PDA

View Full Version : The Warhammer Forum suspended

wallacer
30-03-2007, 02:31
Apparently the Warhammer forum has been suspended by the company that hosted it. Does anybody have any idea why? Was there material being posted there that GW objected to or something?

Templar Ben
30-03-2007, 03:12
The one on the GW site has been down for a while. Are you talking about a different one?

Ivan Stupidor
30-03-2007, 03:31
There's a new note up at http://warhammer.org.uk/

Osbad
30-03-2007, 09:32
Sounds like the normal ISP hassles. It happens to all sites from time to time.

JT-Y
30-03-2007, 15:18
Problems with the host, simple as that.

The site has been running clunky for a while, due to the size of the DB.
The host suspended it without warning, in a very customer freindly way, so it is currently being transfered to a new host, as the note says.

Rude on the part of the previous host, but nothing more sinister than that.

magemanda
30-03-2007, 15:23
Aye, and both main admins are working behind the scenes currently to get it back online so it shouldn't be too long before we can start posting again.

Gorbad Ironclaw
30-03-2007, 15:29
Aye, nothing to do with GW(Have had nothing but goodwill from there), just ISP issues. Should hopefully be back very soon.

Durandal
30-03-2007, 18:56
I read the warhammer forum as well as this one. The thing I've noticed in both is how reasonable the tone is. Messages are rarely OT, there are no flames or trolls and as a consequence you get a proper debate. I'm not sure if it's due to them being well-moderated or reflects on Warhammer players, but this and the Warhammer forum aren't typical. Unfortunately the WoW forums are more par for the course - every thread becoming a place for petty insults and one-upmanship.

Gorbad Ironclaw
03-04-2007, 16:31
An update. We are finally back in business and the forum is up and running. Might still be a few changes to come, but please do sign up and post away. We are happy to be back and thank you for your patience.

JT-Y
05-04-2007, 12:14
It appears to be broken again...

Is this problems with reinstalling the existing DB Gorbad?

Parka boy
06-04-2007, 02:20
Must be its been down for two days so far and it shouldn't take that long without problems.