PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Heresy colours

CasperTheGhost
29-03-2007, 21:04
Hi. I'm about to start a Pre-heresy Lunar Wolves and i need a little help with the colour scheme. Also, because of the fact that i am organising a Horus Heresy campaign some friends and i are doing all the legions. So can anyone give me the run-down of the colour-schemes of the Legions.

superknijn
29-03-2007, 21:16
Woops, though you said Space Wolves.

Well, Wikipedia is usefull, as well as http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/spacemarines/painting/pre_heresy/default.htm

Lyinar
30-03-2007, 01:08
Yep, the Games Workshop page linked is the best one for doing pre-Heresy stuff.

Of course, they did the Luna Wolves in one of the two conflicting colour-schemes for the Sons of Horus, instead of the true pre-Heresy colours. They were originally off-white for their entire armour, and then changed to either medium green or medium grey with red hands when they became the Sons of Horus, depending on whether you believe the Horus Heresy novels or not.

Leftenant Gashrog
30-03-2007, 01:44
i thought the red gauntlets were limited to certain elite units?

also its not so clean cut as novels vs GW i believe, i'm pretty sure they are described as green in the novels aswell as the IA, its only the CCG (and John Blanches concept art) which paints them as grey

Spotty
30-03-2007, 04:30
luna wolves change colors when they changed their name to sons of horus. Originally they were grey

Leftenant Gashrog
30-03-2007, 14:17
the novels say Lunar Wolves were pearly-white, some say this contradicts the greyish-white picture in Index Astartes article.. however if you look closely at the IA pic right arm is clearly white reflecting grey in a pearlescent manner, and the grey on the legs could also be described in a similar way

EarlGrey
30-03-2007, 14:36
There are some uniforms in this PDF taken from the Horus Heresy Art books:

http://www.blacklibrary.com/pdf/artbooks/hh1.pdf

I imagine that the actual book contains all 20 chapters (apart from the two "missing" chapters, of course).

CasperTheGhost
30-03-2007, 20:11
Thanks for all the help guys. But are lunar wolved Grey or White because i looked at the books and the us site and there either grey or white.

Lyinar
31-03-2007, 00:58
Like I said, it depends on A: when you're setting the campaign, and B: which conflicting set of data you believe.

During the Great Crusade, when the Emperor was still with them, the Luna Wolves were either pearly-white, or light grey. After they became the Sons of Horus, shortly before the Heresy, they changed to either a darker grey, or a medium green, with red hands for higher ranks.