PDA

View Full Version : Renegade mercenary style 40k armies

Parka boy
05-04-2007, 00:15
Hi there I was wondering if anyone knows of any pictures of any renegade mercenary themed 40k armies out there. Or what list would make a good mercenary style army?

thanks

Kerflunc
05-04-2007, 00:17
Kroots are a mercenary style army.

Zealot
05-04-2007, 00:41
I think Orks would make a good Mercenary force... 'ey jus wan'na scrap!

GodofWarTx
05-04-2007, 00:46
Im sure the Red Corsairs have no problem working for the highest bidder.

Im also pretty certain that there are countless paramilitary human forces (using the Imperial Guard list) that are guns-for-hire.

Quin 242
05-04-2007, 00:54
The Chaos renegade list works pretty well for Mercinaries.

I use the IG list with allies for my Rogue trader and his followers...

Bruised Lee
05-04-2007, 06:04
A buddy of mine has an army of mercenary pirate space marines made using both space marines and chaos space marines as well as bitz from mordheim, necromunda and warhammer.
He generally uses CSM rules.

Barbarossa
05-04-2007, 06:08
Kroot Mercenaries - obviously

Wasn't there an ork tribe which was pretty mercenary? I think it was Blood Axes; even working for humans against other orks.

Certain Dark Eldar cabals; I think there even was a bit of fluff about one of these cabals being employed by an imperial gouvernor against either pirates or rivals. They betrayed him in the end.

Eldar pirates or outcasts.

Sceleris
05-04-2007, 08:47
Lost and the Damned could work pretty well since the army list is flexible enough to fit almost anything into it

Rhamag
05-04-2007, 17:56
Same goes for the Witchhunters list. Loads of variety, including inducted IG or allied SM types.

Marius Xerxes
05-04-2007, 18:31
I always liked the Red Corsairs. Huron Blackheart was a really nifty character, though its unfortunate he didnt survive the transfer from 2nd to 3rd edition, and not even into the current Chaos dex. Might be cool to see if he might be brought back for the new dex comming later this year though. That and cypher also and being able to make "Fallen" dark angel armies without having to use his CA rules from years ago.