PDA

View Full Version : extra large carry cases

ichani
10-04-2007, 10:13
can anyone give me any suggestions where i can find a carry case thats bigger that the double GW one, as i need one for my skaven horde army

The boyz
10-04-2007, 10:20
I would recommend you check out www.Figuresincomfort.co.uk. They have cases of various sizes, I think the biggest case called "The beast" can hold up to 650 odd miniatures.

Archaon
10-04-2007, 11:45
http://www.charonproductions.com/shop/

I had a Deluxe Battlepack from Charon a while ago and it was awesome. 3 huge compartments which could hold an insane amount of miniatures. Depending on the trays you could also lug around such big and unwieldy things like Dragons without damaging them.

A bit pricey but the quality was very good.

TheWarSmith
10-04-2007, 13:46
http://www.saboldesigns.net/

The king of army transports in my opinion.

ichani
10-04-2007, 18:46
how many minis does the sabol motorpool hold?

TheWarSmith
10-04-2007, 21:02
that's the one i have, but it really depends what sizes of foam you get.

You can get different sizes of foam(1-4"). Keep in mind that I believe a 1/4" is used for the bottom so you can't actually put models in that space.

Mine holds around 3,000 points of brets easily, with space for books, dice, tape measure, etc, and nice handles.

DeathlessDraich
10-04-2007, 21:32
Another one

http://www.intersponge.com/

Jules
10-04-2007, 23:24
Hi

If you want a real big bag look at our Legion it can hold 20 trays and is on wheels.

http://www.ekmpowershop2.com/ekmps/shops/figsincomfort/index.asp?function=DISPLAYPRODUCT&productid=52

Hope this helps

Jules
www.figuresincomfort.co.uk

Marcel
10-04-2007, 23:29
magnetize the bases and buy an industrial size metal toolbox. the regiments will stick to the interior and mazimize the surface area because they can stick to the sides of the box.

Goldenwolf
10-04-2007, 23:30
Sabol or SMS are the best buys, the Motor Pool or big case on wheels are around $65-70, but come with foam inside. Many of the others have no foam, or cost $120+. The last one I saw was 180 pounds, which is over $250. This is ridiculous for transport costs.

The SMS one is very similar to Sabol, maybe a touch lower on the quality scale, but slightly lower in price as well.

You can also buy extra foam layers for $9 each, so if you want to swap out a biggie for 2-3 smaller ones it's not that bad.

Good Luck[dice0]

Scott
10-04-2007, 23:31
I've heard nothing but good things about the sabol transport cases. The guy that I usually play with that has one said he read somewhere that someone filled theirs with mini's and threw it down a set of stairs and nothing was harmed.

The good thing about the army transports, is that with the foam you just pull out the little squares so you can make the trays the size you want to carry what you want and not the predetermined model size, then having to cut everything up.

TheWarSmith
11-04-2007, 00:53
I was carrying one of the 4" ones into the store on top of my cases(not in the actual case, just the models in the foam), and i dropped it on the concrete. It bounced off the ground and fell onto its side. NO damage.

bladestalker
27-05-2007, 20:28
we have a delux battlepack that is braced adn 1/3 again as large as the double GW one you have. drop me a line and we'll discuss discounts and shipping.

if you are in the UK you will probably want to look at figures in comfort.

Horus0001
27-05-2007, 21:22
I bought a charon case once, the foam had some sticky residue on it, not noticable to the touch, but friction caused it to rub off, after transport it led to black marks on weaon edges and base edges.

bladestalker
28-05-2007, 01:52
yeah we had a couple of rough cuts early on with the heavy cavalry foam trays. the deeper trays had the hot cutting wire in contact with the foam for a longer period of time than it should have. the foam provider didn;t tell us this until the foam was out the door. It was only a single batch that had the problem, now we are using the standard punch and glue method for hevay cav trays. more expensive to make but no residue.

Horus0001
28-05-2007, 10:36
Aside from that, the charon case rocks. Manages to store my 3k of Marines (including all armour) and ive still got a tonne of room letf.

Warning however: it hits like a chariot in closed enviroments

bladestalker
11-06-2007, 16:25
it can be bulky to manouver. I have a couple of prototype backpack style skirmishapcks that are about the same size as an astronaut's backpack.