PDA

View Full Version : worst 7th edition army book

Follower of Zork
12-04-2007, 15:36
which of the new army books do you think is the worst

Franco
12-04-2007, 17:55
Surprisingly, GW have made pritty good jobs on the latest army books. Is the WE army book new???

TheWarSmith
12-04-2007, 17:57
debatable if Wood elves are a "7th" edition book. Same with dwarves really.

laughingman
12-04-2007, 18:05
Well my vote is ocrs and gobbos.

god octo
12-04-2007, 18:11
Surprisingly, GW have made pritty good jobs on the latest army books. Is the WE army book new???

The WE book was realised before 7th ed was even considered, so it is most definitely not up to date. However, I believe that the dwarf army book was made with the 7th ed changes in mind, so that is up to date.

pcgamer72
12-04-2007, 18:32
I threw my vote in for O&G, but I don't they are hopeless by any means. Just not quite as powerful as the other two.

Stouty
12-04-2007, 18:43
I voted O&G as the worst book by I don't think they're a bad book by anyone's standards. They kicked gobbos in the balls somewhat but beefed out orcs. Boarboyz got nerfed but then the whole army got waaaagh!!!! so I think it balances out.

I hope that most of the books stay close to how these first 7th ed books are, in terms of power at least. Nothing has really stood out as broken, just the odd moan here and there (though most of them are justified).

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
12-04-2007, 20:35
Well OnG are certainly the worst book from the 3.

Greetz
G

Onisuzume
12-04-2007, 20:43
Empire, 'cuz they don't support Ulric anymore.

Gorbad Ironclaw
12-04-2007, 20:45
The WE book was realised before 7th ed was even considered, so it is most definitely not up to date. However, I believe that the dwarf army book was made with the 7th ed changes in mind, so that is up to date.

Sort of. It was made with some of the changes in mind, but the process is to long and the rules go through to many changes for it to be called a 7th ed book.

blurred
12-04-2007, 20:56
Definitely the new Empire book. No new magic items, no improving of things that desperately needed improving and lots of new gadgets which we didn't really need. *Sigh*

Shank
12-04-2007, 21:38
Of the 3, the Empire book is most definitely the worst. The only things I really like about the new book are the new Priest rules. Other than that, they really just weakened the whole army. Helblaster, Steam Tank, Huntsman (no longbows, must take 10), Inner Circle now special, no infantry can take a magic banner, not even Greatswords, Flagellants T3, no Fusilade with pistoliers, White Wolf hammer gone (choppas got Better!!), and the list goes on.
"New" gadgets were what we got, and many of them silly. The Engineer is still a poor hero choice. And lets not forget about that "Mechanical Steed". What the heck do you do with that? They made the Empire much weaker in terms of Close Combat. Everything new pretty much is shooting.
Really, the Dwarf book is by far the best, and O&G is also very good. I really do not know why people complain about the O&G book.

sulla
12-04-2007, 22:02
I voted O&G. The armylist isn't bad... pretty good actually if you ask me. A very good infantry list with fun support elements.

But the background is dull. So was the previous one for that matter. I suppose with so many unit types and special rules, the writers were starved for space to expand on the character of the army but I found it very soulless and empty feeling.

Zoned
12-04-2007, 22:18
To Shank:

While the Empire definitely lost some things, they gained lots of useful things too:

- as you mentioned, better Priests
- cheaper infantry (including command for some)
- Greatswords and Inner Circle Knights no longer 0-1
- Pistoliers can shoot twice on the move (also got musicians now!)
- Flagellants can be Core and have cool Martyrdom rules

Some things definitely got depowered, but rightly so as they were just overpowered and/or silly - namely the Steamtank and Hellblaster. But to each his own! Good gaming!

Zoned

Cherrystone
12-04-2007, 23:18
Orcs and Goblins as the balance between its choices is totally skewed. Orcs are too cheap for what they are + over powered choppas, Goblins arnt worth it compared to them.

((i think the same can be said for empire swordsman compared to spears/halberds: +1 point for extra WS and I and shield. There is little internal balance)

John Wayne II
12-04-2007, 23:23
I don't think any of them are particularly bad. I have the Dwarf and Greenskin books and they seem ok, the Dwarf one is better IMO, and the only thing that really annoys me about the O&G is the huge, pointless space taken by all those pictures of models we have seen a thousand times. And nothing approaching a painting or hobby guide, although that's an accusation you could direct at any of the recent army books.

Can't comment on the new Empire but they seem ok from what I've heard.

Although I'm sure some people feel much more strongly towards the O&G book....

*pulls up a chair and waits for Heretic Burner to go on a rant about the new O&G book*

jullevi
13-04-2007, 00:10
Orc book is poorly written. I almost like the armylist, but the book itself is very bad.

Empire book is a collection of wasted opportunities. The army is still good and playable, but the amount of bad decisions made for this book (especially the armylist) are something i am not willing understand.

Both armybooks released after 7th edition could have been much better. Currently they are two of the worst armybooks released in years, IMO.

Lander
13-04-2007, 00:22
Hmmm. The Orcs and Goblins just because of the Goblin downgrade. Empire is a good rewrite imo the only thing I was hoping they where going to get was a couple new magic items, but then again the fixed the older ones. As far as no support to Ulric, you can always field an Ulric army using the core book. It would look pretty good on the table top. Dwarfs are fine my two let downs with them are minor. Wish Miners were still core and Rangers had foresters.:D

Heretic Burner
13-04-2007, 00:24
Complete no-brainer, of course its O&G.

Lord_Byron
13-04-2007, 05:10
I vote orcs, based simply on their mediocre choices of magic items. While there are a couple of good weapons, most are heavily situational or goblin only. Their armor choices are a complete joke. The talismans they have are good, but extremely limited. Arcane items are bad, enchanted items seem priced to disallow decent combos, and finally, plenty of good magic standards that only a few units in the entire army have the option of taking. 3 Goblin only magic standards, when only a goblin battle standard bearer can take one? Bad show.

Goldenwolf
13-04-2007, 05:47
It has to be Orcs and Goblins. They were not a powerful army by any means, and got nerfed gobbos, and animosity got doubled, with almost no chance to suppress it. I am not playing my O&G again until they fix the animosity rule, as 1/3 of screwing your plans is just too ridiculous.

Rant begins:

Please don't give me that STUPID CRAP about the O&G being random and fun to play because of that. Spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars on minis, painting and modeling them, and then being told "Oops if you're stupid enough to have spent money on that army I guess you'll have to buy another one now" really makes me see what is wrong with GW.

Now that the guy who created the army book doesn't play that army or even really like it tells me they want that army to be unplayable. It's bad too, as I had never bothered to get another army, just 10,000 points of orcs. Oh well EBay will be happy, and I guess I can always play Warmachine.

Rant over.[dice0]

Rioghan Murchadha
13-04-2007, 05:57
2 words.. Pidgeon bombs.

oh, and that horrible excuse for a fallout boy fan that is the new Kurt Hellborg. Could you squeeze any more skulls onto the model? We know you're a badass Kurt.. at least when your mom lets you out past 9...

Franco
13-04-2007, 12:42
Why is the O&G book the worst???
I think it is a pritty good army book. It is more organised, some improvements, spider riders are back, cheaper models (pts).

VampireOfKhorne
13-04-2007, 13:50
Why is the O&G book the worst???
I think it is a pritty good army book. It is more organised, some improvements, spider riders are back, cheaper models (pts).\

Boar boyz, an aleady iffy choice, gained a large point increase, for no benefit (supposedly because 7th was supposed to tone down cavalry.... yeah, they really stuck to that plan :rolleyes: ).

Big'uns, got the same unneeded (and crippling) point increase.

Orc boyz, who were already decent got a huge improvement (over-powered choppa rules, full benefit of waaagh! and animosity, etc...).

Goblins were hugely nerfed by a 50% point increase, as well as coming with light armo instead of shields (aparently for model reasons... :wtf:... of all the stupid reasons....), they lost there extra heros, they lost there 2 per slot chariots, they are more crippled then benefitted by the new waagh and animosity rules.

Black orcs come with (and pay for) both great weapon and 2 hand weapons, despite the fact that no-one would ever take both. They also lost quell animosity (Read: New O&G = Over-priced game of Yhatzee).

Oh yeah, my vote goes for O&G. Just for what they did to the Stank, I couldn't be happier with the new empire.

Asrai Wraith
13-04-2007, 13:56
My vote is O&G. They seem to have made most of the units in 6th Edition even worse in 7th Edition. I agree with Lord Byron that their magic items are poor, and I think they need to make the Boar Boyz either stronger or cheaper.

Horus84
13-04-2007, 14:43
bit eairly for this really IMO. 7th has only been out 6 months and only two army books have been written for it; namely Orc and Empire.

I know dwarfs where redone "recently", but think about it and it was 9 months apart and written by a developer that left the company before it even came out. I won't go in to the WE book as that was a full year older than 7th. I can't see how they where written for it when the development team where putting the finishing touches to 7th right up to May 2007.

Vattendroppe
13-04-2007, 14:59
None of them is my vote. I like all the new armybooks.

The Dark One
13-04-2007, 17:13
i don't think there is anything overly wrong with any of them

exsulis
13-04-2007, 17:52
I rather like the new books.

Marcel
13-04-2007, 17:59
i think the new orc models in the orc army book are lousy, so naturally i guffawed at the entire "BUY US DAMMIT" section of the book. for some reason, i dont consider WFB orcs to be true orcs. now Space Orks are real orcs. argue with me, i dare you, convince me that orcs would rank up, do it!

Lander
13-04-2007, 23:54
The Chariot thing with gobbos is retarded, not to metion the points raise on trolls. Also the complete lack of Magic armor :wtf: .

NakedFisherman
14-04-2007, 00:01
Dwarfs, because of the power creep they created.

Venkh
14-04-2007, 02:10
Dwarfs for Thorek.

The normal anvil was bad enough, but an anvil three times more powerful for such a measly points increase is insane.

He will be ruining tournaments for years to come.

StormCrow
14-04-2007, 02:27
I've don't see enough wrong with the new army books to say one is the worst. They all have faults and improvements, which is exactly what i would've expected.

intellectawe
14-04-2007, 06:26
Dwarfs for Thorek.

The normal anvil was bad enough, but an anvil three times more powerful for such a measly points increase is insane.

He will be ruining tournaments for years to come.

So will any army with reserve units, as they will ruin dwarf armies running Thorek for years to come. Nothing says loving like an Ogre Kingdom Gorger killing a 500+ model on a charge with a single hit. Or Tomb Scorpion. Or Way Watchers. Etc....

Like Tomb Kings, the OG army book is very powerful, but your average player never actually realizes the book's full potential. The OG book is easily over powered. The Empire book was a waste of space and time, adding nothing new a 5 dollar pdf couldn't have done.

Lady's Champion
14-04-2007, 12:12
Definitely Empire- I made a list the other day, no magic items that I wanted. Disappointing.

Da Boyzz
14-04-2007, 13:34
I don't know about anyone else, but up until the empire book came out, i had a mate who Raved AND Raved about his empire hellblaster killing my WiP HoC army, the moment the new book came out and the hellblaster was nullified, i havent heard a single bad comment about my army choice since :]

I think the empire book was great, since it stopped that monster of a machine running loose on my army. hehehe

Anyway, my vote is for O&G, because i think animosity is Stupid! I am sick and tired of people saying that it makes it more fun and fluffy! Orcs and OrKs for that matter, would not fight between themself while they have the oppurtunity to kill an 'umie.

Horus84
14-04-2007, 13:53
the moment the new book came out and the hellblaster was nullified

eh? The hellblaster got better. Less points and str 5 (i think) at all ranges rather than just short range.

As for me. I feel that both the Empire and Orc and Goblin army books have been solid. The empire one I feel got better with the return of some really missed units and improvment for unit that where unit till now under used. Yeah they did not get more magic items but they have a lot ot begin with - also Van Horstmans speculum got better for only a little price increase (5pts?)

As for the Orc and Gobbos list. Again it get better in some respect and tone a little in others. I have night goblin army and have only lost a few times; about 3 in 20+ games. Once to a Dwarf Gun line and couple times to my brother tournament beastman army. Orc arroow boys are a serious unit to be feared - archers that can take a charger with str4 choppas. YES please. Black Orcs 'armed to da teef' makes them alot better. One thing I have not understood is about how every seems to complain about the spell list? The gobbo one is aswome most spell don't need line of sight and have unlimited range - and Hand of Gorking fananatics is just brutal. As for the lack of magic armour well you can play round it by using a thing called tactics - plus you still have the enchanted shield, which in my book is one of the best items in the game. As for animosity - again something I have not had a problem with and the warggh move comes in very hand with timed properly.

My pennys's. But really I have not found any problems

Stouty
14-04-2007, 14:36
Dwarfs, because of the power creep they created.

But the two books after dwarfs have been weaker so surely it's not powercreep at all (since it's not creeping up)?

skavenguy13
14-04-2007, 15:05
Empire = 40K
O&G = unable to find stuff in the book, some point costs really changed (too much IMO)

So I needed to vote for both... seems the dwarf one got caught in...

Altathir
14-04-2007, 15:13
i thought they did a decent job on the books

Shank
14-04-2007, 16:02
If you are a Orc/Goblin player and you are complaining that animosty is the reason the book isn't good, you obviously have not been playing them for too long. Animosity has plagued the greenskins for as long as I can remember (started playing in 97, that's 5th ed). With the new book, animosty "Clearly" got better. Now you are just as likely to surge forward 6 inches as you are to stay put. And you can call the WAAAGH which is really cool.
Animosity was worse in the old book. One reason why the O&G book is a solid to very good book.

And if you think the Helblaster got "better" in the new Empire book (someone said that many posts ago I think), try using it one day. Really, it is now kind of useless, and when you look at what Dwarfs have, it got toned down way, way too much.

Horus84
14-04-2007, 17:10
The hellblaster did not change apart from getting rid of the whole str5 only at short range and making it str 5 at all ranges. Please tell how this is worse?

Refardeon
14-04-2007, 17:21
And if you think the Helblaster got "better" in the new Empire book (someone said that many posts ago I think), try using it one day. Really, it is now kind of useless, and when you look at what Dwarfs have, it got toned down way, way too much.

Playing Empire since 4th ed. (old days) i can tell you about the so *nerfed*
hellblaster gun. There were day's in past, where the rules for now would have saved my day, rather then sucking under older rules. It is in time a very powerful weapon, just really changing its targeting priorities. Now better than last book, at least imho.

Back to topic;) There is no book really worse -as noticed before; only minor failures in every book due to rules and/or army list entries not matching the background/style of an army:rolleyes:

Just my thoughts to the question.

MfG Refardeon

Revlid
14-04-2007, 17:25
Playing Empire since 4th ed. (old days) i can tell you about the so *nerfed* hellblaster gun.

So, uh, do. I think he was asking how it was nerfed, not how badly it was nerfed.

To answer the question, the Helblaster now has to roll to Hit.

Also, None Of Them.

Gazak Blacktoof
14-04-2007, 17:32
Orcs and goblins.

The waagh rules are great and i don't mind the gobbo points increase as cheap troops were too cheap in 6th edition.

What i don't like is the points changes for boar boyz along with the way waagh works for cavalry. When there are chariots in the list there is little point in taking cavalry who might die during a waagh.

With the points as they stand they should really get the waagh move automaticaly like black orcs do. Boar boyz are supposed to be big and mean even for orcs.

The empire book failed to recity the engineer which was just stupid but the fact that the orc book made a unit that was half decent unusable is unforgiveable IMO.

Heretic Burner
14-04-2007, 18:26
Animosity was worse in the old book. One reason why the O&G book is a solid to very good book.

No, animosity is clearly worse in the new book. I can't even begin to understand how this isn't obvious. Ignoring for the moment that the chance of squabbling is actually increased they have also made an entire roll of 6 a lurch forward! A single advance element of an opponent (flying unit, fast cavalry, scouts, etc) can destroy the O&G line.

Moving forward is not an advantage. Being forced to turn is not an advantage. Moving units in front of others is not an advantage. Exposing flanks is not an advantage. The new animosity is NOT an advantage.

Animosity is a known, and for the most part, accepted quantity for O&G players (despite the fact it is by far the biggest disadvantage any army in the game faces). The complaint isn't that animosity ruined the book, the complaint is that this version of animosity helped to ruin the book. It is far too destructive to the movement phase.

Clealry the results of the poll show this. The O&G book problems is obvious to the majority of responses! Yes the "no problem" camp has members but we can obvious discard those repsonses as silly, the question was which was worse and the idea that all armies are completely and utterly equal is laughable. Not even GW will say that!

So looking at the remaining responses we see O&G ahead by an enormous margin. It's a disaster, GW has to know this by now. Amazing how an army that just was released already needs a new book more than armies that haven't had anything for years. Pathetic really.

gorenut
14-04-2007, 18:44
I think both books are great. O&G finally feel like the aggressive army I always thought they shoulda been. Orc Boyz finally are something to be feared. I can understand some gobbo players feeling the shaft. My only complaint with the book is the uneccessary increase to Boar Boyz's points.

The Empire book is really solid and has overall improved the Empire's performance... but I can't help but feel like they really missed a lot of opportunities. The Orc book was nice because it dynamically changed the feel of the army. The Empire book seems like they just made simple ammendments here and there. I would have really liked them to do more with changing the composition of the army depending on your general. I think that would represent Empire better. It seems like they started it off with the Archlector and Warrior priests.. but just left it as that. They could have done so much more such as allowing a unit of Greatswords count as core for every "Count" or captain in the army. As it stands now, GW has just made the Empire army lists way more predictable because Archlector is just too much of an attractive choice compared to the other choices. I personally don't like that. I would like them to give people more incentive to taking other generals.

In the end.. the Empire list just doesn't feel as vast as it should be. I'm not asking for totally different army lists, but like I said, just having different troop upgrades or moves in slots depending on general would have been nice. Also doing something with the knights to make them more characterful. So while I think the Empire list is more solid, I think the Orcs got a more fun upgrade in army list.

zak
14-04-2007, 20:49
I've been impressed with all of the new books released so far and I only include Orcs and Empire in that group as Dwarfs are still based around the old four frontage on all of their shots. I think that once a few more books have been released we will have a better view of how good/bad the books are.

Shimmergloom
14-04-2007, 22:51
If you are a Orc/Goblin player and you are complaining that animosty is the reason the book isn't good, you obviously have not been playing them for too long. Animosity has plagued the greenskins for as long as I can remember (started playing in 97, that's 5th ed). With the new book, animosty "Clearly" got better. Now you are just as likely to surge forward 6 inches as you are to stay put. And you can call the WAAAGH which is really cool.

Yeah. Ok. Yeah.

Losing quell animosity, having D6 models die when you call a Waagh! and roll a 1. Having 6 rolls make your units go chasing after bait units and blocking your other units, killing your own models when you put a black orc in the unit, being unable to even consider putting a black orc in a cav unit or big'un unit cause you can't afford to go killing 30+pt models when you roll a 1. Losing the flag of bork. Then having the points cost go up for everything other than basic orcs and trolls.

Yeah. Animosity got better.

Grudgebringer88
14-04-2007, 23:56
Yes, animosity got much worse in the sense of losing control over your army. Animostity can and usually will ruin your well thought out battle plan. I agree with you that much is indeed obvious.

As unpredicatable as this is for the O&G player, it is just as unpredicatable for his opponent. He cannot ever feel that he has placed his units just outside of your charge range. He must always consider that on any turn you can call for the Waaaggghh! and at least one of your units is guaranteed to move forward and charge his units with choppas. Sure it sucks when you roll a 1, but it's warhammer, bad things happen all the time. If my opponent wants to bait my units, that's fine with me. I usually have about 12-13 deployments and none of which are very expensive.

My point is that I don't personally feel that animosity ruins an Orc and Goblins army. I find they are still a viable army and certainly should not be considered the worst 7th edition book.

sirhuma
15-04-2007, 00:48
I voted for goblins because I hate how they took away the extra heros for the all goblin army.

Shank
15-04-2007, 06:38
The Helblaster got worse because you roll the artillery dice and then you have to roll to hit. So, with a BS of 3 those are fives at long range. Plus, the damn thing blows up on the misfire chart on a 1 and 6. Yes, str 5 is nice, but this thing never lasts more than a turn or 2. And usually kills, ohh, maybe 3 or 4 models.

Rolling a 6 for anomosity is a good thing. Orcs should be charging forward, that is why the Choppa are so nasty. I have gotten caught a few times by Orc players who roll a 6 for anomosity, move up a few inches and are now in charge range of my units. Plus they can call the Waaagh. I play with quite a few Orc players and they like the new rules.

Boar boyz were too cheap in the last edition. Now they are priced about right. T4 and your Mount is str 5 on a charge, plain scarey.

Hazhumie
15-04-2007, 13:51
Without having read the Dwarves book, gotta go with the O&G. One of my longtime opponents (pointy-ear player) laughed after reading it and quipped that GW must not want to sell many gobbos.

Horus84
15-04-2007, 18:14
Still don't see the problem with the hellblaster - it has always been pretty unliable and prone to blowing up. That's part of it's back ground. As for BS3 stick and enginner in there and your be laughing. I seen hellblaster deverstate a unit per turn when they work.

Ganymede
15-04-2007, 18:29
The Empire book is really solid and has overall improved the Empire's performance... but I can't help but feel like they really missed a lot of opportunities.

I can't agree with you more.

Is the new empire army stronger? Yes!

Is the new empire army better? No

The empire army has gotten some much deserved price breaks, a slew of item discounts, and now has its own UKGT top tier list. Unfortunately, they also got a no-brainer lord choice, still no reason to take spears or halberds, and an ill-concieved engineer. So much potential was wasted.

Cherrystone
15-04-2007, 19:03
GW need to reconsider how they point the troops. To me this is ythe major failing in the last two books; orcs compared to goblins, and empre spearmen/halberdiers compared to swordsman. There seems no thought has been put into it.

Warlord_Grotsnik
15-04-2007, 19:45
\

Boar boyz, an aleady iffy choice, gained a large point increase, for no benefit (supposedly because 7th was supposed to tone down cavalry.... yeah, they really stuck to that plan :rolleyes: ).

Big'uns, got the same unneeded (and crippling) point increase.

Orc boyz, who were already decent got a huge improvement (over-powered choppa rules, full benefit of waaagh! and animosity, etc...).

Goblins were hugely nerfed by a 50% point increase, as well as coming with light armo instead of shields (aparently for model reasons... :wtf:... of all the stupid reasons....), they lost there extra heros, they lost there 2 per slot chariots, they are more crippled then benefitted by the new waagh and animosity rules.

Black orcs come with (and pay for) both great weapon and 2 hand weapons, despite the fact that no-one would ever take both. They also lost quell animosity (Read: New O&G = Over-priced game of Yhatzee).

Oh yeah, my vote goes for O&G. Just for what they did to the Stank, I couldn't be happier with the new empire.

I'm right beside you mate. But I feel that the Empire book should have been made better, halberdiers are as useless as ever as parent units.

Crazy Harborc
15-04-2007, 20:08
House rules can change problems, erase defects in rules. Agreements (in writing IS best) that are arrived at in advance don't hold water at "official events". They CAN make the rules and armybooks more "playable". The hard part is keeping those 'house rules" fair to bothe sides, to all opponents involved.;)

Having said that........I voted NONE of the books is bad. My regular opponents and I are happy (over all). We are coming up with ideas we would prefer (house rules, maybe?). NO WAY do we want rewrites anytime soon.

Shank
16-04-2007, 04:54
Engineers with the Helblaster "seem" like a good idea, but it isn't. To boost your BS to 4, you use up a valuble hero slot. Also, if you use the Engineers ability, and the Helblaster misfires (which it will), then blows up (which it will), the Engineer is killed. Just too risky.

I don't hate the Empire book, so don't get me wrong. It is just that the Orc/Goblin book is better and the Dwarf book is way, way better!

gorenut
16-04-2007, 09:54
I guess you should have specified on what you define as a good or bad book. I think you can have a strong/solid book and have it be linear and boring.. I'd equate that more in the territory of bad. If you can make an army which can viably play in so many different ways and minimize on "no-brainer" choices, I think that equates as a good book, even if it is not the strongest list.

ekxw
16-04-2007, 10:19
uhmm orc and goblins have win a lot, in the new edition wont be the 2x1 in charriots, got it?

and wont be all the heros you want per hero slot, and no more 200 miniatures army, 2 points its to cheap for a miniature, also the heavy calvary will be cut,

and now you can say i cant make my army a 150 goblins units with all calvary, and warmachines, that was the idea, if you make a balanced army you can beat empire and dwarfs, those are the books that the list were made for, you will see that have some differents units helps a lot, or you think sqigs are worst, the war machines and the spider riders are worst?, the waghhh rule its way baaad only i have to wait one turn less my enemy shooting at me, and i have stregth 4 in the first turn with my ork of 6 points.

dont compare the new books with the old ones, there will be a price increase in all the heavy chivaldry units, no more charriots circus, if you want to play herohammer or fliying circus please change to 40 k.

warhammer isnt a game for only chivaldry, the infantry is the important part.

xiau
16-04-2007, 13:12
vote goes to orcs im afraid, just didn't think it was written well, and some of the items are plain bad, you'd think rumaging savage brutes would have ransacked all sorts of places and brought back awsum artifacts, but no...

VampireOfKhorne
16-04-2007, 13:51
dont compare the new books with the old ones, there will be a price increase in all the heavy chivaldry units, no more charriots circus, if you want to play herohammer or fliying circus please change to 40 k.

Hehehe.....

Really? No more "chariot circus" you say? O&G can still take 8 chariots at 2k, thats more boar chariots then before.

Cutting heavy cavalry? Yeah, because empire heavy cavalry is sooooo nerfed. :rolleyes:

Oh, and learn some grammer, there are whole sections of your post that no-one can read.

ekxw
16-04-2007, 14:04
uhmm im from spain and the last english class was about 9 years ago so, i cant do it better, lately im having trouble with grammar, only hear films and series makes you try to write like it sounds, thats the pronlem XD.

well you can make a 4 charriot army but you wont get any special units and all your heros will go on charriot that way.

i think empire knights must cost more, but inner circle now its a special unit so more or less they have stoped it.

and i always try to play fair not gun line, or all calvary army, if not in a tournament i wont never play against that kind of hard ass people

VampireOfKhorne
16-04-2007, 14:14
uhmm im from spain and the last english class was about 9 years ago so, i cant do it better, lately im having trouble with grammar, only hear films and series makes you try to write like it sounds, thats the pronlem XD.

Fair enough.

i think empire knights must cost more, but inner circle now its a special unit so more or less they have stoped it.

They don't cost more. Inner circle may be special, but they are no longer 0-1, so while taking them means you have less other stuff, you can now have up to 4 units.

Horus84
16-04-2007, 14:40
see I don't really personally count the Dwarf book as been writen for 7th ed. Though I do think it is a good army book. My only grip with it now and when it came out is the fact the Organ Gun does not have to roll to hit. It just does not make sense to me - esp when all other missle weapons have to roll to hit (even if is uning the scatter die). It is also a problem that, as I understand it, the developers have admitted as over powered and won't be doing with other similar weapons.

Warlord_Grotsnik
17-04-2007, 08:31
Don't know who voted this thread a "one", does it offend you we don't approve of GW's decisions?