PDA

View Full Version : Sounds like a good show

Nid
07-04-2005, 03:52
Found out Shadows Fall, Lamb of God, and Slipknot are all playing a show next tuesday about 25 minutes from where I live. Sounds interesting, there will be a huge pit area. I've been considering to go....but $30 for tickets could buy me enough vodka to last a few weeks....or could get me an eigth from my friends....but I think I'll go.

Anyone hear of Lamb of God? I know *of* them, but haven't really heard anything by them.

VanHel
07-04-2005, 04:02
Nid, thats gonna be an awesome show. And a steal at $30.

Shuya
07-04-2005, 05:01
go for the eigth and play the bands on ur cd player wherever, in my opinion, im not a concert person,

but have fun anyway

Wolflord Bloodangel
07-04-2005, 06:39
Definately worth going! I paid about $40 for the Shadows Fall gig here a month or two ago, and it was WELL worth it, excellent gig. And I saw Slipknot a month earlier and they were ridiculously good too. Two bands well worth shelling out for. Lamb of God: Ive got one track off a compilation and its alright, so they wouldnt hurt to see...

Jimbob_Jenkins
07-04-2005, 09:53
Found out Shadows Fall, Lamb of God, and Slipknot are all playing a show next tuesday about 25 minutes from where I live. Sounds interesting, there will be a huge pit area. I've been considering to go....but $30 for tickets could buy me enough vodka to last a few weeks....or could get me an eigth from my friends....but I think I'll go.

Anyone hear of Lamb of God? I know *of* them, but haven't really heard anything by them.

Lamb of God are awesome live defiantly worth it just for them
I haven't seen shadows fall live but they sound good and be prepared to suffer a wave of little kids for slipknot :p
Just think of it as $10 per band

Hercco
07-04-2005, 10:14
I was going to say that Lamb of God is probably weakest of them but come to think about it they're probably great live.

Shadows Fall are a great band and Slipknot works always live.

If you ask me, spending your money on good show instead of vodka is always a good call.

MVA
07-04-2005, 10:26

Lamb of God are f'n good.

The best thing to do would be to just go see them then make up your mind (or download a couple of tracks as well).

Sojourner
07-04-2005, 11:15
Look up the Download festival, Donnington, UK. I'm going. That is all.

*basks in superiority*

redemptionist15
07-04-2005, 15:36
Beer or Weed cannot match a good live band. You can get drunk/stoned any day of the week, the chance to see a band live doesnt come along that often.

Riddy
07-04-2005, 16:12
Yea niddy, go to that show, i have seen Slipkot live twice now and all i can say is its a ********** awesome show (just watch your nose if they play Jump the **** up ;) )

Oh and i am also going to Download, plus i am going to see system of a down 3 days beforehand, so i reckon i can bask more that Sojo :p

Inflammable
07-04-2005, 19:22
I recommend that you don't go, but then again I listen to punk and not metal(or whatever it is)

Sojourner
07-04-2005, 19:37
Boo. Hiss.

Is there not room for both?

Inflammable
07-04-2005, 20:32
Nah, I never really liked metal at all.

Ass Goblin
07-04-2005, 21:37
If your in the Lamb Of God pit make sure your not in the 'Wall of Death' it will hurt. Badly. But doesn't sound like a bad concert at all. I really want to go to Wacken but money won't allow it :(

New Cult King
08-04-2005, 07:23
Slipknot do an awesome live show, and from what I have heard of Lamb of God, they are brutal but melodic... ie good.

I say do it man, that's cheap as hell. $30 US is like $45 AU and to see Slipknot alone it cost like $75 AU. Bargain, I say. And yeah, if they do that Jump The ******* Up in Spit It Out, be careful...

Nid
09-04-2005, 06:52
The ticket has been aquired and the necessities purchased.

Leather and steel toe, mmmm.... :cool:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/tyranid05/002403.jpg

I've got yet *another* ingrown toenail, so I decided to splurge on the steel toes i so rightfully deserve.

5upr3m3 h4xx0rz
09-04-2005, 16:08
Dude now all you gotta do is get a vader mask, tight black jeans, and a black cape and your set to fit in with all the ****ed up kids that go to those shows. You know what i mean....the cutters and te goths, etc.

Nid
09-04-2005, 17:23
I take offence to both of those comments, cutters and goths that is. The Vader thing I'll let slide because I kind of like it :D

But seriously, the only "f-ed up" people I see are people who aren't tolerant of others, who judge based on looks or music or stuff. Except for Chavs, they can burn in hell :p

5upr3m3 h4xx0rz
09-04-2005, 17:35
The only looks i judge are the guys who wear black make-up and lots of chains and all black clothes and people who have lots of cuts on their arms. Those are people i dont want to hang around with, but yet i do have some friends who are hard rockers, slipknot fans, and the like.

I have no clue what the hell a chav is so....yeah.

redemptionist15
09-04-2005, 20:29
Oh and i am also going to Download, plus i am going to see system of a down 3 days beforehand, so i reckon i can bask more that Sojo

Damn right, although im doing it slightly differently, going to Download (if tickets don't sell out, can't afford it till next week) and then watching System 2 days afterwards!