PDA

View Full Version : ogres as mino's

lokigod
29-03-2007, 20:50
Hey guys I really love the ogre kingdoms models, but hate the ogre kingdoms list. So I was thinking of making an ogre army that went over to chaos(yes I know there are chaos ogres). Thing is i want it to look like an ogre army but play like a chaos army. So I thought of making a list looked like this.

khorne doombull list or nurgle
tyrant = doombull
bulls and iron guts = minotuars
use flesh hounds for specials/ nurglings,plauge bearers
lead belcher = lead belchers(rare spot)

Anyway if I use them as mino's instead of chaos ogres I could have alot more of them and count them as core. so i guess what im asking do you think this would be a cool army?

John Wayne II
29-03-2007, 20:58
Heh, I had an idea like that, but for in my mind it was the wrong way round. Using OK rules to represent a Minotaur "tribe". Anyway, sounds pretty cool, but you've got to show something for it if you want to attract any interest round here, so you better get cracking! ;)

TheWarSmith
29-03-2007, 23:39
As long as you were VERY clear about it, go for it.

lokigod
30-03-2007, 01:17
As long as you were VERY clear about it, go for it.

Yeah it wouldnt be that confusing. Since im only proxing one model type for another, and the whole army almost would be that model type.

TheWarSmith
30-03-2007, 13:16
The one thing i would say is that if your ogre models "count as" minotaurs, you should not include ANY actual ogres in your list(no leadbelchers) as it'd confuse people. "wait, are those actually minotaurs?"

Aelyn
30-03-2007, 13:17
Yeah it wouldnt be that confusing. Since im only proxing one model type for another, and the whole army almost would be that model type.

The point is that you need to make absolutely certain that your opponent's aware that those Ogre Bulls over there are not actually Bulls but Minotaurs. You need to say very clearly and ideally more than once that the Bulls are actually Minotaurs, and emphasizing the point is vital. Obviously you don't want to insult the opponent's intelligence, but you have to be certain they understand that the Bulls and Ironguts are all Minotaurs. Ideally you should also double-check that they've picked it up if they haven't said anything about it by asking them, you know what I mean?

That paragraph both describes and demonstrates the attitude you should have during deployment.

In all seriousness, nothing is worth than saying as you deploy the first unit "This is a minotaur army instead of Ogre Kingdoms, let me know if you want to know exactly what anything is" only to get the first charge in... and have your opponent say "Hang on, they're minotaurs? I never heard you say anything about that!" followed by a big argument which results in the game starting from scratch at best and one or other of you leaving in a huff at worst.

DesertDirge
30-03-2007, 14:06
convert some horns on the bad boys and make them hairy and...

I might make a Mino army out of Ogres!!!!

lokigod
30-03-2007, 14:51
Oh there going to be very mutated and converted, so there probaly going to ask me what they are anyways. I only play twice a year with people I dont know, so shouldnt be that big of a deal. The army just going to be for fun converting any ways so no big deal.