PDA

View Full Version : 266 Squadron, Imperial Navy (Ultima Segmentum)

Gen.Steiner
17-03-2007, 22:10
Well, following on from my pictures of Thunderbolts, a list:

'A' Flight:

Black 1 - Flight-Major Biggs: Thunderbolt (20)
Black 2 - Thunderbolt, weapons fit 4 (24)
Black 3 - Thunderbolt, weapons fit 4 (24)
Black 4 - Thunderbolt, weapons fit 4 (24)

'B' Flight:

Black 5 - Thunderbolt, weapons fit 4 (24)
Black 6 - Thunderbolt, weapons fit 4 (24)
Black 7 - Thunderbolt, weapons fit 4 (24)
Black 8 - Thunderbolt, weapons fit 4 (24)

'C' Flight:

Black 9 - Thunderbolt, weapons fit 4 (24)
Black 10 - Thunderbolt, weapons fit 4 (24)
Black 11 - Thunderbolt, weapons fit 4 (24)
Black 12 - Thunderbolt, weapons fit 4 (24)

Yep, it's hideously cookie-cutter, and will probably never all take to the air at once, but the idea of 12 T-bolts almost all packing Skyscream air-to-air missiles was too good to pass up. :D Comes to 284 points and will be joined by a flight of Marauders as well eventually.

They will be flying mostly against Orks 'cause I can't resist the ace GW Fighta-bommaz for much longer...

PS: Diggs, I'm working on your 'planes right now. :)

Colonel_Kreitz
20-03-2007, 08:17
Not the most variety in the world, I'll admit, but hey, it's an Imperial fighter wing. One wouldn't expect tremendous variety anyhow.

Ever consider attaching some Lightnings and Valkyries (or maybe even some Vultures) as part of a Combat Search and Rescue package? I was reading about CSAR operations and pararescue jumpers today, so I was inspired. Might be an interesting addition to the unit, and you could have them cross-attached from another wing...

Gen.Steiner
20-03-2007, 11:40
I was thinking of giving 'C' flight Lightnings but I'm a bit limited in that all my T-Bolts so far are GW ones... so 266 will have to struggle on with Thunderbolts and the odd Marauder.

Vult/Valks will make an appearance, however. Eventually.