PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about drones and bases..

Mozzamanx
01-04-2007, 18:36
Simply, does a drone need to be on its own base or can it be modelled onto the person controlling it?

This is because I need something to go on the shoulder of an XV8, and was thinking about putting carbines there to represent drones.

Thanks in advance

MadHatter
01-04-2007, 18:42
It needs to be on its own base for it to be a usable model. This was it can be charged or charge if that is the plan. Can be removed as a casualty of war.

chaos0xomega
01-04-2007, 18:49
Simply, does a drone need to be on its own base or can it be modelled onto the person controlling it?

This is because I need something to go on the shoulder of an XV8, and was thinking about putting carbines there to represent drones.

Thanks in advance

Oh please not this again.It seems that you and I are 2 of a kind. WHile I wouldn't exactly say that putting gundrones onto a model is a good idea, shield drones should be just fine.

Of course you and I are probably the only 2 that think that this is legal, and I probably just started another flame war with this post.

Lord Malek The Red Knight
01-04-2007, 18:54
Oh please not this again.
i was just doing a Search for that thread, actually.

to the OP: this (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71747&highlight=drone) is where we explained why the Drone has to be on its own base (over and over again)... ;)

~ Tim

Lyinar
01-04-2007, 18:55
That's because it's NOT legal.

You can't even use "Rule as Written" to justify it. The only form of justification for putting a Gun or Shield Drone on the model that controls it that I've seen is based on interpretations of what's NOT in the Codex.

Mozzamanx
01-04-2007, 19:01
MMkay, thanks everyone