PDA

View Full Version : Macharius as leman russ?

tristan the
04-04-2007, 00:53
Well, the macharius is ded sexie, but I'm not one for using unofficial rules (40k's so wide you can find a counts-as for almost anything imo) So I was wondering what people would reckon to me using it as a leman russ?

replacing the twin linked heavy stubber with a hefty bolter of course, and counting the cannon as a single one, here's a size comparison, (nicked from rumours but rehosted on my photobucket)
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d170/tristanthe/carbrumbrum.jpg
I didn't put this in rules because it's widely accepted there's no general consensus on vehicle modelling, I'm after your personal opinion, would you play it or would you prefer not too?

Rogue 7
04-04-2007, 01:20
That thing's just one big target-it would be a huge disadvantage to fielding it as a Leman Russ. I'd let you field it as a baneblade, but maybe you can VDR it?

Xandros
04-04-2007, 01:34
With something that size I'd really expect it to have structure points, but that extra FOC can be an obstacle...

Stella Cadente
04-04-2007, 01:44
I would allow it, but its crazy, FW rules are official no matter what anybody says

Strikerkc
04-04-2007, 02:46
I would allow it, but its crazy, FW rules are official no matter what anybody says

Ditto, FW is legal, it's in the bloody forge world books that it's legal.

However, if a person wanted to buy a model like that and then just field it as a russ... I would let them, I'd be disapointed, but I would let them.

Stella Cadente
04-04-2007, 03:21
Ditto, FW is legal, it's in the bloody forge world books that it's legal.

However, if a person wanted to buy a model like that and then just field it as a russ... I would let them, I'd be disapointed, but I would let them.

to tell the truth if someone brought it in I would want to fight it as the rules dictate, it would make me happy to lose to such a machine

Shrike30
04-04-2007, 08:08
I've got a buddy who eyes the forgeworld stuff and just drools. Playing against superheavies/minor gods/enormous flying machines of death is just entertaining!

Captain Micha
04-04-2007, 12:23
I love your tank. I'd let you field it as a russ before I'd let you field the russ as a russ

tristan the
04-04-2007, 13:49
Cheers guys, thats pretty reassuring, I'd mainly be playing in tournements with it, where VDR and FW rules are usually not allowed. I supose I should wait for the actual rules, it may be it doesn't actually take up a force organisation chart, the main turnoff for me using it in friendly play.

I'll be honest, the main reason I like it so much is because the tracks are one piece :D .

Captain Micha
04-04-2007, 14:36
where is the macharius tank? I can't find it on fw site.....

Tyra_Nid
04-04-2007, 14:38
It isnt released yet, Micha.

Captain Micha
04-04-2007, 14:40
that sucks, finally the Ig get a real mans tank that is not a baneblade... (i was going to start my Ig TODAY if that thing had been released already ) oh well, I'll just have to put them off abit longer *L*

yes I planned on seriously making it a leman russ