PDA

View Full Version : black temples good with sisters and D hunters?

AlphaLegion
04-04-2007, 23:59
I am taking a liking to the temples, and I said before My friend is not playing any more, he is letting me hold onto his sisters but not really have the, so would them be good for a inquestion army. If not what would be a good SM army that works with every one. His sisters are painted white and black like in the back of the witch hunter codex.

Kerflunc
05-04-2007, 00:06
templars can't take allies that have models with psychics except GKs

AlphaLegion
05-04-2007, 00:08
Then what army should I take? I am going going to use about 20 marines. and the rest will be witch hunter and Deamon hunter.

Ravik
05-04-2007, 01:06
Sisters aren't psykers, so you're safe there.

Just don't take an inquisitor I guess. Seraphim are really good though if you have some.

AlphaLegion
05-04-2007, 03:03
Thanks. I just use a emp. champ for a HQ

insaniak
05-04-2007, 04:31
Just don't take an inquisitor I guess.

You can take an Inquisitor. You just can't give him any Psychic Powers.

The Black Templars are not prohibited from allying with Psykers, just with models with Psychic Powers. A Psyker that has no powers is not a model with Psychic Powers.

Master Bait
05-04-2007, 04:39
but but

they wouldn't be a psyker then?

i would think witch hunters would happily employ the use of the BTs and could make for a characterful and fun mixed army

insaniak
05-04-2007, 04:47
they wouldn't be a psyker then?

Inquisitors are Psykers, whether or not they have any powers, as they have the 'Psyker' special rule.

But they are only a model with Psychic Powers if they are actually given Psychic Powers.

Master Bait
05-04-2007, 05:01
ah i see. that doesn't mean to dictate that all inquisitors are psykers though, in fluff terms, i hope

insaniak
05-04-2007, 05:04
Nope, it's just for convenience in the list.

Bolter Bait
05-04-2007, 12:06
I am taking a liking to the temples, and I said before My friend is not playing any more, he is letting me hold onto his sisters but not really have the, so would them be good for a inquestion army. If not what would be a good SM army that works with every one. His sisters are painted white and black like in the back of the witch hunter codex.Just make sure that you use Black Templar with WH/DH allies. If you use WH w/ allied space marines, you cannot have ANY sisters in the army and the space marines lose all special rules that seperate them from generic ultrasmurfs.

Lyinar
05-04-2007, 14:40
Black Templars work reasonably well with Sisters of Battle, aside from any rules, their outlooks are similar... I made an army list using them that I called The Emperor's Own Nutcases.

Captain Micha
05-04-2007, 14:43
I like this idea... shame someone else I know is taking up sob.

but I have bt rules muwhahah! also.. I did not realise how badly worded that is.... models with psychic powers.. *goes to read that and jaw hits the floor*omg.....

that is evil!

Onisuzume
05-04-2007, 16:02
Personally; I wouldn't use sisters in a BT army.
The chance of the sisters turning their flamers on the BTs instead of the enemy would be simply too big. (BT are, imo, heretics)

bertcom1
05-04-2007, 16:14
Personally; I wouldn't use sisters in a BT army.
The chance of the sisters turning their flamers on the BTs instead of the enemy would be simply too big. (BT are, imo, heretics)

Must be a bit funny for you then, that the Witch Hunters codex has an example of how to include Sisters in another army, by having Black Templars take them as allies.

Also that the Black Templars codex has Sisters and Templars fighting together in an operation called the Vinculus crusade.

Lyinar
05-04-2007, 16:50
The only thing the Black Templars do that is in any way "heretical" is ignore the Codex Astartes pretty much completely.

Marius Xerxes
05-04-2007, 19:19
I think it would be a cool combo. Not for fluff, but for the sake of taking cheaper points wise then a Innitiate, and because of the 3+ on Sisters, better then Neyophytes.

Kerflunc
05-04-2007, 20:37
what i meant was that if there is a model that has psychic powers then templars can't be used but if you want to use them with sisters go right ahead.

Templar Ben
05-04-2007, 20:49
Thanks. I just use a emp. champ for a HQ

Not sure you are reading that right. Check the codex again. He is different than just an HQ choice.

And we BT aren't heretics. We are just very old school.

insaniak
05-04-2007, 22:39
Just make sure that you use Black Templar with WH/DH allies. If you use WH w/ allied space marines, you cannot have ANY sisters in the army and the space marines lose all special rules that seperate them from generic ultrasmurfs.

More specifically, if you're using inducted Space Marines in the DH or WH army, they have to come from Codex: Space Marines. You can't induct Black Templars or Dark Angels into a DH or WH army at all, although they can take DH or WH allies in their own army list.

I did not realise how badly worded that is.... models with psychic powers.. *goes to read that and jaw hits the floor*omg.....

How is it 'badly worded'?

I would think that it was deliberately worded that way specifically to allow BTs to ally with Puritan Inquisitors.