PDA

View Full Version : Models with GW and HW+Sh

Voodoo Boyz
10-04-2007, 20:27
Ok, I want to do some experimenting with my Dwarfs, giving them Hand Weapons+Shields & Great Weapons. My warriors are the BfSP warriors and my Longbeards were modeled with just HW+Shields. If I give them great weapons and put them down as is, is that going to cause a problem? I don't know if it's quite proxying, since you can't exactly model all that stuff on a normal model.

Do you normally see this as a problem in games? Is it something that if I put it down at a tournament and charged with my Warriors and went "Oh they have Great weapons" would someone throw a fit?

It seems as if the WYSIWYG in Fantasy isn't quite what it is in 40k, which is what I'm used to.

Bloodknight
10-04-2007, 20:34
Fantasy is laxer on Wysiwyg on characters. Units should have the equipment modelled on them although half of the models suffice. Teh BFSP dwarfs arenīt too hard to convert, just stick some GWs on some backs.

Azroth
10-04-2007, 21:00
Maybe just convert the front rank? It's what people look at after all. Or maybe model rank one with HW+Shield, and rank two with GW, and then the others aas you see fit?

newstream
10-04-2007, 21:09
dont think its going to be a problem on tournaments... but u shell mention it to the other player.. and i agree with bloodknights puts some gw on there backs.. just by showing off what you have in mind...

Shimmergloom
10-04-2007, 21:22
As long as you tell someone what the unit is armed with if it's not wsywig, then it should not be a problem unless it's the most anal of players that you are up against.

For instance, for years you could not find a goblin or night goblin with a handweapon. So you either went through and converted them all to hand weapons or you counted them as having hand weapons eventhough the unit had spears.

And no one would care.

Now if you were using night goblin models as common goblins or are counting the spears as short bows, then that's something you need to tell your opponent during deployment.

TheWarSmith
10-04-2007, 21:36
I've got my chaos warriors converted like this. They're holding great weapons(actually similar to darth maul weapons) and shields on their back. I've got all combinations(except halberds) covered. They can be great weapons, 2 hand weapons, or hand weapon shield(as all models have hand weapons standard)

Marcel
10-04-2007, 21:39
make sure you declare at the beginning of each combat, precisely what you are using. i nearly got run out of town on a rail because i didnt.

dodicula
10-04-2007, 21:46
One thing I've done that works really well (if you can find the bits) is to add weapons markers, i.e. have a barrel/cart/pony with great weapons,spears... sticking out of it/tied to it mounted on a small separate base, make 2 or 3 per unit and stick them between models or walking along side the unit