PDA

View Full Version : 1500pt Siegemasters Vs BloodAngels

StugMeister
24-03-2007, 19:03
Had a 1500pt game today with my Siegemasters.

Its amazing the amount you can field!! I had four Infantry Companies, two arty batteries, Rough Riders, Siegefrieds, Ragnoraks and enough points spare to fit in three rapier laser destroyers!

Against this my opponent (BlackRabbit33) had two Tactical Dets, Whirlwinds, Land Raiders and a Thunderhawk.A much smaller force, but capable of giving and taking a lot of punishment!

The battle was great, with my dudes pretty much swamping the battlefield.

The Blood Angels valiantly tried to hold the objectives, but against such numbers they had to withdraw.

My most valuable formations were the artillery and Rough Riders - the arty works well hitting the enemy from afar and the RR's were great in working their way up the flank - almost charging the Whirlwinds.

I think my opponents' favourite detachments were his Whirlwinds and Land Raiders - the WW's pu down murderous fire upon my fleshy troops and the LR's are more than capable of KO'ing Ragnoraks.

I LOVE EPIC!!!:cool: :D

firestorm40k
25-03-2007, 13:39
Cheers for the battle rep, Stug! :) :cool:

I've been wondering how your Siegemasters are coming along, haven't seen any pics of them for a while... hope you're managing to get on with some more amazing converstions!

StugMeister
25-03-2007, 15:29
Cheers for the battle rep, Stug! :) :cool:

I've been wondering how your Siegemasters are coming along, haven't seen any pics of them for a while... hope you're managing to get on with some more amazing converstions!

Sorry for no photos but I didn't take my camera along.:rolleyes:

The Siegemasters are still the same, I've not touched them!:(
Something to do with being lazy/busy.

This was my first game since last year and it was great fun.

Blackrabbit33
08-05-2007, 12:49
Sorry for no photos but I didn't take my camera along.:rolleyes:

The Siegemasters are still the same, I've not touched them!:(
Something to do with being lazy/busy.

This was my first game since last year and it was great fun.

yes that was a good battle and i look forward to the next with pics this time

StugMeister
08-05-2007, 22:30
yes that was a good battle and i look forward to the next with pics this time

Indeed it was. We really must arrange another one mate.

Brother Glacius
17-05-2007, 20:47
***** What models are you using for siegemasters? The "new" ones GW released? I'd love to fill a few gaps in my army, but the $$$ of epic from GW is just insane.

***** Brother G.

StugMeister
17-05-2007, 21:45
***** What models are you using for siegemasters? The "new" ones GW released? I'd love to fill a few gaps in my army, but the $$$ of epic from GW is just insane.

***** Brother G.

The Infantry are just bog-standard Imperial Guard plastics. The Siegfrieds and Ragnoraks are the standard minis as well as the StormHammers, Bombards and Rough Riders.

The arty and anti-aircraft guns are all scratch-built.

And yes - the new metal Siegemaster infantry cost a bomb!!!

Blackrabbit33
29-02-2008, 12:52
are u ready for the next battle

StugMeister
29-02-2008, 22:57
are u ready for the next battle

Indeed I am sir.

The camera is charged, ready for the next battle report! :cool:

Blackrabbit33
01-03-2008, 07:57
my orks are getting into position

Chaos and Evil
01-03-2008, 10:06
*Orders an orbital bombardment of the entire battlefield, therefore wiping out both armies*

T-hawk
19-03-2008, 02:36
I agree that the Siegemaster list is one sweet army!!! Having just won the "National Tournament" in Memphis, I was able to show how effective they are. I see that the points for regiments have changed in the "new" rules for Epic. What's up with this change?.....

Chaos and Evil
19-03-2008, 11:49
What's up with this change?

Siegemasters have gone up in cost, because they were simply the best army in all of Epic.

Hena
19-03-2008, 12:55
I agree that the Siegemaster list is one sweet army!!! Having just won the "National Tournament" in Memphis, I was able to show how effective they are. I see that the points for regiments have changed in the "new" rules for Epic. What's up with this change?.....
This army is an example, why it needs to change.

http://www.tacticalwargames.net/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST&f=10&t=9067&st=#entry196280

T-hawk
19-03-2008, 13:17
Keep in mind that the list I use is VERY limited in mobility. Thus, running out and getting objectives is difficult to say the least. The garrison rule is one of the reasons why they are able to win like they do. Concentraing firepower on the largest/most expensive or BTS formation and contesting objectives is about the best you can do. As for the blitz objective - forget about it!