PDA

View Full Version : Building Possesed Wings

TheBloodWindOfChaos
31-03-2007, 07:12
I have a possesed marine squad and I've always wanted to give it deamonic flight (Instead of Deamonic Talons, which i normally use). My freinds won't let me though, saying that they have to be modeled apropriatly :cries: (which I belive also). Could someone help me (or show me) how to model some wings for them?:confused:

Lunk
31-03-2007, 07:52
You don't *need* to model wings, jump packs are just fine. It even suggests wings or jump packs in the wargear description.

And if its a friendly game, I suggest using the "counts as" rule. Explain to your friend your trying a new tactic. The group I'm in lets our eldar player field wardancers as harlies. Make sure your opponent is aware of the models that have wings.

Lunk

Murphey
31-03-2007, 07:59
Wysiwyg is NOT A RULE.

This is a common misconception. It is a convention, not a rule. The only rule in the book is that, whats on the model must be represented in some way.

If you want to just play a few games with flight on them, your friend should have no problem with letting you so long as you inform him before the game.

Technically, you could put tiny paper hats on the possessed and say they are "magic flying hats", and your friend has no rules reason to deny you the ability to use them in the game.

Reaver83
31-03-2007, 11:28
it says in the codex description that it could be mechanical or wings, or knowing chaos pretty much anything! i use posessed (with chain axes :) )so do what you want imho

jubilex
31-03-2007, 11:30
I have a unit of daemonic flight chosen and a lord, horribly expensive (they only get used in 4000+ pnts games). To model them I used gargoyle wings pinned to their backs where the backpack would normally go. Bit of filling and (very minor) sculpting later and hey presto! They look good and were quite cheap considering, the wings were 1 a pair, though this was a few years ago so they are prob more by now. If you do this fit the wings carefully or use bigger bases, they are top heavy.

Zedric
31-03-2007, 11:56
So, uh, yeah. Raptor Jump Packs work fine.

Otherwise, there's Dark Elf Harpy wings, Tyranid Gargoyle wings, Dark Eldar skyboards (ridden or mounted on the back like razor-y jetpacks), 'nilla Space Marine jump packs, long flowy Superman capes made of greenstuff, cut them in two at the waist and mount them on Tzeentch Flamer "legs", Stormboy Rocket packs, missiles strapped to their boots, or pretty much anything else.

Heck, you could mount dragon wings on all of them if it floats your boat (and you can still miraculously maintain coherency with those things).

TheBloodWindOfChaos
31-03-2007, 12:28
Thanks. I might just use that paper hat idea! :angel:

Son of Makuta
31-03-2007, 19:19
Try my cheap wing technique: arms + some wire + some paper + some PVA glue. A little cutting, bending wire, gluing, and some Green Stuff to taste, and you have a set of wings. I've done it on my Hive Tyrant (a reconverted Red Terror):
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j246/lordoftheimmortals/WingedTyrant.jpg

bnf
31-03-2007, 19:34
Could someone help me (or show me) how to model some wings for them?:confused:

I use Raptor models for my Khornate Possessed.