PDA

View Full Version : Commanders/Heros/ HQ's Names

Vesica
06-04-2007, 01:43
I have just been looking round the WFB board and saw a post about generals names, so i thought why not make a 40k one.

mine are

Space Marines: Captain Angelo Vesica, Librarian Uriel Jassim and Chaplain Mattius Tonye.

i did write down some for my upcoming tau and chaos army but missplaced them and forgot the names.

redbaron998
06-04-2007, 02:10
Hey, I am going with a Byzantium (Eastern Roman Empire) theme with my army and thus my generals are:

Brother-Captain Justinian

and

Brother-Librarian Constantine

Light of the Emperor
06-04-2007, 02:18
IG commanders usually have names based on their nation of origin. So, many Death Korp players tend to give their commanders German names.

I play Vostroyans who are basically russians in space and die hard imperial. Thus my commander's name is: Graf-General Mikhail Augustus Vladkov.

Marshal2Crusaders
06-04-2007, 02:20
Marshal Todt commands the Cadian Crusade. Under his command are:
-Castellan Erebrecht
-Castellan Heinriech
-Castellan Lathem
-Chaplain Friedreich
-Chaplain Hidlebrandt
-Chaplain Holscht

Gearux
06-04-2007, 02:29
13th Company: Wolf Lord Baldur Wolfsrage and Rune Priest Forseti
Iron Hands: Iron-Father Gearux (where my name comes from)
Witch Hunters: Lord Inquisitor David Norticus the Pious Ordo Hereticus

Norminator
06-04-2007, 03:05
Space Marines: My Marine Commander has had several different names. Originally Brother Bob, I felt that wasn't fitting, so I went with the hugely original Commander Norminatus ;)

Tau: Now this is a bit better. He is called O'Anuk or, in full, Shas'o'Tau'Kais'Montyr'Anuk

Kiro
06-04-2007, 03:09
Shas'O Sa'Cea Kiro Mont'Yr - hence my user name: Kiro! :)

deathwing_marine
06-04-2007, 03:11
Dark Angels Grand Master Aradiel and Interrogator-Chaplain Pontius
:skull: :skull: :skull: :skull:

MaliGn
06-04-2007, 03:22
Emperor's Children: T'mudjinn, Hellion of Skarlak IV

Future IG army list (in my mind*): Captains Kahls and Kronin Burg

*Eddie Izzard anyone?

Spotty
06-04-2007, 03:24
SM: Spotticus, Lord Satananguis, Iacton Qruze, and Nathaniel Garro(yes I know the last two names are from horus heresy, but they are a part of my army's fluff until the books say they die)

Eldar: Saerthalas Eldanoth

corsair_01
06-04-2007, 03:45
my dark angels Company Master is Named "Master Gabriel"
and of course my other HQ is Master Sammael, but thats not my name
:)

nightgant98c
06-04-2007, 04:43
You're supposed to name them? Then I guess it'd be the gold guy and the red guy.

Iceheart2112
06-04-2007, 04:50
Tau: Shas'o Fi'rios Nars'ka Lynu (O'Nars'ka - Commander Stonestrike) with his trusty sidekick Shas'el Fi'rios Mohr'gan Elan (El'Mohr'gan - Captain Jester [modelled like Captain Morgan...]).

Space Marines: Kinda still looking for a decent one...

Plebian
06-04-2007, 05:20
O'Lasa-Commander Coldfire
Aun'Foe
Wolf Guard Battle Leader Tycho Celchu
Colonel Brid Law
-Plebian

spacemonkey
06-04-2007, 07:02
For my DIY SM chapter Swords of Kolaris: Chapter Master Chalku, Captian Seric, and Codicer Gregori
For my Crimson Fists: Captain Martino Salazar and Epistolary Avaro Wolfe
For my DaemonHunters: Inquistor Lord Alexi Molot

And mentioning characters named Bob, a friend of mine once named his Terminator Librarian Bob for one game. The guy couldn't do squat. Couldn't pass a psychic test, couldn't use his psyhic hood, couldn't hit in combat... We figured he must of had A.D.D.- everytime he saw a pretty flash, he totally lost all concentration. :)

Lothar bubonicus
06-04-2007, 07:57
Death guard Chaos lord - Lothar Bubonicus
Ork warboss - Warboss Gafnag
Sons of the Damned chaplain - Nexus
Salamanders Captain - Fuego

xibo
06-04-2007, 08:00
Major Akira Soleis/Commissar Rabbin Fening/Inquisitor Maximilian Fistus, and all of them are claiming to be the leaders...

Ahh and of cause Corsair Captain (FB Dark Elves) Eldrad the Cruel.

freelancer
06-04-2007, 10:24
Marshal Jerico Prometheus, Warer of the black armour (templerfied grey knight termi armour)
Castellen Karl Cronus
and Techmarine Mr. Bouncy (he never did enything just ran round the battlefield bouncing from place to place)

Thommy H
06-04-2007, 13:53
Well, let's see here...

My Master of the Deathwing is called Sheol (because in the last Codex the 'Terminator Captain' had the heraldry of the Company Master identified as Sheol in Codex: Angels of Death). I'm not going to be changing his name to Belial.

Company Master Balthazar

Chaplain Zephaniah

Librarian Malachi

All my squads are named too (in fact, every model is named, but I've since retconed my army to have Hebrew names like the Dark Angels should do and their bases are going to be repainted eventually, so these are the new squad names):

Command Squad Zechariah
Venerable Dreadnought: Father Iccarus
Dreadnought: Father Sammael
Scout Squad Samuel
Techmarine Obadiah
Deathwing Terminator Squad Jehoshaphat
Deathwing Terminator Squad Jehoram
Deathwing Terminator Squad Ahaziah
Tactical Squad Nathaniel
Tactical Squad Mordecai
Tactical Squad Isaiah
Assault Squad Ephraim
Ravenwing Attack Squadron Gilead
Devastator Squad Jotham

Almost all the names (apart from Balthazar) are taken from Jewish prophets or kings of ancient Judea. Wikipedia is useful.

Lyinar
06-04-2007, 14:09
I don't generally name my models until they earn it, and if they redeem themselves, they can get better names. Hopefully my Tau commander won't be known as Shas'o R'etard much longer.

Then there's the BFG Chaos ship that I named Moonbane after my best friend and I first played the game. It was maneuvering to land troops on a moon so they could capture an objective and perform a dark ritual there, when the Eldar that I was playing managed to blow up its bridge and then damage its thrusters. So, it was heading straight toward the moon, couldn't turn, and kept failing the leadership for the special maneuver that would get it to stop... A couple of turns later, it reached the moon and we removed both. Not necessarily in the rules, but hey, situations like that give the game character, and both of us agreed on the result.

And I do have to say that the Sergeant of the squad of Dark Angels that performs consistently the worst against my best friend's Ultramarines WILL be getting stuck with the name of Gargamel.

Colonel Deal
06-04-2007, 16:34
Orks: Led by Gorfang, Da Red Plague. I've got names for all the Nobs, but with 5000pts of Orks I'll just give the names of my Big Mek and Painboss. Big Mek Kaptin ‘Chopshop’ Krumpsnik, I'm using the old freebooterz captain model for him so I gave him an interesting Blood Axe name. Gullskragga is my Painboss.

IG: Corsian 99th Urban Recon: CO is Colonel Deal. XO is Major Brock and third officer is Captain Bronson.

Iron Warriors: my 7th Grand Company are led by the daemon prince Lord Zarak, the chaos lord Ferron Wolvesbane, the sorceror-lieutenant Ner'Zhul and sometimes the ordinary lieutenant Dessen.