PDA

View Full Version : What now?

Ork_Warboss
31-03-2007, 23:15
Ok here is my updated army and i finally got a warboss :)

15 slugga boyz
14 shoota boyz
Warboss
Big Mek Bodyguard: 3 mekboyz (not here yet)

So i am wondering what to get next?
Well of course the rulebook :)
But like should i get fast attack,elites,heavy support etc?

agerstone
31-03-2007, 23:29
You might want to get someone to move this to the army lists subforum in Tactics :)

hertz
31-03-2007, 23:49
As above, and, most importantly, what would you like? ;)

Gensuke626
01-04-2007, 00:03
If you don't have the codex, then STOP BUYING ORKS, untill you get the codex. Trust me, buying an army on looks alone is far from effective if you're a sore loser like myself.

That being said, where you go next depends entirely on what kind of army you're shooting for. My suggestion to all up and coming warbosses is "Buy More Boyz" cause really, the boyz is where the strength is.

For more ork suggestions, pop down into the Who Loves the Orks? thread in the faction section. All the Skarbosses down there are more than willing to help yoofs like you and me.

Ork_Warboss
01-04-2007, 00:24
I have the ork codex if i didnt dont u think i wouldve told you that?
Anyway i might get another space orks pack and then rither a elite or heavy support.

Tanith Ghost
01-04-2007, 00:28
Go for a killa kan or two. Da orkses can alwazy use more stompy stuff I fink.
:D

Gensuke626
01-04-2007, 02:39

This quote made me think you had no Codex. I still stand by my comment. But I'd buy a box of Boyz next...Just cause the Boyz can be anything. Flash Gits, 'Ard Boyz, Skarboyz, Trukkaz.

I still have no idea how you want to run your army, but to me, one of the best buys in the Ork Army is a mob of two of Tank Busta Boyz. S9 Rokkits and Tankbusta bombs make me very happy. If you want cheap and easy Tank Bustas, I suggest taking a box of Stick Bommas (Yes I found a use for the Mini!) and splitting it into 2 mobs. Build or buy 6 Rokkit Boyz and 2 Nobs and you have 20 tankbustas ready to crack open any enemy armor. I usually saddle my nob with a Rokkit too, that way I have 8 move n fire rokkits being launched every turn (Sometimes my Trukk gets in a 9th shot, but that's just icing.)

As for asking for advice, I rate this thread a [dice0] out of 5

Ross
01-04-2007, 10:49
I'd go for trukk boys mate, i usualy run 2 units btoh the same, Nob power claw, ork with burna, choppas, red trukk with rokkit. The amount of times that BS2 rokkit has taken out a rhino or instant killed a space marine hero MWWWHHHHAAAA!! Yes it's cheesy, but all orks need fast crappy cars (like me) and i've had NO fun with buggies (just kept making me swear at my wife as she blew them up) so trukks for me. You get mobility, more boyz and .... get to make a cool vehicle!!
cool huh!?!?!?

victorpofa
01-04-2007, 13:27
More Boyz are always useful. Also check out the soon to be releases Black Orks. I would not get too big of an army as the Orks will be redone in about a year as of the last rumor floating around. But you probably knew that already ;)

I did not know this when I began acquiring vehicles for a Speed Freeks army off ebay a few months ago. :cries:

guillimansknight
01-04-2007, 14:47
Ok here is my updated army and i finally got a warboss :)

15 slugga boyz
14 shoota boyz
Warboss
Big Mek Bodyguard: 3 mekboyz (not here yet)

But like should i get fast attack,elites,heavy support etc?

codex and some amour

warboss48
01-04-2007, 15:02
I'd say get more boyz. You can never have to many.

spak_man
01-04-2007, 18:14
I would not get too big of an army as the Orks will be redone in about a year as of the last rumor floating around. But you probably knew that already ;)

The new codex is never going to be released, after chaos undevided gets released, they are gonna so another SM dex, then somthing else will come up and push back the ork dex again.. and so on and so forth..*this statement has absolutly no basis in reality, Im just not holding my breath for a new dex, if I was I would have passed out a long while ago*

Id say more boyz, then a trukk,
More boyz will always be useful, no matter what, and Trukkboyz are awesome being able to throw 10 boyz 21" into CC in a round is amazing(12" move+1" RPJ+2" disembark+6" charge)

Gensuke626
02-04-2007, 01:23
codex and some amour

What do you mean by armor? With the exception of the Trukk, the Orks are rather lacking in good vehicles...and armor wearing units are a bit of a joke.

Then again a Looted 'Raida Kroosada' would be fun to see.

Gray Hunter
03-04-2007, 06:26
A couple of Trukks and some Warbikes. Send them down a flank and let you opponent either respond to them (and ignore your main advance of Boyz) or ignore them (and get torn to shreds in Turn 2/3).

ZigZagMan
03-04-2007, 06:37
Vehicles of all stripes and colors, can't go wrong with lots ork vehicles. Kans, trucks, buggies, traks, and of course the best transport after the LRC, the battle wagon. The more you have, the longer they live. Low armor, but lots of advantages inherent in open topped vehicles

RavenMorpheus
03-04-2007, 06:40
Try some truks, or a battlewagon - you could fit the whole army in one.

Zedric
03-04-2007, 06:56
I vote more boyz and a grot screen, at this point. Fill out your core choices to the max, that way you always have it available (as well as extra boyz for other mobs). You can also construct some trukkboyz mobs out of the extra ladz.

Purchase or convert some rokkits, burnas, and big shootas, in that order. Convert some tankbustas or cyborks.