PDA

View Full Version : Ork unit you would most like to see made/remade?

misterboff
12-04-2007, 18:13
What would you pick and why?

My top 3 would be:

1. Fast Attack - the old Gorkamorka stuff hasn't fit in with the rest of the range for years

2. Plastic Grots - every Ork player should have some Grots to soak up enemy fire/get stomped over

3. Cyborks - an awesome unit for the points cost IMO

misterboff

Locke
12-04-2007, 18:26
1. battlewagon or silly wagon of death, one round usage at most uber vehicle of death

2. sluggaz: these guys cant compete with dire avengers and marines they need an update

3. scarboyz: not much distinction over the basic troopers

dakkaBOOM
12-04-2007, 18:28
plastic grots! as it stands grots are too expensive for what they're worth and converting from WHFB goblins just doesn't fit the bill.

Da Reddaneks
12-04-2007, 18:31
Ork vehicles are utter rubbish at present. I am sincerely looking forward to seeing the the new trucks, bikes, tracks and BOV set.

salty
12-04-2007, 18:38
Some of the Ork tanks and heavy weapons (pulse rokkits, Lungbursta tank etc) from 2nd edition would be very nice.

Salty :)

clarkdobbs112
12-04-2007, 18:38
cyborks, mainly because the rumor is that they'll be gone in the new codex

Budro
12-04-2007, 18:43
No! Say it ain't so! I spent many many hours and dollars converting my cyborks and they make an appearance in every army I field over 1500. Tell me this rumour is baseless. They are the single best unit in the ork codex. If they degrade the technology of orks even further I am going to be severaly pissed.

That said, my list includes plastic grots, trukks/buggies/bikes and the much rumoured BOV kit (i assume that stands for build your vehicle?).

Waaagh Grignak
12-04-2007, 18:44
I think like most players that the vehicles and bikes are the most important things for gw to do, it is criminal that they have been left this long!

Plastic grots is also a must, as im not going to spent 30+ on a unit only worth 70pts at most.

I quite like the basic boyz, and i certainly love converting them to make the units that arent made and even improving on those that are.

The one other thing i'd like is a plastic heavy weapons sprue for the boyz box, the metal ones are overpriced and a bit pants

Warp_touched
12-04-2007, 18:49
The biggest, baddest super gunning battlewagon in the universe!

Joewrightgm
12-04-2007, 19:07
The Dreads and Kans are nice enough models, but come on would a plastic kit for either, especially the smaller kans be so much to ask?

Plastic Nob kit would be out of hand too.

Plastic Grots would be pleasant too.

Darkhorse
12-04-2007, 20:06
Plastic grots from the list above, absolutely essential to an Ork horde, heck fantasy gamers get plastic fanatics!
Other than that, Shock Attack Gun! The ork list seriously lacks anti-tank weaponry/ the ability to use anti-tank weaponry. The Zzap gun struggles to pierce armour 10 and you're gonna have top be lucky to to hit with anything else.

Dreachon
12-04-2007, 20:21
plastic grotz, the others are no problem with some converting.

Onisuzume
12-04-2007, 20:35
Something new. (technically not new as it was there back in 2nd edition...)
Madboyz and Weirdboyz!

I want to see them back.
In the codex that is.

And yeah, plastic grots would be nice. (even though I still got 20 plastic ones which will probably never see any use)

Twaun007
12-04-2007, 20:42
Plastic grotz would be really nice to see. I would also like to see FlashGitz and a new battlewagon.

BloodOrkClanBoss
12-04-2007, 20:44
Plastic Grotz

Shallowain
12-04-2007, 20:47
Something new (technically something rather old)

Shokk Attack Guns!

And I definitely second madboyz.

Son of Makuta
12-04-2007, 21:08
LIFTA DROPPAS!!! (I'm insane enough to actually have written rules for these. If you want me to post 'em I will...)

Other than that, Cyborks. Because there aren't any models for them as far as I'm aware, and the 40K world needs a source of a) cool robot Orks b) bionic bitz for conversions.

Twisted Heretic
12-04-2007, 21:15
Weirdboyz! Definately need those! I would also like to see some dedicated models for Flash Gitz.

Baneboss
12-04-2007, 22:23
Normal troops, shootaz and sluggaz. I hate their too much steroid gorilla look. I like most of the orks metal range but i just cant stand plastic gorillas. If they only changed that i would so collect orks.

Duo
12-04-2007, 22:40
Shokk Attack Gun FTW!

This has always been my favortie 40k weapon of all time. I would always laugh a little when it would get used on one of my rhinos...

"What's that noise back there Brother Horatio?"
"It's those damned snotlings again!"
"How the hell do they keep getting in here?!"

Darnok
12-04-2007, 22:54
I voted for plastic Grots. They are needed. Really.

Other than that: new vehicles (all of them...), plastic Bosses, plastic Dreads (Killakans etc.).

And something new would be nice...

Seth the Dark
12-04-2007, 22:57
It was a toss up between plastice Grots or bikes, so I chose bikes simply because they are pretty ugly.

Maren
12-04-2007, 23:20
Nothing, I actually like the models we have right now, even the dreadnaught people seem to hate, and the buggies.

MadJackMcJack
12-04-2007, 23:25
It's gotta be the grots and fast vehicles. Battlewagons aren't that much of a problem since most ork players just convert the hell out of a leman russ or a land raider, but the lack of decent lighter vehicles is a major sore point. As is the lack of a cheap option for a staple Ork unit.

exsulis
12-04-2007, 23:26
Killa kans, and dreadnoughts all the way.

ancient_conflict
12-04-2007, 23:29
Grotz and the battle waggons

would love to do an all grot army but its far too expensive

yes i spend rediculus amounts of cash of stuff

Stella Cadente
12-04-2007, 23:58
well I like the warboss with chain axe, and the killa kans and dreads (be nice in plastic) but I think the troops need the most attention as there the most important units really, that and the codex lol, some of the other vehicles could do with a polish as well, and maybe plastic Kannons and ZZAP guns, like they did for guard.

MaliGn
13-04-2007, 00:09
I think re working the bikes and buggies is a good idea but the tukks and trax are fine, since they date to approximately the same time as most of the ork range, whereas the bikes and buggies are still a lot older. I do like the idea of a plastic Orky vehicle kit that comes with weelz, trax, gunz, floorz, wallz, boyz etc to be combined at the builder's (in)discretion I know a guy who scratch built his ork buggies out of oil drums and god only knows what else. so having these kind of things on it would be great. Plus I can see it being a really good kit for everyone to buy in order to make terrain and add details to bases.

Plastic Grotz seems good to me, since these runtz are supposed to form a large green screen that the boyz advance behind having them only in metal seems daft since no one will bother buying them, (unless they are horrendously keen to have grotz)

There are however times when a model just isn't broken, so it doesn't need fixing imho the Ork Trukk is one of these, since it forms such a good base for extension and other hair (squig) brained ideas.

Stella Cadente
13-04-2007, 00:47
There are however times when a model just isn't broken, so it doesn't need fixing imho the Ork Trukk is one of these, since it forms such a good base for extension and other hair (squig) brained ideas.

Maybe a new accessories sprue is needed really

MaliGn
13-04-2007, 01:31
Maybe a new accessories sprue is needed really

At the very minimum I think

Corporal Chaos
13-04-2007, 04:06
BOAR BOYZ! Bring them back!

The Dark One
13-04-2007, 09:16
plastic grots
battlewagon
killa kans and dreadnought

the_dark_sarge
13-04-2007, 09:19
i really want to see a plastic squiggoth
that would be really really cool

kieran

Eniac
13-04-2007, 09:23
Everything currently in plastic. And also the grots (although they are sexy are far too expensive models for what they are worth)

So far all the metal orks are ace, always have been, no complaint there. I just think the plastics leave a lot to be desired, what with the new technologies GW are using to make new plastics for other armies.

I suppose the Ork vehicle range is in the biggest need of a complete overhaul, I think their newest vehicles are about 10 years old.

Maleficum
13-04-2007, 09:55
I suppose the Ork vehicle range is in the biggest need of a complete overhaul, I think their newest vehicles are about 10 years old.

Then again, it's really easy finding substitutes and/or scratchbuilding vehicles for orks. :)

keatsmeister
13-04-2007, 10:18
Something new. (technically not new as it was there back in 2nd edition...)
Madboyz and Weirdboyz!

I want to see them back.
In the codex that is.

Motion seconded.

Throw in a Cybork Boss and you're away!:evilgrin:

Warboss Penfra Siabe
14-04-2007, 10:18
The Zzap gun struggles to pierce armour 10 and you're gonna have top be lucky to to hit with anything else.

Um Zzap guns average armour pentration 14 and can go up to 22, I'd personally like more weapon beds for them as it needs wheels. Defiantly plastic grots as their a pretty much must have unit but uneconomical to buy. I'll personally be upset if they release a battlewagon as many people's conversions may no longer be allowed. Oh and a spure for buggies with all the weapon options would be nice.

Maus
14-04-2007, 13:55
Madboys! The old models were so much fun.

The Emperor
14-04-2007, 14:01
Shame on you. No Weirdboyz on the list?

Art Is Resistance
14-04-2007, 14:32
Suddenly there seems to be a visible difference in the ages of posters....

Those who are ahem, older, are going for Madboyz, Wierdboyz & Shokk Attack Gunz,

And I'm with em - just reading the tables for madboys was a laugh - and to try and use them - I lost a few times just through daft actions of a madboys mob..

kaimarion
14-04-2007, 14:42
It would be good to see some new troops because there wat makes the army but then again if they had plastic killa kans or dreadnaughts it would be past awsome......when orks get there new codex am startin an army of them.

RTB01
14-04-2007, 14:52
Shokk Attack Gun without a doubt - or smasha gunz, or deathskull lootas with Kustom Kombi weapons

LirEdinSun
14-04-2007, 18:26
Ork Bikes.

I built one yesterday and hated the head on it so I cut it off and stuck a spare Boyz head on instead, I don't like the 'Gengis Kahn' style hat, I prefer the german helmet style with horns, the new bike model spue should have several head options.

Tank bustas and Bomma boyz should come as one kit, with both stik bomms and tank mines included, that way Tank-bustas no longer need to be made in metal.

Bunnahabhain
14-04-2007, 18:57
Boarboys and madboys. The old shokk attack guns can still ordered, and look good, or build you own....

The battle wagon should never be made to positively encourage conversions. They're so much fun.

Plastic grots would be good as well. My guardsmen need someone to beat in combat.

oneman
15-04-2007, 09:11
Another old git who's going to have to vote for stuff not on the list

Shokk Attakk-Do I need to say anymore with all the other threads?

Madboyz-The name says it all.

Warpheads-Never mind going off half-cocked with Weirdboyz get the full Green stompiness!

Got so many grots I never need to buy another(sorry kids).

Maybe Boarboyz but the idea of pigs when Orks have their own ecology seems wrong in 40K so make 'em Squigridaz and make 'em stompy!

Groksnag
15-04-2007, 12:51
the Warboss stats. he needs to have better than T4, like T5 or maybe even T6. hes the biggest, baddest, strongest Ork right? so why the heck does he have the exact same toughness as a normal Ork?!

Coasty
15-04-2007, 13:26
Just about everything in the codex has to be converted from the basic Boyz box at the mo, so let's have some variety. Skarboyz, mekboyz and mad doks for starters.

And loads and loads of vehicle gubbinz.

Dribble Joy
15-04-2007, 13:41
Ork vehicles are utter rubbish at present. I am sincerely looking forward to seeing the the new trucks, bikes, tracks and BOV set.

I kinda like a lot of the current ork vehicles, it's the crew that are a bit rubbish. And the bigger stuff (ForgeWorld mainly) for orks is awesome.

As to the thread: Though there's many things I would like remade or brought back, the grots really need a plastic kit.

the Warboss stats. he needs to have better than T4, like T5 or maybe even T6. hes the biggest, baddest, strongest Ork right? so why the heck does he have the exact same toughness as a normal Ork?!

Problem is that a WB is probably not quite big enough to survive a krak missle or a lascannon blast.
I'd prefer a toughness upgrade and a adimantium mantle equivalent to a base toughness of 5.

Bregalad
15-04-2007, 13:41
How about piles of casualties in plastic, as you need them so often ;)

*ducks and runs away fast* :)

Warlord_Grotsnik
15-04-2007, 13:51

Probably T5, W4 with ignoring armour saves like a brood lord would be pretty good and fair.

shaso_iceborn
15-04-2007, 13:55
based off of the SAG thread I have to say lots of people want the Shokk Attack gun back

Karloth Valois
15-04-2007, 16:31
All of the vehicles, plastic grots, cyborks, and wyrdboyz :)

Grimdakka
15-04-2007, 16:58
New ork vehicles are a must, of course. I hope the new multi-purpose kit is good. Well it can't be worse than the old dinky stuff. Anyways, parts is parts.

New rules for Bosses. Level them as Boss, Big Boss, and Warboss. Or something like that.

Fix the Kommandos! Let them have the stinking 6+ armour save for crying out loud. Stealthy (bonus cover save and/or roll to spot as night fight). More special weapons (they only get one now). Kustom jobs would also be good (say more dakka sluggas to give them SMG style assault weapons). And the availability to deep strike (pay extra for it like IG storm troopers probably). So far NOTHING the orks have can deep strike (there were tellyporta boyz in Armageddon, but they were a special case).

Plastic grots would also be nice (but then again you can just use fantasy goblins and night goblins for that).