PDA

View Full Version : Who should I get?

Lander
09-04-2007, 03:23
Ive sold off my Tau. Which army should I get besides the Nids?

wickedvoodoo
09-04-2007, 03:32
which do you like??? you havent told us anything, are there certain race specific questions you need clearing up to help you decide or do you just want us to pick for you???

Pick a non MEQ army,too much power armour in the game at the moment.

Bolter Bait
09-04-2007, 03:45
which do you like??? you havent told us anything, are there certain race specific questions you need clearing up to help you decide or do you just want us to pick for you???

Pick a non MEQ army,too much power armour in the game at the moment.I concur that there is too many MEqs in the game; on Saturday I took part in a store Mega Battle and for every xenos player on my side of the tables, there was a Chaos or Black Templar player to oppose us.

As to what to collect now, here is what I think.

Sister heavy WH are an interesting balance between MEqs and everyone else; they possess a 3+ save but the Toughness of a Guardsman, so they take more wounds and are forced to make that 3+ save much more often, so it balances out.

Dark Eldar are nice and rare right now; I regularly only see one fellow who plays them. Fast, mobile and hard hitting, they do have the tendancy to be a bit fragile but they seem like fun. I don't know what their future is though in the game, so maybe something else.

Given that it's still only been like 6 months since the Eldar codex came out, there are still droves of people picking them up, so I'd suggest keeping away from them until the fuss over the Harlequin release dies down. Don't want to be hopping on that bandwagon too soon.

Can't say much about Orks since they're even rarer than Dark Eldar in my area. I've only seen one guy play them and that was a few years ago. Probably after next year they'll be a hot item though, so maybe pick up some basic Boyz, play a few combat patrols wit dem, get some 'ead-thumpin' in an' after the new dex comes out, den see wot dere like.

Rhamag
09-04-2007, 04:27
Buy orks.

Why not? You've given us nothing to go on, apart from no 'Nids. And orks ain't 'Nids. Don't buy marines, because everyone plays marines.

Groksnag
09-04-2007, 11:44
Buy orks.
Don't buy marines, because everyone plays marines.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Go green and get Orks. Yes they have by far the worst accuracy of all the races, but almost every weapon you get is an Assault weapon. like the ever popular BigShoota. heavybolter with assault3? YES PLEASE!

I advise NOT taking Necrons, theyre too easy to play, have only 1 measly Troops choice, and all you have to do is mass Gauss fire to kill anything. plus all the models look the same! not like the Orks, who can look like anything, even famous fictional people (like Santa Claus for me, yes I have an Ork painted and looking like Santa)

Some guy (UK)
09-04-2007, 11:53
Well, if he wishes to buy Marines it is his choice, but I too wouldn't recommend it, if you wish your army to stand out.

I say look at the Imperial Guard- billions of regiments you could create (i.e from scratch), lots of continuing support from forgeworld- e.g Elysians, Death Korps, new tanks, several regiments made by GW, conversion and painting oppertunities can be found everywhere, and a good money to model ratio. Whats not to like?

whiteshields1830
09-04-2007, 12:19
*whispers*why do these posts always come up*

No, just get ALL the armies, so now u dont need to decide. Why dont you pick it out yourself instead of asking the forums

Bregalad
09-04-2007, 16:33
Ive sold off my Tau. Which army should I get besides the Nids?
It is always nice to get so much information. That makes answering so easy :rolleyes:

oneman
09-04-2007, 17:02
I play what feels right for me.I'm intelligent,articulate and more cerebral than physical so of course I love Orks! It's that contrast of mindsets that lets me play with abandon and not get too serious.It's a game!

This is what you should do.Look at all the races and 'feel the force'(can't believe I wrote that,I hate Star Warts).The more emotional the attraction the more you'll play fun 40K.

Lander
09-04-2007, 18:27
Hmmm....Ive been Xenos since I got the game. Nercrons first (there to easy too play and have boring fluff imo) then Tau ( Just dont like the Shooty Heavyness of them) I want an Close Combat force but not Nids sorry for the lack of info. As for choosing myself I like the looks of everything eccept some of the Dark Eldar and Ork range which need a upgrade in everyway.

Bregalad
09-04-2007, 21:59
Ah ... now I get it. You want a second Xeno close combat army, but not Tyranids, Orks and Dark Eldar.
Well .. uhm ...
I think you have forgotten to rule out cc Eldar (with Harlequins, Banshees and such), or this problem might actually be solvable now :rolleyes:

Laughingmonk
09-04-2007, 22:09
Play Eldar, you know you want to..... :evilgrin:

Getifa Ubazza
10-04-2007, 00:02
If you want CC, non-MEQ, Then go with Eldar. Heres what i would get.

HQ's Avatar, seer council
ELITES Harlies, Scorps, Banshees
TROOPS 2 Squads of Storm guardians
HEAVY's A few Wraithlords

Dont know how well that would do, but it would be a cool army.

Lander
10-04-2007, 01:52
Ill go with Eldar. I appriciate the aid in the decison.