PDA

View Full Version : Dreadnought or Predator

Ork_Warboss
06-04-2007, 16:55
Yo im gonna get a dreadnought or predoator which one should i get?
If predator, destuctor or annihilator?

superknijn
06-04-2007, 16:59
What´s in the rest of your army?
Also, Dreadnoughts and Predators can furfill the same roles; remember the weapons options for the Dreadnoughts.

Ork_Warboss
06-04-2007, 17:02
Here is my army list
2 sm tactical squads (1 will have assualt weapons)
SM commander
Assualt squad w/sergent
(insert vehicle here)

Ork_Warboss
06-04-2007, 17:03
Here is my army list
2 sm tactical squads (1 will have assualt weapons)
SM commander
Assualt squad w/sergent
(insert vehicle here)

o yea SM command squad 2
if anyone can give me points for this 2 that would be nice.

SRY FOR DOUBLE POST i know i can edit etc but i accidently double clicked

SwordsofChaos
06-04-2007, 17:08
Perhaps you should get the SM codex so you can find out about point costs first.

DJR
07-04-2007, 20:09
On my oppinion if you have the points take both. I always take a destuctor with lascannon sponsons and dreadnought with lascannon and missile launcher. Can deal well enough with any army thrown at ya. as for command squads, i tend not to go to heavily tooled up. in fact i take a jump-chaplain and just have him join your assault squad.

Son of Makuta
07-04-2007, 20:35
Use the dreadnought. It's more fun. ;)

thelightbringer
07-04-2007, 20:38
people see a predator or any armour and always attack!! dreadnoughts tend to get forgotten!!

RavenMorpheus
07-04-2007, 20:42
Cost in terms of money is the same so it's down to the rules and how the model works in the game so If I was going to buy one of either I'd buy a dreadnought.

Better or same armour value as a predator, less vulnerable in CC and has better/different weapon options (at the moment anyway)

Predators can't be given plasma cannons, multi-meltas, missile laumchers etc, which to me means they aren't as versatile.

ReDavide
07-04-2007, 21:04
For your army's first vehicle, I'd go for something tough. In this case, the predator's nice high front armor value makes it the better choice.

When you only have one vehicle in your army, every last one of the enemy's anti-tank guns is going to be zeroing in on it. A dreadnought is toast. A predator stands a chance of surviving for a turn or two.

Lighter vehicles like dreadnoughts shine more when fielded alongside several other vehicles where they can benefit from safety in numbers.

Kahadras
07-04-2007, 21:16
I'd go for the Pred. It's a solid tank and can throw out quite a bit of firepower as well. As to which type to go for I sugest you look at what your army is lacking at the moment. If you need anti tank firepower take the Annihilator. If you need anti infantry take the Destructor.

Kahadras

thewizard99
07-04-2007, 22:34
mmmm yeah a pred, 2 side lascannons, for tank busting and a autocannon on top for anything that comes close :D

Jesse Custer
07-04-2007, 22:55
Use the dreadnought. It's more fun.
I agree the cool factor for me is important, I'll choose the Dread.
However considering your list, what you already have, I tend to think the Predator would be a more sensible choice as heavy support.

For your army's first vehicle, I'd go for something tough. In this case, the predator's nice high front armor value makes it the better choice.
I agree with that.

Grymlok
08-04-2007, 00:42
Go for the Dread, it looks way better than a Predator!

ehlijen
08-04-2007, 00:55
As a first vehicle, I would actually suggest the predator. Why? Versatility! If you don't glue the turret base plate in and use blue tack or magnets for the sponsons, you will be able to use it as a rhino instead, and with a bit of conversion work you can turn the sponsons you didn't use into a razorback turret. It will let you test all three vehicles.

thewizard99
09-04-2007, 15:29
As a first vehicle, I would actually suggest the predator. Why? Versatility! If you don't glue the turret base plate in and use blue tack or magnets for the sponsons, you will be able to use it as a rhino instead, and with a bit of conversion work you can turn the sponsons you didn't use into a razorback turret. It will let you test all three vehicles.

never though of that, also its possible to change the wapons on the turrets with autocannon or lascannons, and the side sponsons could be easyly done with a pinning tecnique.

Fideru
09-04-2007, 15:48
Well, personally I would go with a drop-podding dreadnought, but if that's not possible, then I'd get the Predator for its nice armour value of 13, and probably would do destructor with lascannon sponsons.