PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Warhound Titans and Modelling

scrubout
28-02-2007, 15:00
So I have a pair of resin FW Warhounds, they are painted in an ungodly clumpy snow camo scheme from when I was 12...2 questions I need help with!:

1) How do you strip resin?
2) Anyone know any links to Titan Legion iconography/color guides?

Any help is much obliged.

-peace out
scrubout:skull:

nealhunt
28-02-2007, 15:19
I put together a consolidated list of all the titan legions from official GW pubs with color schemes and emblems a couple years ago. It's available at Tactical Command or the Yahoo Epic_A group or you can email me directly. No pics in the doc, but to be honest much of the older stuff needed more well-done graphics so it's not a huge loss.

Aside from the official emblems, titans are emblazoned with the normal assortment of Imperial (English Gothic) kinds of iconography - banners, kill markers, etc. - that leave a wide latitude for personal taste.

===

I have no clue on stripping resin off the top of my head but there is a long, pinned thread at Tactical Command about stripping minis. I would assume that resin is addressed in there at some point.

Axel
28-02-2007, 17:06
>How do you strip resin?

I have not found anything that worked, considering that "Resin" can mean a lot of actual materials.
As long as its not too much, I leave the old paint on. Where its too thick, I use a surgical knife and lots of care - when its worth it. For micro-detailed models a la Forgeworld this will probably not work. If you find a way to strip it effectively, please let us know.

scrubout
28-02-2007, 17:20
*grumbling* I'm gonna make a thread in MP&T then. Join me if you care to. :p

*EDIT*: Had a look at the stickied FAQ regarding paint stripping, here: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4952 I'm gonna see if I can't use some Lacquer Thinner around the house, I'll keep you guys posted on results when I eventually get around to it.

Thanks for the help nealhunt and Axel, I know how to get to tactical command so I'll have a go around there for it.

-peace out

orangesm
01-03-2007, 01:39
Ha ha - you have bug! The Epic Bug

scrubout
01-03-2007, 03:13
I had the bug since seeing your awesome army, now I want to find time to gather a small titan legion while I gather proper funding for a proper IG force emulating my 40k IG. Very proper I do declare. ;)

-peace out

Chaos and Evil
02-03-2007, 09:16
FW resin strips nicely if you put it in DOT.4 BRAKE FLUID for 24 hours or so.

I've done it many times this way.

scrubout
02-03-2007, 16:31
Thank you Chaos and Evil.

The "twins" have both been sitting in water and dish soap for about 16 hours now, because I didn't remove the resin release agent, I might be able to work most of it off by hand.

If I can't make any progress than I'll try the brake fluid.

-peace out