PDA

View Full Version : Ravenwing Battleforce

Lord Balian
06-04-2007, 18:01
I went and picked up the first of my RW battleforce boxes. I was very pleased with the bits that come in it, three RW sprues, and that hand instruction book on all the models.
What I noticed after pulling everything out is that there is no base for the attackbike. Now I realize you "need" a base for it since it will stand on it's own, but it really should come with a base. I mean that's part of the model, is making a cool, themed base for all your models.

Did anyone else not get a base, like one of those larger round ones, for the attackbike?

Also, what are the little clear plastic, bowl looking bits for? I see the shaft for the flying base and the bottom of the flying base. But there was another clear plastic piece in there.

victorpofa
06-04-2007, 18:24
I went and picked up the first of my RW battleforce boxes. I was very pleased with the bits that come in it, three RW sprues, and that hand instruction book on all the models.

I hope my two come with the third sprue as well. I need them for the 6 other bikes and two landspeeders I have lying around unbuilt. Third unit plus MotRW minus a third attack bike!

What I noticed after pulling everything out is that there is no base for the attackbike. Now I realize you "need" a base for it since it will stand on it's own, but it really should come with a base. I mean that's part of the model, is making a cool, themed base for all your models. Did anyone else not get a base, like one of those larger round ones, for the attackbike?

I don't know if the attack bike is supposed to come with a base as I don't own any yet. If this is still unanswered by the time I get my two boxes I will let you know if mine came with any big bases.

Also, what are the little clear plastic, bowl looking bits for? I see the shaft for the flying base and the bottom of the flying base. But there was another clear plastic piece in there.

I believe that clear piece is for the Landspeeder, and lets you pose the speeder on the flying base.

Hulkster
06-04-2007, 18:35
there is no base for the attack bike

Granitearm
06-04-2007, 19:29
I had a quick question for you, if you don't mind.

I'm thinking of starting a small White Scars army, and I'm considering getting the RW BF as a start. Does it have enough parts to make non DA bikers?

I really hope so, as that would save me a ton of money...:angel:

Lord Balian
06-04-2007, 19:34
That's a real bummer. I guess I can order some or something. I want to do some of the cool basing techniques they have on their website for bikes.

Ah OK the plastic bit is to make the speeder at cool angles and stuff? Neat, thanks.

Granite, yes it does. It's just got normal bike and speeder sprues plus the RW upgrade sprues. So it's actualy a great deal for doing a WS army. :D

Captain Micha
06-04-2007, 19:42
use the rw rules for your white scars! it makes more sense

Granitearm
06-04-2007, 19:46
Granite, yes it does. It's just got normal bike and speeder sprues plus the RW upgrade sprues. So it's actualy a great deal for doing a WS army. :D

That's awesome.:evilgrin:

Thanks for the help!

THE CHIEF
06-04-2007, 20:45
No there is no base for the Attack Bike. I am currently pondering solutions to this issue as I want all my bikes based scenically as well. Come to think of it I don't think I've ever seen a based Attack Bike before, but I'm not sure if I'd want a round base for it. Difficult one.

BigJon
06-04-2007, 22:40
No there is no base for the Attack Bike. I am currently pondering solutions to this issue as I want all my bikes based scenically as well. Come to think of it I don't think I've ever seen a based Attack Bike before, but I'm not sure if I'd want a round base for it. Difficult one.

I've used the Dreadnought bases for my attack bikes in the past and
they work pretty well.

BigJon

Lord Balian
06-04-2007, 22:56
I think I'll get some of the Extra Large Round bases. If you want square they have those too. Pricey though, good grief. :(

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=List_Models&code=301080&orignav=300810&GameNav=300810