PDA

View Full Version : help with carrying wanted pretty please

Fallen_star
13-04-2007, 11:05
Having started going into the local stores/clubs once more I've noticed that nearly everyone in the local GW has the massive GW carrycase which to say the least is unwieldy and could take an eye or table out:( ....

I'm personally still using a GW carry case i got when i bought my marines second hand (one layer of tank tread foam) and have decided that it just doesn't cut the mustard anymore (so many men....) therfore i'm beggining a search for a new carrycase that could meet my specification and thought that somone here must have found a decent carryall;

Carryall;
) a strap to carry it i have nearly a half hour bus ride and a 20min walk i dont want a giant brief case.

)No logos less that I'm ashamed of the hobby as buses attract a lot of chavs who have a certain affection for breaking things.

)Size is tricky as i play 40k,epic and fantasy but it should be able to hold 100men with at least two tank sized hollows without being a utility veichale in disguise.

)lastly I'd rather not go over 80 as the ladys been getting a little upset with my financial out flow of late.

So any help much appreciated.

lars4life
13-04-2007, 11:50
I like the Battlehive II system from crystal Caste. It's large, but it has wheels and a retractable bar like luggage. Its really easy to carry around and not too pricey once you factor in you get it full of foam. You can even custom order it with whatever size foam you want.

No I don't work for them :), I just really like the product. Everyone in my gaming group uses them.

EVIL INC
13-04-2007, 11:55
The best I have come across is Sabol army transport.

Mojaco
13-04-2007, 12:02
I like these:
http://www.charonproductions.com/shop/
Or the bigger GW cases:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99239999030&orignav=300810
Both don't have "I contain toys" written all over them.

Gen_eV
13-04-2007, 13:29
I'd heartily recommend a Charon 'skirmishpack' (the delux model being well worth the extra cash)- as you appear to be a UK buyer, it might be worth your while contacting the guy and asking for one without foam, as this will substantially drop the cost, and then ordering custom foam layers from figuresincomfort.co.uk - I got a Charon case a couple of years ago from my local store, and have used Figures in Comfort as a local 'extra foam' supplier.

The Charon case will carry eight "slots" worth of FiC half-size trays, which wil be more than enough to carry what you have. I've a case half the size, which comfortably carries two falcons, a wraithlord, fifty infantry and still has the space for my soon-to-be-bought Aeronautica Imperialis Cadre.

Both don't have "I contain toys" written all over them.
Erm, doesn't the big GW case still have a massive Imperial Eagle and the words "Games Workshop" on it? If it doesn't, I'd almost be tempted. The Charon ones are more compact and have a third more capacity, though.

Please note, I'm not employed by Charon in any way, I just think they're the best cases I've yet seen (and yes, I have come across Sabol)

Curufew
13-04-2007, 13:37
Sabol army transport is your friend.

MacVurrich
13-04-2007, 13:49
have a look at
http://www.kaiserrushforth.com/
all right it's rigged carboard but, they're SOLID, cheap and can come in a "UN- marked" carry all

I see guys with the in the rain and have no wories

BlackViper
13-04-2007, 16:08
yeah, I have a Kaiser Rushforth case (google them). It's cheeper, it does the job just fine and they've just brought out a handy pouch with a strap (which I intend to get soon).

I've also looked at Figure in Comfort, they're nice but they're more pricey.

-Graham

Bunnahabhain
13-04-2007, 17:35
I use an 8 tray case from

http://www.figuresincomfort.co.uk/

It's well built, discrete , and holds a good amount of stuff (2000pts Imp guard, or 3000 of lizardmen)

eldaran
13-04-2007, 17:56
i bought a regular GW case and chiselled off the logo-although that was because it was for my anti-imperial Eldar force)

It wasn't that difficult, although i do get a couple of funny looks from people at my local...:p

to answer the tank issue, i ripped enough space out of the top layer to fit the two tanks. Put simply, it comfortably holds my 1,500 point eldar.

Templar Ben
13-04-2007, 18:01
I prefer the sabol.

kenny3760
13-04-2007, 18:15
I use a Figures in Comfort case. It's got everything you want, carrying strap, no logo and a vast choise of foam, including a tank specific tray that holds 4 tanks. Prices vary depending on what size of case you want but 80 will cover it easy. And the foam is top quality, unlike the sponge like substance that comes with the GW cases.

Don't work for them, just like the product.

shadowsun68
13-04-2007, 18:15
i agree go with Kaiser Rushforth cases i have 4 cases and one of there big blue ones it is quite large but i find it ok to carry on the bus when i go 2 GW when i have to be on the bus for 40mins wow lol

Jules
18-04-2007, 08:50
Jules here from Figures in Comfort,

Did you know you guys get 10% discount from us at FIC. Also our cases have a 5 year garrantee and have been tested on easyjet baggage handlers no other company can boast that.

With our new addiition to our trays you get protection thats going to last and that you can move one handed due to the new base of the trays.

Hope this helps

Jules
www.figuresincomfort.co.uk

Mojaco
18-04-2007, 08:56
Erm, doesn't the big GW case still have a massive Imperial Eagle and the words "Games Workshop" on it? If it doesn't, I'd almost be tempted. The Charon ones are more compact and have a third more capacity, though.
Yes, but here in holland no one knows that symbol, unless you play it yourself. So no harm is done. I just mean it doesn't look like a toy symbol for outsiders, being black and somewhat agressive and all.

mjc1000
18-04-2007, 09:37
i just use a normall gw case works for me (my cadian army need 2 thogh so i might get the big 1)

Vegeta365
18-04-2007, 10:08
Jules here from Figures in Comfort,

Did you know you guys get 10% discount from us at FIC. Also our cases have a 5 year garrantee and have been tested on easyjet baggage handlers no other company can boast that.

With our new addiition to our trays you get protection thats going to last and that you can move one handed due to the new base of the trays.

Hope this helps

Jules
www.figuresincomfort.co.uk

Hi. How do we go about getting this discount? And do the prices on the site include the foam that they will fit or does that have to be purchased separately?

Thanks

3 0f 6
18-04-2007, 14:26
I use the big ass GW army case for my 1500pt iron warrior force... lol
one half has a Defiler box with pretty much all but the vindicator and basalisk base in the other side is 3 layers of foam, containing my troops and my oblits and the 2 above mentioned hulls, i als get my army books, the rule book (not the ickle macragge one!) an A4 pad of paper, 3 boxes of dice, my tape measure about 10 mars bars, and god knows what else.

I cant say i have any issue wlaking aorund bristol/nottingham carrying the case other than walking from the hotel to WW is a tad straining on the arms ( i dont trust the clasps to stay done up so i hold it in a strange manner)

Alkanchel
18-04-2007, 14:37
I use two sabol army transport platoons linked together, they contain 16" of trays, and are easily slung over the shoulder, leaving both hands free for piloting a hypothetical bike. Great stuff.

- A

Gen_eV
18-04-2007, 14:43
I use a Figures in Comfort case [and] the foam is top quality, unlike the sponge like substance that comes with the GW cases.

I'll second this, the FiC foam really is great. I'll be using it almost exclusively from now on, there's a great variety of types to choose from, although I personally tend to shy away from the 'pick and pluck' stuff, just cutting my own shapes from the pre-cut ones instead.

As an aside, Figures In Comfort foam fits perfectly into standard GW cases, for anyone in need of additional/replacement foam for their big plastic box. Fits my Charon Scoutpack too, which is very handy for me.

Jules
18-04-2007, 18:20
Hi Vegeta365

If you place an order on the site and then email me your warseer name I will manualy take off the 10% (more if you spend over 150)

and yes the trays are inclided in the price of the case

Jules

bladestalker
11-06-2007, 16:23
I'll second this, the FiC foam really is great. I'll be using it almost exclusively from now on, there's a great variety of types to choose from, although I personally tend to shy away from the 'pick and pluck' stuff, just cutting my own shapes from the pre-cut ones instead.

As an aside, Figures In Comfort foam fits perfectly into standard GW cases, for anyone in need of additional/replacement foam for their big plastic box. Fits my Charon Scoutpack too, which is very handy for me.

Hey thanks for the kind words.

IF you are in the UK then be sure to check out figs in comfort (hi Jules). Their foam is good stuff and the one case I saw of thiers at Origins was pretty solid, easily on a par with ours. plus Jules likes DOctor WHo.

Our shipping to the UK is expensive and takes forever (4-6 weeks). If you still want a case I'll discount some of the price to offset shipping, but you have to email me and ask for the forum discount (10% domestic, 20% foriegn) and no US is not foriegn even though I'm a Canadian.