PDA

View Full Version : Dragonrune orcs, rules to use?

fritsk
12-04-2007, 17:31
Ok, I got the O&G book, and I am thinking of picking up the upcoming megabox. However, I am also thinking of using Dragonrune's Urgzahk and his bodyguard orcs as the baddest of the bunch. However, the box will have both normal orcs and black orcs, so what can I use 'as is' for Urgzahk's bodyguards to make them even badder than black orcs? The ogre rules maybe, if they are allowed to be used with O&G's that is?

Any help will be welcome.
I do not intend to participate in tournaments, but I would like to have them fit into the rules somehow.

Thanks,
Frits

Angry Lawyer
12-04-2007, 17:36
Your best bet would be to have them as Black Orcs, but give them shields while not giving shields to the other units of Black Orcs, and give them a magic banner, too. Something fighty.

-Angry Lawyer

untimention
12-04-2007, 17:40
the orcs are to big to be black orcs each one is larger then a warboss. however the Urgzahk model makes a great warlord. I have mine mounted in a boar chariot with lots of accessories to make him stand out. I kind of grimgor model

Angry Lawyer
12-04-2007, 17:43
How big is too big? Do they fit on the standard 25mm base?

-Angry Lawyer

untimention
12-04-2007, 17:54
they dont no, there too big for those bases and just the general look of the model looks ab-normal to the rest of an orc army. Thats why i have just used the character as a big mean orc warboss

TheWarSmith
12-04-2007, 18:02
Try basing them on 25x50s and having each one count as 2(or 50x50s for 4 if they're that big).

They could be Big'uns of some sort?

fritsk
12-04-2007, 18:13
They could be Big'uns of some sort?

That might be an idea. I don't see any black orc big'uns in the rules, but looking at the other orcs they might have the same stats as a black orc boss, but having just one attack? This could work. They will probably need bigger bases, so their increased strength will be compensated by having less of them per cm of frontage.

giner
13-04-2007, 00:39
Just use the troll rules if they're ogre sized.

gORCUS
13-04-2007, 03:24
I'd lean toward ogre DoW, a much better representation than trolls as ogres have armor, weapons, and don't generally vomit all over the place or regenerate. Ironguts would be one rare choice also, but maneaters would certainly represent truly elite orcs better, at a very steep cost of both rare slots and a high points cost, but with customizable weapons options.

Shimmergloom
13-04-2007, 04:07
I think ogre bull or ironguts rules are the best idea for incorporating a unit of those huge dragonrune orcs into your horde.

I have the dragonrune warlord, who I also have in a chariot in my O&G army. He is way too huge to have in a 25mm base.

But on 40mm bases, yeah that would work great. Orc Ogres. I like the sound of that.

TheWarSmith
13-04-2007, 04:09
That might be an idea. I don't see any black orc big'uns in the rules, but looking at the other orcs they might have the same stats as a black orc boss, but having just one attack? This could work. They will probably need bigger bases, so their increased strength will be compensated by having less of them per cm of frontage.

I'm pretty sure black orcs ARE bigun's.

jansenm
13-04-2007, 04:28
is there pic to these orcs?

TheWarSmith
13-04-2007, 05:19
http://dragonrune.com/DRHome/

Marcel
13-04-2007, 05:23
those are almost as lousy as GW current orcs, so i say go for it!

TheWarSmith
13-04-2007, 05:51
did you look at Urghzahk? He's awesome.

Marcel
13-04-2007, 06:28
ehh... hes too static for an orc. but im a 40k ork guy, so my idea of orkdom is slightly different for y'all's

fritsk
13-04-2007, 09:03
Ogre DoW's. Hmmm, I'll need to take a sneakpeek at some rulebooks at my club next time I get the chance.