adding my combat patrol up here fairly soonish....

Arch-Traitor Horus
02-03-2007, 03:58
asmodai_dark86 Lucius is the first HH book is said to fight with a combat shield at sword "In the old ways" my current army list can be found here http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71464 but needs to be changed because of those new rules wond stop me using it against my mates :D also if anyone is looking for some information on pre heresy armys try http://s10.invisionfree.com/Pre_Heresy/ how ever when we start we should make a new thread & request for it to be a sticky if possible

asmodai_dark86
02-03-2007, 04:39
Hey there not rules as such, just what I thought we should all go by. It does favor some more then others, but its totally legal too so it means we can use it at carnage.

And your list looks pretty cool, only some miner changes really. In fact if you left the list as is, and introduced the changes, you list should be roughly in the 1500 thats being aimed for.

Ahhh then it does suit the more martial armies, which is good to see. I might remove it later.

Anyway, my list for my combat patrol...

5 Space Marines
Frag and Krak, Plasma gun
Total = 100

5 Space Marines
Frag and Krak, Plasma gun
Total = 100

5 scouts w.Missile launcher
Total = 75

Codicer
Combi-plasmagun, Familiar
Total = 125

Not brilliant, but it'll get the job done hopefully. Also comes in (with my planned conversion) at a rather nice 59 quid! 71 if I get a bit silly and decide to go full with the conversions...

Oh yes, this is going to be a good few months...

Arch-Traitor Horus
02-03-2007, 04:50
yeh how many months we planning at? 4 cause 200 pound should make a very good army or do the gw way 50 first month 25 every other n a small 10 4 the last?

asmodai_dark86
02-03-2007, 05:19
I think, from whats been said, it'll be 25 pound for the first three months so that those who want to give it a try can do without making a full commitment. That way people who maybe wouldnt be able to get all the way over here, or be able to afford it usually, can still give it a stab.

Then once people have decided to stay on or quit we'll go from there. I think the original plan was 50, which is a lot, but this is a pre-heresy army where nearly everything will be converted (hell the preheresy raiders 60 quid with P&P). I can see a few people ordering lots of red scorpions and forgeworld raiders...

And its till next years Conflict North in England with a look towards everyone heading there and competting so between 10 and 12 months, although I can see us all meeting at Games Day UK as that'll be roughly the mid way point.

So thats anywhere between 300 and 600 pounds overall. Remember that its GW pounds, so if you buy a tactical squad you take it as 18 pounds off your budget, not the price you actually payed. That way everyone, essentially, starts from scratch.

I also had a thought, linked to what Ii said earlier about two threads. Rather then that, how about one thread, and then let people pick there fractions and such as things progress upto Conflict or the trip to nottingham? Dark Angels have always been iffy, Blood angels could go heretic too. I dunno just thinking it might unite people behind a leader and all that, and you'd have people encouraging each other once they'd declared there allegence. It would also encourage much negotiating behind the scenes...

Have Dave leading loyalists, and teh_soldier leading the traitors as clearly defined things - after all, they started it. Then let them coerce people into sidding with there fraction much like horus did originally. Yeh its not as it is in the fluff, but it makes things a bit more interesting.
Imagine horus leading the loyalist fractions..... very interesting.... so that we're assembling our armies pre-heresy and when conflict comes were in the heresy itself....
If you want someone whose online alot to help run this/set this up then let me know. I have bad insomnia, hence why my postings have been throughout the day and night...

EmperorsChamp01
02-03-2007, 06:10
I would love to join but if i can get a job here in the next week or so you can count me in. But if not then ill let you know. So the Limmit is 100 american Dollars a month??? And if they arnt taking by then i would like to do Iron Warriors. Its just the fact that i wont be able to join in the Big game that you guys plan on doing. :( so if that one of the Stipulations than you can count me out im sorry.

asmodai_dark86
02-03-2007, 06:20
I wouldnt worry about it too much - if you can get over great (you can crash at mine with bodhitree :D ). If not build the army, spire others.

Yeh roughly - 50 dollars for the first three months to build a combat patrol, and then probably 100 after that. I'll add you to the list - I can always remove you if things dont work out :)

EmperorsChamp01
02-03-2007, 06:47
Like where is conflict this year???? i might see if my dad will give me a plane ticket as my senior present...

asmodai_dark86
02-03-2007, 06:56
The Royal Armouries in Leeds, but they they might shift it - it was in manchester originally so who knows.
But were best sorting this out Sometime after Christmas when the tickets go on sale.

rickie8437
02-03-2007, 07:27
when can we post a test model as ive just built my first alpha legion marine wohahhhahah

sounds goo, this going to be fun

rick

asmodai_dark86
02-03-2007, 07:49
Go for it! Cant wait to see

rickie8437
02-03-2007, 07:54
not painted just built, so do i post it on here or wait for the project log

rickie8437
02-03-2007, 08:19
rite thats me mail ordered my bits for my first squade and comander

spent £23.75

just uploading my pics from camra then i will post a pic of my test model

which i think could end up in one of the squads

rick

asmodai_dark86
02-03-2007, 08:26
Gah, sneaky Alpha Legion already mobilising!

Seams only fair that I should do the same - lets all now pray to the god of money lending, and hope that I can buy either my scouts or the librarian.

Btw if anyones after any high elves, wood elves, or chaos stuff keep an eye on my sig - its going to explode later with my many auctions....

rickie8437
02-03-2007, 08:30
here he is in all his bad glory

may paint him later after i do some of my new dark angles

asmodai_dark86
02-03-2007, 08:39
Looking cool there, the pose works really well, and its reminded me of what I need to do before I start buying anything - shave the trim off a pile of shoulder pads and convert some bolters

rickie8437
02-03-2007, 08:41
the only thing i want to do to him is add the bumps on to the sholder pad, may be a leg

was thinking at trying my hand at none metalic metals as the alpha legion are real dark purple and sliver

rick

asmodai_dark86
02-03-2007, 08:45
I've seen two ways of doing it - the first is with drawing pins, and the other is with blobs of pva glue. The pva glue works much better it has to be said.

Purple and silver? Is that there pre-heresy colors?

rickie8437
02-03-2007, 09:03
it is by what i have seen in index astartes part 4

deep purple with silver trim

shaw3029
02-03-2007, 13:27
Ok so I will try and work out a combat patrol list later on.

I might try and Include a Whirlwind, Some scouts, A tactical squad and a assault squad. Oh and a HQ.

If I can fit that Into a tiny amount of points. Damn Its gona be tight.

I noticed you didnt put up any restrictions or anything for blood angels.

I've made my model gonna try and take some photos in a bit for you all.

Anybody know the colour of the armour trim and things like that before the heresy?

Thanks

rickie8437
02-03-2007, 14:17
An ok guy here’s the rules for combat patrols, just in case you didn’t have a rule book or you don’t know them.

Armies are no more than 400 pts

You must have one troop’s choice

You may have a HQ choice, but no more than one

You can spend the remaining points from anywhere in the codex

No models can have more than 2 wounds

No special characters

No 2+ saves

No vehicles with a total AV greater than 33(this is calculated by adding the front, side and rear AV numbers, only count the side once)

No ordnance weapons

hope this helps

rick

shaw3029
02-03-2007, 14:30
Ok here Is my lists so far. I havnt worked out the money cost or anything like that.

But here they are. There going to need some refining.

1st...

Captain. 60

5x marines. 75

5x scouts. 65

whirlwind. 85

5x assault marines. 110

TOTAL. 395.

OR ...............

2nd...

Captain. 60.
+
4x marines. 60.

5x scouts. 65

whirlwind. 85

5x assault marines. 110

TOTAL. 380.

Shaves a few more points off that way for some extra bits and bobs.

Now I have a couple of questions...

Do I have to have a HQ choice Cant I lead them with a veteran sergeant?

Does anyone have the blood angels codex to hand. How do honour guard work? Would It work out cheaper to have a captain and have 4 honour gaurd. Might save more points that way If you see what I mean.

Thanks.

rickie8437
02-03-2007, 14:32
you want to go through that with the combat rules i dont think you can have a whirlwind

rick

shaw3029
02-03-2007, 14:36
ah crap! I didnt realise It was an ordanance weopon.

Any suggestion one what to have instead?

rickie8437
02-03-2007, 14:45
let me think you doing blood angles hhhmmmmmmmmmmm

you can have land speeders

razorbacks
rhinos
bikes thats it for vehicles

rick

shaw3029
02-03-2007, 14:47
Ok, Im going to do another list.

One question.

Do you need a HQ,

Its just that you put you may have a HQ. For troops you put you have to have one choice.

Could I take a veteran sgt as my HQ or somthing like that?

Thanks

rickie8437
02-03-2007, 15:07
You have to have a troop’s choice

You can have an hq but you don’t have to if you don’t want to

If you do he can’t have a 2+ save or have more than 2 wounds so no masters’ just captions or lower level characters

Also no war gear that gives you a 2+ save

rick

dave is the best
02-03-2007, 15:10
Oh and can we call it something different - Tale of the Legions or something? As theres now a good dozen of us actually doing it

Just to keep the list updated:

Dark angles- evil Homer
Blood Angles- shaw3029
Raven guard- bodhitree

THE FORCES OF HORUS
Luna wolves- teh_siolder

Word bearers
Night lords
Iron Hands
White scars
Ultramarines (rather unsuprisingly, although having said that they're getting quite popular)

Theres a few there whose pre-heresy actions arent that well detailed so I can see why there being left alone, however that leaves people with more scope to play around with things!
Also, seeing as though were aiming for combat patrols now, couldnt we aim to get together once the projects done. Possibly at Conflict north, or one of the larger northern stores, having a word with the store manager, showing him the log, and getting a table... perhaps.
I dunno, chucking ideas into the melting pot.

Theres always a the doubles event whenever that is. The question is, who goes with who... *Uses eye to observe the others*

Thanks for that. I was thinking £50 too start off with then £35 for two months. At the end we could all meet up. ( around the time of conflict london.) Probably at warhammer world.

WHAT !!!! its just 400pts now nooooooooooooo

i just spent last hour writing my 1500pts army and breaking down my shopping list over next 6 mouths, so i know what i need to get and when

so do i have to start again or is it still 1500pts

are we still all meeting at nottinham and have a great days gaming( and a few pints of bugmans after )

rick

After combat patrols we are going on to 1000pts then to 1500pts.

Dave

rickie8437
02-03-2007, 15:20
Sounds like a plan Dave

So when is this going to start as I have ordered my bits for my combat patrol?

And have built a tester

We should try to get a load of tables at warhammer world and plays a load of games then go to bagman’s and have a few pints, have a look around for us, like me that haven’t been before

Rick

shaw3029
02-03-2007, 15:25
Quick question.

Can we buy from Battlewagon bits. Does that count as GW money.

rickie8437
02-03-2007, 15:28
i think what ever you buy you have to take it as you got it from gw

so if you got a combat patrol for say 4 pound you would have to say you spent 9 pound

think thats how i was told by asmodie last night

rick

dave is the best
02-03-2007, 15:39
Yeah thats how it works rickie.

:cries: It may put you off, but im not oldernuff to drink:cries:.

I am going to order some Fw stuff today, then tomorrow i will make a mail order and buy all my stuff for the first month.

I will start the log today or tomorrow.:D

Dave

shaw3029
02-03-2007, 16:10
Ok,

So after some work Here is the list I will be using.

400 points.

HQ.

Commander. 60
Power Weapon. 15
Bolt Pistol. 1
Auspex. 2

4x marines. 6
bolters (I think)
flamer. 6

razorback. 70
search light. 1

Troops.

5 x scouts. 65
heavy bolter. 5
Close combat weapons.

Fast attack.
5 x assault marines. 110
plasma pistol. 5

Total. 400

Now there's not to much anti tank weaponry, Well only a single plasma pistol really which might even be a bit risky if he blows his head off! But I dont think l will be coming up against to many tanks.

In the end I decided on a commander as he will prove pretty good in combat with his power sword giving him that extra boost.

I am thinking about giving the command squad close combat weapons as well. But that would mean everyone In the army has them then. I think I need a bit of long range fire power.

Im not to sure really they are blood angels and all. I don't know If I want to model that many guys with close combat weapons.

Tell me what you think.

Thanks

Ps. Im going to take some photos In a bit and post my test piece up. Im also going to try and work out where to spend the budget.

120 pounds for the first three months to make a combat patrol.

Pss. I was asking about battlewagon bits as I plan on making some very diffrent scouts using bits from Imperial guard, Khorne Beserkers and chaos marauders. They wont be much from Battlewagon bits but from Games workshop ordering seperate sprues they would come to alot.

Thanks again.

rickie8437
02-03-2007, 16:30
looks good but as you said i dont think any of us will come across many tanks and if we do its going to be razorbacks or rhinos ( dead hard they are )

but yeah list looks good, post the pics as soon as you can i have mine im painting him now

i hope to get my list up soon but i still dont know what codex to use

oh well i think i should to two list per codex

rick

dave is the best
02-03-2007, 16:39
Dark angles- evil Homer
Blood Angles- shaw3029
Raven guard- bodhitree

THE FORCES OF HORUS
Luna wolves- teh_siolder
word bearers- cyphertheory

Night lords
Iron Hands
White scars

Evilhomer
02-03-2007, 16:55
Iirc the STC for the razorback wasn't found until after the Horus Heresy.
I know assault cannons weren't used until post heresy also - the reaper autocannon filled this role :)
Not too sure when melta-weapons appeared though... I always thought they saw fairly heavy use!

*edit*

My sourcebooks are all in Blackpool and I'm in Stoke-on-Trent at the moment, so I can't really be sure about what was used and what wasn't. As I'm aware the vindicator was in use by the Horus Heresy - I'm pretty sure adeptus titanicus tells us this....

rickie8437
02-03-2007, 16:56
plasma melta and heavy bolters are the main heavy weapons

as for assault cannons then model them as autocannons but use rules for assault

makes life a hole lot easyer

rick

shaw3029
02-03-2007, 17:00
I dont know where it says about much of the stuff around before the heresy I know it says somthing wernt around until later.

I think assault cannons were around near the end. And Im pretty sure razorbacks were but I dunno.

dave is the best
02-03-2007, 17:09
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1347666#post1347666

Heres the project log.

Dave

asmodai_dark86
02-03-2007, 17:22
Dave you do realise that for that price I could build my 400 combat and probably beef up to the 1000 without too much bother.

Make it 25 quid a piece for three months. I know your egger to get started, but theres no point going kamakaze

dave is the best
02-03-2007, 17:25
i need to get forge world parts for my army and im sure other people would want to use them, plus im using sculpted shoulder pads.

how about £40.
or maybe £35.

Dave

asmodai_dark86
02-03-2007, 17:29
I dunno, seems overkill but I guess I could roll over my month for a few months and plough it all into a pair of heresy land raiders at the end or something.

I just dont want to be stuck with redundant units...

Evilhomer - it was but in limited numbers, and it suits the chapters that have it.
Assault cannons are the same.
Oh and whoever mentioned blood angels - they use the same closecombat to bolter rule as world eaters.

Dave, would you mind if I did a kind of offical rules pack or something? Just so were all working on the same thing. It also gives us something to give to new people when they sign up.
Let me know and I'll get on it when I get in.

shaw3029
02-03-2007, 17:31
Id say 40 to start and then 20, 25ish.

Dave do you realise It says In the project log that the first deadling is the 2nd of march? Well thats today.

dave is the best
02-03-2007, 18:06
Id say 40 to start and then 20, 25ish.

Dave do you realise It says In the project log that the first deadling is the 2nd of march? Well thats today.

ill just change that

I dunno, seems overkill but I guess I could roll over my month for a few months and plough it all into a pair of heresy land raiders at the end or something.

I just dont want to be stuck with redundant units...

Evilhomer - it was but in limited numbers, and it suits the chapters that have it.
Assault cannons are the same.
Oh and whoever mentioned blood angels - they use the same closecombat to bolter rule as world eaters.

Dave, would you mind if I did a kind of offical rules pack or something? Just so were all working on the same thing. It also gives us something to give to new people when they sign up.
Let me know and I'll get on it when I get in.

nope i dont mind. You have been a real help, thankyou.

rickie8437
02-03-2007, 18:12
dave if there is anything you need me to do pm me

as i am online all day (4 mounths off ) so let me know

take it we now post all pics and wips on the thread you linked to us

and your a wee boy, when we go to bugmans i will by you a coke if you dont mine me drinking a barrel of bugmans after all i am the size of a black orc hahahahahaha

rick

Weregerbil
02-03-2007, 18:15
Eh just one point Dreads were fairly common during the heresy after all the years of fighting.

rickie8437
02-03-2007, 18:28
yes the legions all had dread but at the mo we are only doing 400pt combat patrols and as there av add up to more than 33, you dont need to wast time doing one untill we move to a 1000pts

rick

dave is the best
02-03-2007, 18:48
this list is wrong

Heres my army list

Tactical squad
Vet sergeant
Power weapon
8 marines
Plasma gun
155pts

Tactical squad
Vet sergeant
Combi- flamer
8 marines
Plasma gun
145pts

Whirlwind
Pintle-mounted storm bolter
95pts

dave

Jericho
02-03-2007, 20:33
Quick question, when is Conflict London approximately? I didn't see it in the thread. I've wanted to go to the UK for ages and this could be a good reason to go... even if it's only to show off a Combat Patrol sized army. I have a million projects on the go but a small force could be cool.

Of the available legions I'm thinking World Eaters might be the most likely... shame the EC and Death Guard are taken. They would've been fun :) I could play WE to my usual style as well I think, mostly shooty but with a good solid countercharge element.

Kinda nice how I have a ton of Marine stuff kicking around, I had some from before and just recently traded in some unopened odds and ends for the DA box for the two metal characters and the book. That means I've got a LOT of plastic kicking around that I don't know what to do with :D

<edit> Maybe I could re-visit my Ultramarines, they were after all my first army... interesting idea... </edit>

asmodai_dark86
02-03-2007, 21:04
I'll get onto a snazzy package tonight and send them out to everyone with the rules proposed. I will work out everything and email everyone with it tonight.

Jericho
02-03-2007, 21:08
OK I dug up and took a photo of my never-quite-finished pre Heresy EC character... man it's been ages since I worked on him :D Main reason I show it is to inspire, and to show off a cool conversion for old-school looking bolt pistols.

People do old style bolters all the time but no one ever seems to bother with the pistols. it's a relatively easy thing to do as well, you pretty much just shave the little notch behind the muzzle with a brand new Xacto knife and swap the clip out for one with the bolter shells visible. That would kinda be expensive for the keeping track of funds part of the deal though, if you had to cite a Chaos Marine sprue every time you made a pistol. I'll try to think of another way to ger those kinds of clips.

Anyway I hope to finish this guy up some day, once I get my hands on the plastic backpack from the SM Captain. I really want that eagle backpack to finish him off :D The shoulder pad needs a self-sculpted EC legion logo... or maybe instead of that one of the bigass wings off the DA sprues I have lying around. Hrm... tempting :D

Arch-Traitor Horus
02-03-2007, 21:30
i will take the world eaters on as well (i think im going crazy) if no one takes them

EDIT: If jericho wants them he can have them ill do ultra marines or night lords

rickie8437
02-03-2007, 21:41
hhhmmmmmmmm should i take on the word bearers as well

hhhhhhhmmmmmmm i dont know i think i might you know but i will wait and see if anyone else wants to do them

just thinking i could convert some nice marines from new da stuff and make a cool dark apostal mmmmmmmmm

rick

Jericho
02-03-2007, 21:47
That's what I was thinking but they got someone doing WB already. My DA bits go to waste unless I make a squad of Veterans as "chaplain trainees" or something :wtf: ;)

<edit> For the sake of sanity I'll rank my preferences, because this doubling up thing is confusing me :D

Emperor's Children
Death Guard
Word Bearers
World Eaters
Ultramarines

I think that's how it would go. When did the Word Bearers get snatched up? I didn't see anyone mention them on the thread, but I might've just missed it. I only saw the final summary that said they were taken. </edit>

Evilhomer
02-03-2007, 22:03
Jericho - I'm sure we can find you a place to crash if you do decide to visit! Us Brits bing the welcoming type n' all!
Btw talk to asmodai_dark86 as I think hes after some robed DA bodies for his T-Sons ;)

*edit* asmodai_dark86 - if you need any plasitcard or other modelling materials fo this project (I know I'll be requiring a whole heap) theres a great model shop in Preston I usually get that sort of gear from - Transport Models, if you've not heard of it (I assume its Preston, Lancs, right?)

*2nd edit*
Jericho - with painting skills like that, you gotta join - that EC is superb...

asmodai_dark86
02-03-2007, 22:15
Is that the one just off the road with 53 degrees on it? If so there bloody frustrating - especting to know exactly what I'm buying when I barely stray from the 40k lines.

*Wonders at all the anarachy*

Evilhomer
02-03-2007, 22:39
No idea mate, I rarely go to Preston. I know its housed in a big ol' mill on strand (?) road, and is around the corner from the docks. The website lists abit of their stock but not all of it. They have heaps and heaps of plasticard, plastruct and other building materials (although I think they can be abit expensive, but what model shop isnt these days). As for customer service, I asked the old dear behind the counter for a specific kit by Dragon (1/35th scale MP5's and M16's). She was very confused but extremely helpful, even getting out all their trade catalogs...!

Arch-Traitor Horus
02-03-2007, 23:58
Dark angles- evil Homer
Blood Angles- shaw3029
Raven guard- bodhitree

THE FORCES OF HORUS
Luna wolves- teh_siolder

Night lords
Iron Hands
White scars

Jericho wants either Ultra's or WE so that leaves Iron hands Night lords White scars

i will either take on the WE if Jericho dont want them other wise its white scars

SamaNagol
03-03-2007, 06:42
Umm Dave, I* signed up for WEaters from the start. You even messaged me back about it?

No?

And may I ask as to why no Meltaguns?

Arch-Traitor Horus
03-03-2007, 06:58
Ill take any army for my second one if there are any left over

dave is the best
03-03-2007, 07:40
Umm Dave, I* signed up for WEaters from the start. You even messaged me back about it?

No?

And may I ask as to why no Meltaguns?

sorry, you are in. Updated list.

You can only take limited melta guns

FOR BITS YOU CAN NOW USE BWB THATS ALL

Dark angles- evil Homer
Blood Angles- shaw3029
Raven guard- bodhitree
Ultramarines - Jericho?

THE FORCES OF HORUS
Luna wolves- teh_siolder
World eaters- SamaNagol

Night lords
Iron Hands
White scars

Arch-Traitor Horus
03-03-2007, 07:43
Dave im happy for any of those last 3 IH,WS,NL in that order
also what if someone would like to do the Sons of Hourus could they?

Arch-Traitor Horus
03-03-2007, 07:46
FOR BITS YOU CAN NOW USE BWB THATS ALL

What about GW bits?

dave is the best
03-03-2007, 07:48
By the way the budget goes.

£50 March
£40 April
£40 April

When would be the best time to meet up? Im thinking we will meet up at warhammer world maybe the end of may so people can go to conflict london on June 3rd.

Dave

dave is the best
03-03-2007, 07:49
What about GW bits?

Yeah but some people need one bit from a spure that cost £9, so people can have cool themed armies, you can by bits using battle wagon bits.

DAVE

Arch-Traitor Horus
03-03-2007, 08:00
By the way the budget goes.

£50 March
£40 April
£40 April

When would be the best time to meet up? Im thinking we will meet up at warhammer world maybe the end of may so people can go to conflict london on June 3rd.

Dave
i think you mean
£50 March
£40 April
£40 May

also Me & BodhiTree dont live in uk so yeh :(

Arch-Traitor Horus
03-03-2007, 09:31
after may we should cut back to 25pound cause if were going to Christmas like your PM said we will have armys around 3000Pts, so i might go to 1.5k points for the second army if thats ok

rickie8437
03-03-2007, 11:20
so its just them three legions left

oh if no one takes them, then i will take on one of them say the night lords

as well as the alpha legion

rick

doghouse
03-03-2007, 11:47
I'll take Night Lords if they're going spare! :)

rickie8437
03-03-2007, 11:48
i will take on the night lords as well as the alpha legion

just read there history and think they look cool so yeah i will do the two of them

not like i have any work to go to for the next 4 months

rick

dog house do you want the night lords

ok i will take on the iron hands instead as well as the alpha legion

ok i will let dave know you are doing night lords

have you read the rules for what we are doing

rick

Dark angles- evil Homer
Blood Angles- shaw3029
Raven guard- bodhitree
Ultramarines - Jericho?
Iron Hands - rickie8437

THE FORCES OF HORUS
Luna wolves- teh_siolder
Alpha legion - rickie8437
World eaters- SamaNagol
Night Lords- doghouse

White scars

just a quick update of whats left and who's doing what

doghouse
03-03-2007, 11:56
rickie8437: Thanks mate, been itching to have a go at them for ages now but never had an excuse 'till now.
Yeah, I've read the rules it sounds like fun, I'll start work on them this afternoon. :)

sarabando
03-03-2007, 11:57
il take WS but my budget will be abit lower

asmodai_dark86
03-03-2007, 12:21
but those last legions should be left free so people can join up, plus I dont have 50 quid at the drop of a hat so my first months purchase just arent going to happen.

I dunno it feels like we've all dived into a great idea without it having been thought through and organised...

teh_soldier
03-03-2007, 12:56
Well, here's a summary of how I see it.
First up is a 400 points Combat Patrol List.
Once we've finished that (not sure how long it'll take) we can move on up to 100 points, then 1500 (for Carnage).
The Mothly Budget, at current, stands at
March: £50
April: £40
May: £40
If you cant quite afford the full budget, don't worry too much.

Anything you buy, no matter how much it costs you personally, takes a cut out of your budget equivalent to the GW price. Therefore if you buy a Tatical Squad from eBay for £10, the amount taken out of your budget is £18.

BW Bitz may be used to buy individual parts, and I think that we'll use how much they cost for our Budget. GWonline is the same, you can buy parts and take the slice out of your budget of how much it costs.

As for meeting up, if we all have 1500 points done by the next Carnage North, we can all meet up there (not sure what people will say about 18 of the places taken up by SM players...

I think we should all put a link in our sigs to a list of bitz we need, as we should be able to help each other out. Makes everything look nicer as well, as you'll have a better chance of getting exactly what you want for your army.

I think that we should have a competition at the end for best-painted army, and let the Warseer Community decide which Army is the best.

I also tghink that asmodai_dark86's suggestion about letting people pick factions could work well, as later on in the project people could begin modding/replacing parts of their army with more Heretical themes if they decide to go traitor.

As for other peopel joining in later, we could have a kind of "Second Founding" where more players can join with other armies later on.

Just my two pennies.

asmodai_dark86
03-03-2007, 12:58
I was thinking that some people now have armies for both sides... let them remain one legion per player, and if legions arent taken up in three months them let people do two.

NOTE - Expect the official rules set all gubbinz to be up some time today

teh_soldier
03-03-2007, 13:12
Anyone know where i can find a guide on how to make Marines into "true-scale"?

dave is the best
03-03-2007, 14:45
Thanks for all the help.

DAve

Ornithoticus
03-03-2007, 16:29
just bought a fw red scorpians upgrade kit and have a list of BW bits ready to order before the end of the weekend:D. does it matter if this takes me over this months a bit seeing as it will last for 3 months?

shaw3029
03-03-2007, 17:05
Heres a link for true scale marines I found.

Not sure how easy there going to be to make though. Im not going to use it. Not too keen on truescale as then I would want the tanks and everything to be done right.

rickie8437
03-03-2007, 17:55
Dark angles- evil Homer
Blood Angles- shaw3029
Raven guard- bodhitree
Ultramarines - Jericho?
White scars - sarabando

THE FORCES OF HORUS
Luna wolves- teh_siolder
Alpha legion - rickie8437
World eaters- SamaNagol
Night Lords- doghouse

iron hands ( i will do these unless some one takes them on)

an update on who is doing what

rick

asmodai_dark86
03-03-2007, 18:20
Ornithothoticus - Dont worry so much, as you could spread the cost over the three months (so if you spend 45 this month, then you'll only have 25 next month if that makes sense)

Expect the next three months rule pack tonight, just need some funky pictures and stuff to make it cool.
I've also done the other sections of the series ready to send out, it looks cool so far... very cool

rickie8437
03-03-2007, 18:25
i put post up so iron hands are the only one left to be done

if there not taken in three months then i will do them

if that ok by the rest of you ?

rick

TCUTTER
03-03-2007, 18:38
not that im questioning you here, but to my knowledge the imperial army was a large part of the heresy, perhaps there could be a few guard players to take that role, the eldar helped too if memory serves me well

Ornithoticus
03-03-2007, 18:54
not sure abuout the eldar (seeing as xenophobia was rife even then) but there was definately a lot of guard around, i vaguely remember mentions of the guard armies containing lots of mutants initially during the crusade

edit: btw aqesome avatar, if it is who i think it is

rickie8437
03-03-2007, 20:14
i dont know about guard and eldar but you will have to msg dave this is his baby hes in charge

rick

asmodai_dark86
03-03-2007, 20:21
Nah no guard for now as I've factored them into the storyline already plus the eldar will only make an appearance if daemons come into play.

To make the factions idea work, no legion has to go heretic... in fact no ones heretic, as theres going to be two warmasters...

rickie8437
03-03-2007, 20:32
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo just have one warmaster

have it that we vote on who should be then rally around him for a big fight

so the death guard could be the warmasters legion and the word bearers beening loyal that sort of thing

rick

cyphertheory
03-03-2007, 20:32
Hey Guys, just thought id pop in and say that i was the one that picked up the word bearers, but i havent had a chance to post so far, i have already scupted a couple of shoulder pads, and ive got a test mini painted up which i will post in the project log some time tomorrow hopefully

anyone got any suggestions for a patrol force and a 1500 point force? i was perhaps thinking of using the black templars rules as suggested on the preheresy forums, but im not stuck to that idea.

i want chaplains and a cool command squad in the 1500 points and a dreadnought but appart from that im really open to suggestions

thanks

Paul

asmodai_dark86
03-03-2007, 20:39
Nope theres going to rules up within the hour using the marine codex for the combat patrols, and the word bearers are the only ones with access to the holy relic and master of sanctity - remember, its the start of the era of the pre-heresy at the moment, so no need for that much crazyiness

rickie8437
03-03-2007, 20:44
if you do word bearer then go for max chaplins as its only right you do so why have a captian take the feild when you have a crazy chaplin that loves the dark gods killing for you

rick

Jericho
03-03-2007, 20:45
Were the rules posted anywhere yet? I didn't get a PM and I just realised the email address I used to sign up probably isn't valid anymore :D

asmodai_dark86
03-03-2007, 20:49
No im literally just adding a picture now so its a bit interesting :D

Its also the first of three packs - one at each stage of the series...

asmodai_dark86
03-03-2007, 21:28
Okay the rules set are attatched here - if you have any problems opening the file let PM me and let me know and I'll reply right away.

They are also a set of progressive rules - some of the restrictions will be lifted towards the end of the campaign, notibly on dreadnoughts and assault cannons.

The factions rules will be in the next set of rules, and there fun believe me, especially if people follow the attitudes of there chapter (dark angels being secretive, alpha legion being sneaky, world eaters being... well crazy)

Ornithoticus
03-03-2007, 21:33
thanks mate, glad sopmebogy could go to the effort to do this. my only gripe is that my name got spelt wrong in the list, no wories though doesn't really matter

Peace out

Orni

edit
hope you dont mind AD, did a quick spell check, modified version attached

Arch-Traitor Horus
03-03-2007, 21:40
cyphertheory a couple of things about word bearers 1. remember there armour is a dark gray not black(this is the point most people miss) and that the new lib with the book chest plate might make a good vet sarger or something

also what of the sons of horus may i do them?

asmodai_dark86
03-03-2007, 21:44
Ill make sure its right for the next one - theres probably a pile of spelling mistakes I havent noticed.

But im glad to be of help :D

No there Luna Wolves, and as to them becoming Sons of Horus... its kinda linked to the next stage

cyphertheory
03-03-2007, 21:47
@ asmodai_dark86

yeah no problems, i can just see the word bearers being very fanatical at this point of the crusades, before their rebuke from the emperor for the religious overtones they are taking, and the black templar rules may be best for that

@ Arch-Traitor Horus

yep they are dark grey, i found that vallejo german grey was the best with a black ink over it, this isnt to dark or too light, i will be posting the pics when i can

Ornithoticus
03-03-2007, 21:49
AD-added a spellchecked version in my earlier post, hope you don't mind

Arch-Traitor Horus
03-03-2007, 21:51
ok asmodai_dark86 hmm not gonna stop me making another legion just in a different thread woo:D (kind of like shaw) also dont have to build it as fast or as big

asmodai_dark86
03-03-2007, 21:57
Thats cool arch-lector - should I take you off doing this project though?

teh_soldier
03-03-2007, 22:06
Looking good to me, except I hate having unlimited Assault Cannons, as my other Army uses 8 Assault Cannons at 1500 points.
Only other thing is am I going to have to change my colour scheme from Lunar Wolves to Sons of Horus to Black Legion?

Ornithoticus
03-03-2007, 22:11
i think you can choose to keep them loyal if you want, thats what im aiming to do, and i'd assume that we're starting just as they change the scheme to son's of horus

amstelbier
03-03-2007, 22:18
Ok, whats left Legion wise?

would like to do Iron Hands if possible...

cyphertheory
03-03-2007, 22:46
can i ask, when people think of the word bearers, what comes to mind?

im thinking at this point they would be something like a monsatic order, tonsures and robes ect? or do you think that i am off the mark?

rickie8437
03-03-2007, 22:51
if you want to get a good idea what there were like then read false gods as they are in that loads and it allso tell you what there amrour was like

rick

asmodai_dark86
03-03-2007, 23:07
Teh_soldier - I was thinking that when my warmasters scheme comes into place (it'll all makes sense) then its upto those people if they want to rename/redecorate there chapter. The Luna Wolves became the Sons of Horus because he got Warmaster, and that wont necessarily happen this time round. Trust me, carry on with the legion as they are now, with the rules and color schemes as they were originally before any changes...

Basically the legion scheme involved nominating two warmasters in July - if they want to rename there legion the sons of ______ then I'm happy with that as its exactly what Horus did, and probably what the others would have done

Amstelbier - I shall add you onto the list

WE NOW HAVE ALL THE PEOPLE WE NEED - IN THREE MONTHS THERE WILL BE A TOTAL OF 7200 POINTS OF PRE-HERESY MARINES!

Arch-Traitor Horus
03-03-2007, 23:07
Ok, whats left Legion wise?

would like to do Iron Hands if possible...

Good new there the only legion left if rickie8437 doesnt take them

amstelbier
03-03-2007, 23:35
This is my list

Techmarine Brother Pheobus
Storm Bolter, Bionics
Total: 75pts

Tactical Squad Hammer
6 Marines
Plasma Gun, Heavy Bolter
Total: 105pts

Tactical Squad Fist
5 Marines
Plasma Gun
Total: 85pts

Devastator Squad Reclamation
5 Marines
4 Heavy Bolters
Total: 135pts

Total: 400pts

rickie8437
03-03-2007, 23:40
so iron hands are gone (sad face ) oh well so we have all 18 legions sweet

rick

asmodai_dark86
03-03-2007, 23:48
Gah thats reminded me - storm bolters (not removed, combi-bolters perhaps on the list?)

And by the looks of all this I think I might redo my list... its out matched by a fair bit.... by everyone

amstelbier
03-03-2007, 23:59
Thats ok, I can drop the storm bolter and just keep a regular bolter and add another heavy bolter to my army - to the 5 man squad.

makes it easier mail order wise... and money wise too :)

asmodai_dark86
04-03-2007, 00:03
Thats cool - I will put it in the next rules that storm bolters are a general no-no.

Besides, two boltguns stuck together wont look right on regular marines

Arch-Traitor Horus
04-03-2007, 00:12
what are the best ways to make pre heresy armour MkIII would be best to get from Khrone Bezerkers, MKIV Red scorps, MKVI from space marine box etc
also asmodai_dark86 dont take me off i ment another legion thats taken by someone else with out the Tale of 4 gamers rule

rickie8437
04-03-2007, 00:19
best why i have found so far is to use the iron warriors bit i have a pic of some i have done (best way to do mrk 111 that i have found)

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/rickie8437/100_0653.jpg

rick

asmodai_dark86
04-03-2007, 00:23
Red scorpions is the easiest but most expensive
Khorne bezerkers are the cheapest but involve the most work
Tactical box is the hardest but you'll have to buy a lot of marine sets to get the right armour.

Arch-Traitor Horus
04-03-2007, 01:14
battlewagon bits seems the best way to make these armys

Does any one think a 2 legged upright defiler with all the chaosy bits removed and converted like a small titan would be cool im thinking of putting one in my force later down the line

we should also be helping each other out with fluff like did iron hands have there bionic fetish pre heresy? etc

amstelbier
04-03-2007, 10:16
just realised i have 6 heavy weapons and 2 plasma guns.... is that overkill? lol.

For a dreadnouhgt - for 400pts at least I was thinking of converting up a Terminator with Assault Cannon as the Iron Hands not only have a bionic fetish they also have a steel plate fetish...

rickie8437
04-03-2007, 10:37
no no that sounds cool cant wait to see pics

rickie8437
04-03-2007, 10:51
ive just found this squade of marines that i got years ago ( i mean years there older than some of you lot)

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/rickie8437/100_0657.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/rickie8437/100_0656.jpg

does any one mind if i use them say i spent 18 pound on the for my buget( not the 9 pound for 30, them good old days)

rick

amstelbier
04-03-2007, 10:55
you gonna use that Techmarine? :p

Ornithoticus
04-03-2007, 11:05
@ rickie, only prob is they,ve got beaky arour, which im fairly sure was,nt around until after the heresy

dave is the best
04-03-2007, 11:10
In my army would you mind if i had experimentall armour in?

Dave

rickie8437
04-03-2007, 11:29
yes i know but mrk 6 was used in the heresy but at the time of the battle on terra

and as they are rouge trader marines i think they fit with what we are doing

and they are just god dam sexy, wish gw still sold them, they were the days

rick

teh_soldier
04-03-2007, 13:59
Has anyone got a tutorial or WIP shots of Khorne Bezerkers to PRe-Heresy Marines?
I'm sure lots of people would find it useful.

On a personal note, I picked up Chaplain Casius today, anyone think of a good way to turn him into Captain Loken?
Im thinking of using the FW Commander Cullun's bare head (got one spare atm).

dave is the best
04-03-2007, 14:22
Me and Teh_soldier were just talking and though how cool it would be for everyone to make there legions primarch, so later on there will be a month when we have a special budget to make one.

Dave

rickie8437
04-03-2007, 15:28
sounds good

but we couldnt use them as rules would be made to write for eash primarch

but id give it ago if i could find a pic of the alpha legions

rick

asmodai_dark86
04-03-2007, 15:53
I was thinking Dave of having something like that near christmas - everyone gets a chunk of cash so it wont batter anyones budget to heavily.

Also, theres armour types in the rules pack - off the top of my head I cant remember which was the last used, but you could get away with mk7... possibly. I dunno I'll start investigating properly and come back with referances.

Ornithoticus
04-03-2007, 16:04
beakie armour was the first type to be released after the heresy, Mk5 and before are all ok

asmodai_dark86
04-03-2007, 16:12
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Pre_Heresy/index.php?showtopic=6

I think we should allow Mk6 for arguements sake. As things are being run slightly differently to events, we can assume that the time between the war and the production of this armour is greater.

That gives you full access to beakie armour - see the following:
http://fr.games-workshop.com/40k/space_marines/articles/armures/index.asp

doghouse
04-03-2007, 18:41
The Legions were in the process of being equiped with the MkIV armour when the Heresy broke out but was quickly replaced with the MkV armour as the Tech marines, being inexperienced with the new armour design, were finding it difficult to replace or even reproduce MkIV parts. This led to the development of the MkV which exclusively used parts from the earlier marks of armour as opposed to the more exotic MkIV parts.
The MkV was a temporary stop gap for the MkVI which was being designed at roughly the same time as the MkV. The Loyalists had access to the MkVI armour first but as the Traitors overran the production facilities they too began to produce the Corvus suits.
So the MkVI Corvus armour is very much mid to late heresy era and not pre-heresy.
Armour variants availability are as follows:

MkI Thunder Pattern Armour - Wars of Unification (Early Pre-Heresy)

MkII Crusade Pattern Armour - Wars of Unification, Conquest of the Terran System (Early Pre-Heresy)

MkIII Iron Pattern Armour - The Great Crusade (Pre-Heresy)

MkIV Maximus Pattern Armour - The Great Crusade/Heresy (Late Pre-heresy/early Heresy)

MkV Heresy Pattern Armour - Horus Heresy (Heresy Era)

MkVI Corvus Pattern Armour - Horus Heresy (Mid Heresy)

MkVII Aquila Pattern Armour - Horus Heresy, Siege of Terra (Late Heresy)

MkVIII Errant Pattern Armour - Post Heresy

So Pre-Heresy armour would be predominantly MkIII during the Great Crusade and MKIV towards the begining of the Heresy. :)
Hope that clears it up. :)

asmodai_dark86
04-03-2007, 18:47
Okay but...

This eventually going to cross into the era of the heresy, so having corvus isnt a problem, and the odd bit of aquillia wouldnt be too frowned upon.

It doesnt matter too much too me, as all my TS are head to foot in robes with only the arms visable for the most part, but it does make it a bit easier for some people

BodhiTree
04-03-2007, 19:23
Yeah, as for my army I don't really have the option to do anything but Mk.VI armour. I went through the trouble of collecting 50 of the helmets already, not to mention making my own.

Mk. IV White Scars though, that would look sweet.

doghouse
04-03-2007, 19:26
Same here mate, I'm pretty easy about what armour is used. :)
People can just say it's a proto-type if they use later model armour. Creating your own variants is possible as well as the campaigning Legions might have to rely on local supplies/materials or even adopt local warrior customs like the Luna Wolves did on Davin. :)

amstelbier
04-03-2007, 19:49
Hmmnnn, some Iron Hands custom armour is a beckoning.

rickie8437
04-03-2007, 20:33
sounds good to me

Jericho
04-03-2007, 21:19
Hrm, so after reading the official rules and doing a bit more serious thinking about the next couple of months, I don't think I'll be able to commit to this grand project after all. Meeting up in June is too early for me I think, I won't have gotten paid from my summer job yet at that point, and I already have a couple grand debt (not quite the starving student yet, but getting there) to pay off.

And of course I'm painting 3 other armies at the moment, can't forget about them :D 4 if you count Deathwing and Ravenwing separately...

Anyway the fire burns within me to have 1000 points or so of Pre-Heresy Marines at some point in the next couple years, but I don't think it'll be this year after all. I'll follow your progress and offer what help I can with converting and painting (having Ravenguard has given me some experience with Mk4 and Mk5 armor conversions).

Good luck, I'll be with you in spirit every time someone yells "For the Emperor!" :D

teh_soldier
04-03-2007, 21:32
So that unfortunately means Jericho's place is now open again.
Hope to see you come over at some point mate, Carnage Events are always good, you'll love em.
Keep an eye on these threads so you can give us advice and such.

Also, as everyone's likely to be doing some form of custom armour, every army is going to look even more unique :D

EDIT: So yeah, anyone have any ideas on how to pimp out Chaplain Casius into a Commander (specifically Loken) I'm probably going to use Commander Cullun's bare head, but i need a hot sword to use as a Master-Crafter Power Sword. Any ideas?

Jericho
04-03-2007, 21:43
I'm really looking forward to seeing how everybody tackles this challenge. There's a ton of options, I've tried several myself with varying degrees of success (simply carving MkVI plastics into MkIV plastics was insanely hard... then like a month later they release plastic MkIV bits in the Templar sprues!) so I know how many ways you can try and achieve the same look.

Like I said earlier, I've wanted to go to the UK for ages now and so maybe with a bit of luck I'll be able to escape for a few days or maybe even a week in the next year. If I can swing it, I'll be sure to try and arrange something with you guys to see how things are coming along. Maybe even get a few games in since at least one army will be making the trip with me I'm sure!

EmperorsChamp01
04-03-2007, 22:13
Ok heres my bits that im going to order.
All these are from BWB and they are in USD

20 Round Bases:2.50
Caped Scout Torsos:4.00
Sniper scout Legs:9.00
Sniper Rifles and arms:5.00
Plastic Heavybolter (tac) 6.00
Power weapon:1.50
Missle Launcher:5.50
Scout Heavybolter:3.50
Scout shotguns: 3.00
Scout Left arms:1.50
Scout Bodies:2.50
2 pairs of scout legs:3.00
10 SM legs :15.00
10 SM torsos:10.00
6 scout heads:4.00

Total: 35.23 gbp

Im a little over... I hope thats ok. Ill probabally be ordering the stuff here soon.

asmodai_dark86
04-03-2007, 22:51
If its 35 pounds you've spent then your under by a fiver...

EmperorsChamp01
04-03-2007, 23:00
ok then. I was just wondering..... But if you said that its kool then great.

SamaNagol
05-03-2007, 01:42
If I see any beaks or aquillas i will be most disappointed.

I also STRONGLY disagree with the exclusion of Land Speeders. There were numerous illustrations of them in the HH artwork

doghouse
05-03-2007, 02:27
Just read through the rules and have a few suggestions as I have a bit of insight being a bit of a Heresy buff. :)

First off, assault cannons. Dreadnoughts were originally used as testbed weapons platforms for terminator weapons. So assault cannons would still be viable on vehicles but not on terminators as were Multi-meltas and Plasma Cannons.
Dreadnoughts were common place so wouldn't need to be 0-1, also Venerable dreads would also be an option.
You'd be better off using Chapter Traits to represent the Legions and not allowing vehicles like the Razorback or Landraider Crusader for example.
Landspeeders were common as well, even the Imperial Army had access to them. :)

BodhiTree
05-03-2007, 02:55
I don't really understand the huge issue with Mk.VI. Maybe they're not in the artbooks, I wouldn't know, I don't have them yet - but the IA articles clearly show Pre-Heresy Raven Guard, White Scars, Emperor's Children, Night Lords, Ultramarines, Alpha Legion, Dark Angels, Space Wolves, Blood Angels, and Word Bearers wearing Mk.VI helmets, sometimes in full Mk.VI plate, but some with variations from previous versions. I know GW doesn't mind revising the background it creates, but I don't think it's such a big deal to work with what I've seen, God only knows when GW will revise it again.

asmodai_dark86
05-03-2007, 03:33
Samanagol - Landspeeders arent excluded. The tornado is exclusive to certain chapters with good reason. And the Typhoon didnt exist so...
And as for the aquillas - only the emperors children could wear it.

Doghouse -
Assault Cannons - this is a fierce bit of contention, and one thats easily dealt with. By having a limit. You'll also notice that the limit does not include dreads. So in practice you could have one termie with an assault cannon and one dread with assault cannon. They werent in wide use, but they were in use. Plus it can always assumed to be an autocannon (as proxy)

Melta weapons - I've made these Salamanders only for a few reasons.
1) Salamanders do that kind of thing. They like fire.
2) It fits there tactics
3) Barring deciding the equipment of every marine that can pick from the armour, which is something I wouldnt do, its one of the few things to make them unique.

Dreads and Venerables - If only the chapters heros get put in dreads, and this is the start of the heresy where marines are running rampant, then theres simply no room for dozens of dreads. Even if there were the same amount as are in storage for some of the first founding chapters now, the legions were massive so they'd be well spread. The reason for no venerables is simple - venerable to mean means ancient. Bjorn the fell-handed of the space wolves is a venerable dread. He's been kicking around a few millenia. The dreads of the pre-heresy havent, its that simple.

I know some of the restrictions seem odd at first, but...
- If meltas were a ready option, would flammers or heavy bolters be used knowing your likely to face marines? I know a lot of people involved in this project aren't doing anything beardy, but theres always one who'll be tempted to kit every model for marine hunting.
- Sniper rifles seem an odd thing to restrict, but suits the Alpha Legions style. requiring a unit of assault marines of blood angels might seem annoying, but fits in in with the whole sanguinous(sp?) thing.
- The restrictions arent there forever, and will evolve. The dreadnought limit will be lifted in time, Tornados will open up. I just wanted to encourage people to build armies that reflect there legion
- Traits are something thats open to interpretation, plus the legions are huge and your section might differ slightly to the regular (my army is going to include a captain for example, rather then two librarians)
- I want story lines to be reflected in the list. If for example, the thousand sons get told of for sorcery by everyone involved, they might turn towards faith and have to include a chaplian if they include a librarian. Or perhaps the word bearers will need to include more assault troops, representing them stepping up there campaign, or the world eaters... etc etc etc

Sorry doghouse if it seems like I'm having a go, but yeh a few people have pointed out things like I havent thought them through... When I have

Arch-Traitor Horus
05-03-2007, 04:24
If I see any beaks or aquillas i will be most disappointed.

I also STRONGLY disagree with the exclusion of Land Speeders. There were numerous illustrations of them in the HH artwork

I will only use a beaky when i have run out of MkIV armour i have 30 n i plan for 39 marines either that or normal Space marine head with a plasticcard grill

rickie8437
05-03-2007, 07:27
jerico has left us and the world eater are free does any one mine if i change legions as i perfer close assault armys than say an army like the alpha legion

if some one minds i will stick with the alpha leghion and let some one else do the world eaters but i would like to try them as i have found some cool idears for what todo for them

rick

Arch-Traitor Horus
05-03-2007, 08:00
i thought jerhico had ultras? if u do deside to take world eaters ill do the alpha legion
· Alpha legion - rickie8437
· Blood Angles - shaw3029
· Dark angles - evil Homer
· Deathguard – Ornithorticus
· Emperor's Children -meneptah
· Imperial fist - dave is the best
· Iron warriors - EmperorsChampion01
· Iron Hands are still untaken
· Luna wolves - teh_siolder
· Night Lords - doghouse
· Raven guard - bodhitree
· Salamaders - arch traitor hours
· Space wolves – weregerbil
· Thousand Sons - asmodai_dark86
· White Scars – sarabando
· Word Bearers - cyphertheory
· World Eaters- SamaNagol
· Ultramarines - Jericho?
that was the last list however someone has iron hands

SamaNagol
05-03-2007, 08:05
I'm already doing the WE.

When you say Tornado, I am talking about the Assault Cannon/Heavy Bolter rig. These are repeatedly shown in the HH artwork. And while it isn't necessarily canon, the proliferation of these appearing in the artwork would indicate they are considered as being around.

I have a big big issue with beakies being in an PRE-Heresy army. There is no way it should happen. technically there shouldn't be any Mk V in a PRE-heresy army either, but you could get away with it.

I have a big issue with beakies being in any Heresy army which wasn't present at the siege of terra on earth at all. You really are talking about the very end of the heresy before VI was brought in to use, and even then it was only those legions in and around Mars/Terra that would have had access to it.

Melta weapons were around a lot, however multi meltas were almost exclusively weapon mounted. Plasma I believe has been ret-conned into being available more during the Heresy than now, however in 2nd Ed they had the whole Mk I and Mk II Plasma weaponry situation where they were considerably different.

The IA articles show examples of schemes, they aren't necessarily truthful representations of actual armour worn during the Heresy.

I think we should discuss what is and isn't acceptable, and if you can't afford to stay within the imagery then maybe you might not be suited to this project?

Also, will we be including some helpful tips for converting up older marks of armour? Like changing over kneepads to represent Mk IV armour to go with those funky Red Scorpions bits I am sure lots of us have? Perhaps even how to make a neat stud making tool out of a toothbrush handle? How to convert Mk VII helmets into Mk III using only a pair of clippers and some green stuff for those on a budget.....

That stuff proved REALLY useful to me, so if anyone wants any assistance feel free to ask.

Arch-Traitor Horus
05-03-2007, 08:10
k Rickie do u want ultras cause if you dont want them ill take them after a while seeing if no1 will take them?

also on the topic of MkIII i saw it done with little plasticard mouth cover gill things and looked ok IMHO

rickie8437
05-03-2007, 08:12
do you have the rules pack so i can see what they have and dont have

rickie8437
05-03-2007, 08:13
are you not doing the salamanders or you going to do both of them

Arch-Traitor Horus
05-03-2007, 08:15
both thats y i was gonna wait and see if anyone else wanted them

Arch-Traitor Horus
05-03-2007, 08:18
The following are all restricted choices, and only available to those Legions as indicated below;
Master of Sanctity
Epistolarys
Company Champions
Land Speeder Tornados
Vindicators
Gun servitors
Librarian Familiars
Holy Relics
Venerable Dreadnoughts
Melta weapons
Sniper Rifles
Terminator command squad
Terminator assault squad
Castellan missiles (for the whirlwind)

1 assault cannon

- Ultramarines
May take an Ultramarines honour guard at the points cost listed, or a second terminator squad. They can also take assault terminators.

How ever i dont think ultras should have 0-1 because the legion was that bloody big even horus was scared of them with his allies

rickie8437
05-03-2007, 08:18
no no its ok ultras dont do it for me, to googie goodie

justs wondered if you didnt want to the salam thats all

Arch-Traitor Horus
05-03-2007, 08:24
nah i love my salies 2 much to let them go:D

rickie8437
05-03-2007, 08:36
thats ok do you want the alpha legion ?

as i will do the smurfs

just been looking in the artbooks and some real nice pics of them in there plus i like the houner guard models?

that is if your intrested in the aplhas

Arch-Traitor Horus
05-03-2007, 08:40
alphas look cool but dont really fit in my plan 4 the army lol

rickie8437
05-03-2007, 08:46
ok i will stick with the alpha legion if you have your eye on the ultrsmurfs

Arch-Traitor Horus
05-03-2007, 08:50
nah have what ever you want I'm fine with 1 army doing the other legion in my own project log thread

rickie8437
05-03-2007, 08:54
ok then i will take the ultasmurfs and leave the alpha legion to some one else

rick

Arch-Traitor Horus
05-03-2007, 08:56
sweet all is almost in place 1 more gamer needed unless someone in the 17 of use step's up n takes them

Arch-Traitor Horus
05-03-2007, 08:58
SO the Legions commanders
· Alpha legion -FREE!!!!!!!!!!
· Blood Angles - shaw3029
· Dark angles - evil Homer
· Deathguard – Ornithorticus
· Emperor's Children -meneptah
· Imperial fist - dave is the best
· Iron warriors - EmperorsChampion01
· Iron Hands are still untaken
· Luna wolves - teh_siolder
· Night Lords - doghouse
· Raven guard - bodhitree
· Salamaders - arch traitor hours
· Space wolves – weregerbil
· Thousand Sons - asmodai_dark86
· White Scars – sarabando
· Word Bearers - cyphertheory
· World Eaters- SamaNagol
· Ultramarines - rickie8437

rickie8437
05-03-2007, 09:09
just looking at my commander he has more of a ultramarine feel to him than a sneaky alpha legion

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/rickie8437/100_0652.jpg

there a few things i need to green stuff to him like a um badge and more purity seals but apart from that hes cool

pililuk
05-03-2007, 10:12
That is lovely If only i has the cash ide join in this project on the remaining alpha legion but i may Start as soon as i get some cash and get some stuff ready for a meet.

rickie8437
05-03-2007, 10:19
all you neea charector model done by the 2 april so just work on if your buget is not so big you dont have to spend the full amount

rick

Arch-Traitor Horus
05-03-2007, 10:20
also guys might be late on First month Due to FW delivery overseas etc i might have them assembled and partly painted

rickie8437
05-03-2007, 10:23
thats ok i have him and a squad done but im going to do loads more on him

but try to have him painted by the end of month

rick

doghouse
05-03-2007, 10:41
Sorry doghouse if it seems like I'm having a go, but yeh a few people have pointed out things like I havent thought them through... When I have

Don't worry about it mate, I never take offence at a healthy debate.
You're just trying to get your point across. ;) :)

I can see where you're coming form but I still have to disagree with the dreads issue. Venerable dreads are old but it wouldn't have to be millenia old to be classed as venerable. And remember Dreadnoughts weren't originally used solely for great heroes as they are now because they were common place.
Like I say I can see where you're going with all this but the restrictions seem a bit unneccessary imo. :)

rickie8437
05-03-2007, 11:47
i agree with you doghouse

why is that smurfs get assault termis but not the world eaters and the blood angles
stuff like that
most legions had the same, just some perfered to fight in serten ways

rick

EmperorsChamp01
05-03-2007, 12:46
well i ordered my Combat Patrol today so im going to expect it in like 2 weeks. So ill keep you posted.

Angel Robertson
05-03-2007, 12:55
Does anyone have some good reference for PH alpha and iron hands?? I would like to take a look and see if i can be swayed into this!

AR

amstelbier
05-03-2007, 13:19
Im Iron Hands :)

rickie8437
05-03-2007, 13:30
the alpha legion are free

do you have any of the index atartes as they are in number 4

asmodai_dark86
05-03-2007, 15:41
Gah I go away and all goes to anarchy!

Ultramarines - There huge, so when they put terminators into production it becomes like the tanks in russia during world war two; they likely have more terminator suits then veterans to fill them... hence why there terminators have access to all the wargear they could want when others dont. World eaters and blood angels do have access to assault terminators as far as i can remember having just woken up, and if they dont I will adjust accordingly as thats all the only terminators they should have for now.

Samanagol - Not be be funny, but to me it seems like you havent read through this thread at all. The armour thing has been discussed and dealt with, so its done. If you're not happy with that, then maybe you should not be part of this project. Meltas again have been restricted cause I cant give Salamanders a distinct character any other way. And you will get melta guns eventually - but as stated three times already, if I was fighting another marine player, I'd take as many multimeltas as possible, and that takes the fun out.

Kit and options that seem odd -
Right, the last time I'm going to say this. Things wont be restricted forever. There in place so people build armies that are reflective of there legion. Please see my rant a page or two ago for clarification.
And Arch-traitor horus, you have access to multimeltas at the moment, giving you a distinct advantage at the moment.
The idea was that armies would reflect there legions, with choices both benefitting and hindering people when it comes to tournament play. At the moment everyones gearing there legions to fight each other, but out in your regular games you'll find that you struggle to fight against some armies, and you'll learn to deal with them without relying on melta weapons etc. Its basically encouraging a different style of play till the point where when the rules come off completely (they wont, but they'll ease off considerably) you simply wont be that bothered.

Right, this switching legions stuff has got me baffled and confused, so the following rules are now in effect:
If you want to change legions, run it through me so I can keep things properly updated. Discuss it with the person you wish to change with outside of this thread, and then both PM me and I'll update the list accordingly.

Also, as mentioned before, its one legion per player. If theres a legion free then GREAT. It means when someone pops along wanting to get involved we can point him to that legion.

Blood Angles - shaw3029
Dark angles - evil Homer
Deathguard – Ornithorticus
Emperor's Children -meneptah
Imperial fist - dave is the best
Luna wolves - teh_siolder
Night Lords - doghouse
Raven guard - bodhitree
Salamaders - arch traitor hours
Space wolves – weregerbil
Thousand Sons - asmodai_dark86
White Scars – sarabando
Word Bearers - cyphertheory
World Eaters- SamaNagol
Ultramarines - rickie8437

That leaves Iron Hands and Alpha Legion

rickie8437
05-03-2007, 16:16
oklooks good but you dont have to shout

i was just under the imperishion that the adp mech made the armour not the marines them self, as the ultramarines havent taken control of the hole secter yet

rick

dave is the best
05-03-2007, 16:28
Gah I go away and all goes to anarchy!

Right, this switching legions stuff has got me baffled and confused, so the following rules are now in effect:
[B]If you want to change legions, run it through me so I can keep things properly updated. Discuss it with the person you wish to change with outside of this thread, and then both PM me and I'll update the list accordingly.

Thanks for all the help but i thought i was incharge!;)

Rick asked me if he could change legions and i said yes. I like having your help but i think me and you should talk before you put major things up.

Thanks again for all your help

dave

asmodai_dark86
05-03-2007, 16:53
Ive sent you a PM with my email address.

Oh and once I've spoken to dave I'll see about getting the rules out to people properly as I can PM - it'll likely be a journal or something on livejournal

dave is the best
05-03-2007, 17:46
Ok seeing as alot of people dont like the rules i will edit them.

hope this makes the project more fun.

Dave

dave is the best
05-03-2007, 18:24
the rules are just for the combat patrols after that the restrictions will be lifted because we are playing a narrative campian.

DAve

amstelbier
05-03-2007, 18:41
you missed me off that list again :(

I said I was doing Iron Hands about 2 pages ago... :(

dave is the best
05-03-2007, 18:49
Blood Angles - shaw3029
Dark angles - evil Homer
Night Lords - doghouse not doing it anymore.
Raven guard - bodhitree
White Scars – sarabando
World Eaters- SamaNagol
iron hands-amstelbier

teh_soldier
05-03-2007, 19:38
Right, so that means all the restrictions that were in place in the rules pack only applies for the Combat Patrol? That seems really pointless, unless I've missed the point?

asmodai_dark86
05-03-2007, 19:48
Daves gona update his post to say some rather then all, but if people really dont like it then thats fair enough but ill be bowing out.

People dont seem to like it, but I havent created them randomly or pointlessly, or to be malicious towards any of the legions. Its just what made sense to me. Plus if I said what restrictions I was intending to lift then what would be the point...

rickie8437
05-03-2007, 20:20
ok so we make our legions using the system, ok sound like a plan, why doghouse not doing this anymore.

rick

BodhiTree
05-03-2007, 20:35
Apologies to all this inconveniences, I need to remove myself from this project for various reasons. The Raven Guard are open to any who would like to attempt them. Dave has been PMed.

- Vee

rickie8437
05-03-2007, 20:39
my god we are dropping like flys

nnnoooooooooooooooooo

rick

rickie8437
05-03-2007, 20:41
Blood Angles - shaw3029
Dark angles - evil Homer
Night Lords - FREE
Raven guard - FREE
White Scars – sarabando
World Eaters- SamaNagol
iron hands-amstelbier
alpha legion - FREE

theres an up date whats taken and whats free

asmodai_dark86
05-03-2007, 20:44
And out I go too.

Sorry guys, but I dunno it doesnt feel like a project I can be involved with in a way that'll work - I can see marine killing armies at the end of this sadly.

Good luck guys, and feel free to use/disgard my rules as you like.

rickie8437
05-03-2007, 20:49
Blood Angles - shaw3029
Dark angles - evil Homer
Night Lords - FREE
Raven guard - FREE
Thousand Sons - FREE
White Scars – sarabando
World Eaters- SamaNagol
iron hands-amstelbier
alpha legion - FREE

OK THATS ALL UPDATED four legions free

rules if anyone has a plan or an idea then pm dave or my self, also use the chapter traits for your combat patrol and 1500pt armies and remember we plan to meet up and play against each other so if you go for an all out marine killing army fine but lets try to make this as close to the fluff as we can, at the end of the day its your money and time going into your army so if your like me and love the heresy story and want to do it justice then make your army as close to the fluff as the 4th ed codex and rules let use.

thanks rick

Aflo
05-03-2007, 21:10
Hi all
I've sent Dave a Pm concerning the thousand sons. If I decide to join, it is likely that I may be more of a tagger-alonger rather than a coordinater as I am much more of a modeller than a gamer. Until this point I've only played fantasy (the man's table top game ;) ) so if anyone could point me to any good sources of pre-heresy info - especially regarding Magnus and his boyz I would be most grateful.
Regards
Aflo (Adam)