PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Movie

eleveninches
12-04-2007, 16:02
Which part of warhammer background fluff would you most like to see made into a movie?

HISTORICAL TALES(in chronological order):
Coming of the old ones/hibernation of the dragons/birth of elfs dwarfs and slaan
Destruction of the old ones/Coming of Chaos
War Against Chaos
The Sundering
War of the Beard
Fall of the Dwarves
Rise and fall of settra
Rise and fall of Nagash
Rise of the Vampires
Coming of Sigmar/Battle of Black Fire Pass
Rise of the Empire/Adventures of Sigmar
Magnus' War against Chaos/Founding of collages of magic
Conquest of the New World

MODERN TALES
Gotrek and Felix
Von Carstein Trillogy
Shadowblade
Storm of Chaos
Konrad Saga
Ambassador Trillogy
Vampire Genevieve
Other special-charachter movies (e.g. archaon movie, van horstman movie etc...)

The Dark One
12-04-2007, 16:06
i would like to see the konrad saga done as a film or a film about Nagash

Corai
12-04-2007, 16:18
I think one of the better books would be the way to go. the'd need to finmd a way to incorporate as much of a massive world like the Warhammer world in one movie, so I think Trollslayer would be a good bet, as it encompasses a number of differant parts.

Thanks
Corai

Dspankdo
12-04-2007, 16:21
I think the ambassador books would be my choice, that or riders of the dead. I think those 2 books portray the Warhammer world the best, completely devoid of any high fantasy themes.

Jedi152
12-04-2007, 16:23
I'm biased, but i think that the Blood on the Reik trilogy would make an amazing movie.

It's got everything Hollywood needs: A romantic sub-plot, a kick **** witch-hunter, plenty of cultists thrown in and a good ending. It's got just the right amount of action to keep mainstream audiences watching, but not too much that people think that Warhammer is just all war.

What more do you want?

vampires are cool!
12-04-2007, 16:32
The von Carstien trilogy would be nice, however I'd love to see Brian Blessed as Gotrek.

Agoz
12-04-2007, 16:39
personally I believe that a Storm of Chaos movie would best represent all of the warhammer world, after all, its got some of the coolest charactors and battles ever! The final battle between Valten and Archeon anyone? although im not sure about the bit with grimgor...:eyebrows:

vampires are cool!
12-04-2007, 16:43
Grimgore... played by Ron Pearlman!

Corai
12-04-2007, 17:31
Storm of chaos would be so epic that it would take several movies though. Something unlikely (even in a fantasy reality where a warhammer movie is even possible) to be risked financially. Although maybe something for the power behind the throne WFRP books would work. Trouble in Bogenhafen could be a ncie primer for the central ideas of chaos etc

Thanks
Corai

Angry Lawyer
12-04-2007, 17:37
The ultimate Warhammer film would be the introduction of Mark of Chaos, but two hours long. Non-stop fighting in CG. Oooh yeaaaahh!

-Angry Lawyer

Lady's Champion
12-04-2007, 17:42
I think a Warhammer film IS possible, if a well thought of director/ film company took on the project committedly. However, I suspect GW would be allowed little involvement after the selling of the rights.

VanHel
13-04-2007, 04:00
I would love to see it, but I don't think it would work as a movie or would be a tremendous flop.

Rodman49
13-04-2007, 06:14
Definitely the Great War Against Chaos. Teclis was completely badass in that conflict and Magnus had the biggest Imperial army ever assembled.

snurl
13-04-2007, 06:17
Demonslayer has enough spectacle and adventure elements to make a possibly good film with a bit of cgi added.

TheWarSmith
13-04-2007, 06:25
Definitely the Great War Against Chaos. Teclis was completely badass in that conflict and Magnus had the biggest Imperial army ever assembled.

Agreed. Imagine the awesome scene as the battle is brought to the gates of Kislev and the 200 dwarves charge out of the gates.

Da GoBBo
13-04-2007, 07:24
Nagash! as long as it's not a tolkien rip-off but more of subtle thriller. Followed by the rise of the vampires, which should be all about politics.

Grymlok
13-04-2007, 12:11
I'd have to say the fall of the dwaves. I could imagine that could be done well as a film. Obviously the destruction of the Slann by the forces of chaos would make for some great scenes like when Kroak held of against all those greater Daemons. It wouldn't get made though, as I'm sure Lizardmen wouldn't feature in any warhammer film.

eleveninches
13-04-2007, 13:15
Most of the good warhammer periods or black library franchises could easily be stretched over 3 movies.

I remember there was once a lot of rumour about a 40k movie based on bloodquest, but nothing ever came of that. A WHFB movie might be cheaper, but still cost a lot. Just look at how much LOTR cost, and a warhammer movie trillogy ought to be at least that expensive if it was done well. Maybe when warhammer's popularity grows in america a bit more, hollywood will take notice and fund a WHFB movie.

My favourates for a movie trillogy:

War against chaos/Sundering of the elves
Saga of Sigmar
Storm of Chaos
Gotrek and Felix
Von Carstein Trillogy
Shadowblade

DeathlessDraich
13-04-2007, 13:39
Anna Nicole Smith as a Witch Elf, Forest Whitaker as a Slann, Woody Allen as Skarsnik, Denzel Washington as a Black Orc Big Boss and Walter Matthau as a Treeman Ancient.:p

Asrai Wraith
13-04-2007, 13:49
Any Gotrek and Felix book in my opinion would make a great film.
However, a film about the Battle of Black Fire Pass would be good. Two hours of non stop fighting!!!!!!

Varath- Lord Impaler
13-04-2007, 14:58
The war of the beard.

There would be absolutly no comparison. The war of the beard would kick ultimate ass.

Although you'd hav eto have 2 movies,

The war of the beard and the war of vengeace, each filling in the blanks for the other but still leaving alot of grey area.

Altathir
14-04-2007, 15:26
To be perfectly honest i hope that they never make a movie that has anything to do with warhammer fantasy cuz in my opinion they wouldnt be able to get it right.

DarkLord Of Naggaroth
14-04-2007, 17:50
I would want them to follow an adventure that isn't in the proper fluff. just following made up characters. And humans armies wouldn't work, people would just shout out LOTR!

If it were animated think it would be pretty good.
It should be very gorey and not a family film
however it should be watchable and understandable to people who have never even heard of the hobby.

If they did a series of films on the darkblade novels they would be great

but I dont want it to have an Eragon feel, the book was good but the film was terrible. mainly because they tried to do what the classic boxoffice film does, and it didn't work. it should be darker

and it should be made, if there are any directors with friends in high places this would be the time to raise your hand.

Brother Siccarius
15-04-2007, 06:10
Which part of warhammer background fluff would you most like to see made into a movie?

HISTORICAL TALES(in chronological order):
Coming of the old ones/hibernation of the dragons/birth of elfs dwarfs and slaan
Destruction of the old ones/Coming of Chaos
War Against Chaos
The Sundering
War of the Beard
Fall of the Dwarves
Rise and fall of settra
Rise and fall of Nagash
Rise of the Vampires
Coming of Sigmar/Battle of Black Fire Pass
Rise of the Empire/Adventures of Sigmar
Magnus' War against Chaos/Founding of collages of magic
Conquest of the New World

MODERN TALES
Gotrek and Felix
Von Carstein Trillogy
Shadowblade
Storm of Chaos
Konrad Saga
Ambassador Trillogy
Vampire Genevieve
Other special-charachter movies (e.g. archaon movie, van horstman movie etc...)

Gotrek and Felix

Storm of chaos doesn't even deserve a footnote. We dark side players really stunk it up (with the exception of Dark Elves who kicked it with the Lizardmen). That they had to push the campaign dispite our losses was a, deserved, insult.

TheWarSmith
15-04-2007, 06:43
Anna Nicole Smith as a Witch Elf, Forest Whitaker as a Slann, Woody Allen as Skarsnik, Denzel Washington as a Black Orc Big Boss and Walter Matthau as a Treeman Ancient.:p

Other than the fact that we'd have to bring 2 people back from the dead......

I think comparing a hypothetical WHFB movie to anything LOTR like would be really optimistic. Let's just shoot for a 1 time movie and go from there.