PDA

View Full Version : OOP Inquisitor

Krog Ironclaw
29-03-2007, 04:21
I won an out of production Inquisitor today on eBay. I've searched for awhile and have not been able to find a picture of it anywhere other than the auction. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=009&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=190094988204&rd=1&rd=1

I'm trying to find a painted example of this model. As I can't tell much about it from the auction pictures (all the pewter is blending together). And examples of anyother Inquisiters from that era. Any help would be appreciatted.

And to the Inquisition, I have no idea if this is the proper forum for this, so I apologize if it isnt.

OrlyggJafnakol
29-03-2007, 07:31
I recall seeing this figure in a white dwarf in the 80s, issue 114 or something, I am pretty sure that the power armour was painted green. BAck in those days, new miniatures were always shown unpainted at the back of the mag, you have to search through the 'Eavy metal sections for colour schemes.

IncubiLord
29-03-2007, 07:42
I'm trying to find a painted example of this model. As I can't tell much about it from the auction pictures (all the pewter is blending together). And examples of anyother Inquisiters from that era. Any help would be appreciatted.
That guy is at least as early as 2ed.

I think my little brother owned one (or was it me)...

I can find a catalogue for 1996 that doesn't include him, and a catalogue without a year on the cover that was copyright 1993 which has a pic of him with black ink in the manner that they normally depict a lead in their catalogues - not really much help.

So, it's been OOP for over a decade and was in production at least as early as '93. Hope that helps.

Hulkster
29-03-2007, 07:48
I am sure he is a RT inquisitor

sorry I cant help much more than that

OrlyggJafnakol
29-03-2007, 08:26
He is definately a rogue trader inquisitor, and here is a link to the stuff of legends site. As I said, he was released in 1989 with several other inquisitor models.

http://www.solegends.com/citcat89autumn/c89aut-072117-1-03.htm

chromedog
29-03-2007, 11:17
Krog Ironclaw: So which Inq model is it. The ebay link is dead. and if it is shown on the Solegends page, which one is it? There were at least two more not shown on that page (I have them), though, so can you otherwise describe it?

Either way, yes, it dates back to RT, and there may be an old heavy metal page showing them around somewhere.

don_mondo
29-03-2007, 11:28
He got the chainsword /pistol one, top left on SOL. Ebay link worked fine for me. I've done up the one I have with white power armor, gold trim. Looks pretty good IMO.

chromedog
29-03-2007, 12:23
Ah, thanks for that. I clicked the link and got the usual "bidding has closed, it's gone, go away" kinda ebay response.
(bidding has ended... then nada, zip, the big fat goose-egg.)
Could just be that I'm in Oz, and ebay is like that sometimes - somedays you just can't get onto the site before your browser times out.
No, my two ancients pre-date that set. One came blistered with a figure only known as 'assassin', looking like a proto-callidus.

don_mondo
29-03-2007, 13:39
Ah, thanks for that. I clicked the link and got the usual "bidding has closed, it's gone, go away" kinda ebay response.
(bidding has ended... then nada, zip, the big fat goose-egg.)
Could just be that I'm in Oz, and ebay is like that sometimes - somedays you just can't get onto the site before your browser times out.
No, my two ancients pre-date that set. One came blistered with a figure only known as 'assassin', looking like a proto-callidus.

Yep, that's the same assassin I use as a Callidus in my RT-era IG army (13th Arkiv'l), get it, Archival..... I usually use the middle Ordo Malleus Inquisitor as my DH Inq. Interesting that there are actually three Inq on the SoL page that I don't have. Gonna have to go looking, hate it when a set is incomplete.

Spacker
29-03-2007, 13:54
Blast from the past! I have all the models on that SOL page bar the left and right OM inquisitors. ;)

don_mondo
29-03-2007, 16:07
I'm missing the two Imp Inq on the right. And I think I'm missing the gas mask commissar.

Krog Ironclaw
29-03-2007, 17:35
I checked SOL yesturday and never found it, thanks for the link.