PDA

View Full Version : forgive my cheekyness

SiegeDragon
12-04-2007, 20:50
But...is it true that the official GW forum is gone?
Cause (and slap my silly if I'm wrong) I can't seem to find it ANYWHERE on uk.gw
Anyone?

-Siege

Some guy (UK)
12-04-2007, 20:59
Yep. It was shut down last year (November IIRC), mainly due to all the negative comments about GW posted on it, and sites such as this do it far better, at no cost to them.

The Dark One
12-04-2007, 21:30
it is gone, but this site is much better.
and i forgive you

SiegeDragon
13-04-2007, 08:08
Yeah... I kinda got the fact that communities such as these work way better about..... three years ago. That's kinda why I didn't notice the GW forum going down.

But thanks for the quick reply.

-E

PS: this is not a que to go into discussion about whether or not the gw forum was in anyway good or bad or whether or not warseer rocks hell or not (be it absolutely or just in comparison too any other fora).

blongbling
13-04-2007, 09:17
it wasnt cos of the bad GW comments on there....it was the fact that there are forums like this that have a more active community than the GW one had so why bother to do something that is being done so well elsewhere

Archaon
13-04-2007, 14:33
Because it could have been done easily well if not better there.

It just needed a dedicated forum staff, most of them probably free of charge just because they are dedicated to the hobby, and above all a decent forum software.

It could have been an awesome direct communication tool with the customers to get their input and actually respond to them.
At first it would have been swamped by idiots who just post "GW suxx!!11!" but once you crack down hard on that style it should mellow out and open up the way for a good board.

But they chose not to invest in such a valuable tool, took it down and closed up one of the very few direct links to their customers (as bad as it was).. just goes to show how many blockheads with no sense of a good business strategy are working for GW.

Ozorik
13-04-2007, 15:55
The GW forum was easily the worst I have ever been on. The format was hideous and the place was full of trolls and fanbois.

blongbling
13-04-2007, 15:57
But they chose not to invest in such a valuable tool, took it down and closed up one of the very few direct links to their customers (as bad as it was).. just goes to show how many blockheads with no sense of a good business strategy are working for GW.

im srue a blockhead would be upset by that comment, and i bow before your clear mastery of business strategy...when clearly a decision like this would have been on an operational level and not strategic...strategic would be more about there whole web presence

james1225
13-04-2007, 23:53
The forum was rubbish and they were getting too many posts by angry hobbyist. They didnt even tell the mods they were closing it LMAO.