PDA

View Full Version : Live-Action Chaos Marauders

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
14-04-2007, 07:25
Alright, so although the new movie "Pathfinder" is one of the most disjointed, plotless, cliche-heavy, head-scratching wastes of time in the history of film, the Viking warriors in this movie are PERFECT representations of Chaos Marauders. Now, I'm advocating anyone pay money to see this movie, because it is God-awful. But the fight scenes are alright and the Vikings are bad-asses. I actually wanted them to win even though they were billed as the bad guys. Anyway, check out this film or at least a trailer and let me know what you think, especially you Chaos fellas out there.

Kirth
14-04-2007, 09:41
I saw it today and I agree with everything you said. Talk about a terribly edited film.

The costumes were great. It ended there.

If only marauders looked like them.

druchii
14-04-2007, 10:06
Alright, so although the new movie "Pathfinder" is one of the most disjointed, plotless, cliche-heavy, head-scratching wastes of time in the history of film, the Viking warriors in this movie are PERFECT representations of Chaos Marauders. Now, I'm advocating anyone pay money to see this movie, because it is God-awful. But the fight scenes are alright and the Vikings are bad-asses. I actually wanted them to win even though they were billed as the bad guys. Anyway, check out this film or at least a trailer and let me know what you think, especially you Chaos fellas out there.

I agree, sorta.
Cliche, not so much (although it's cliche to call things cliche..). The movie was pretty slick, for the firs thalf hour, after that, I think the director ran out of ideas. "More vikings"

Although I think the vikings are actually alot more like chaos warriors, the movie almost made me make an entire chaos mortal horde.

Good thing

d

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
14-04-2007, 15:57
Okay, here's some spoilees..

1. They never tell you how the kid learned how to weild a sword. He was like 7 when he was found, not long enough to become a Viking master.
2. If the Vikings are the premiere raidersa and pillagers, how come he was able to massacre them? And why were they always hanging out in groups of one or two, and one guy would always lag behind to get his butt kicked?
3. All of a sudden he makes the girl a Pathfinder, even though there were only men Pathfinders before? Wow, how very progressive of him! Someone should tell the directors that the Native American matriarchal society meant that they traced lineage down the mother's side, NOT that women were allowed to rule things.

It may be cliche to call things cliche, but I have to call a spade a spade. All I can do now and sit back and pray for a Warhammer movie.

Lady's Champion
14-04-2007, 17:48
I thought it was the best movie I have ever seen- emotional, historically accurate, good dialogue.

Now sit back and spot the sarcasm.

TheWarSmith
15-04-2007, 06:48
I'll just be happy when they make marauders that don't look like conan inspired barbarians.

Last time I checked, even chaos isn't badass enough to go topless in arctic realms.

Gandhi
15-04-2007, 06:57
Last time I checked, even chaos isn't badass enough to go topless in arctic realms.

Arctic realms? They were in Canada, not Alaska =P It's not THAT cold up here, damnit! *Waddles in his parka back to his igloo*

I have to agree with Uriel, they had some major plot holes... Kinda ruined the experience.

Inkosi
15-04-2007, 07:08
Arctic realms? They were in Canada, not Alaska =P It's not THAT cold up here, damnit! *Waddles in his parka back to his igloo*

lol. nice one.

the poster of the movie had me wondering whether they directly copied one of the art works from warhammer because it looked so familiar i was sure i seen it somewhere before.

gorenut
15-04-2007, 10:27
The movie has gotta be the worst movie I've seen in a long time. My cousin and I watched it and laughed at the movie for all the wrong reasons. I even came in with low expectations, but hoping the movie would prove me wrong... I really didn't expect it to be even lower than my expectations. Costumes and visuals were cool... but the flattery ends there. Actions scenes were terrible, story, etc. I even thought the vikings were stupid. They acted like cartoon characters. I wanted both sides to just die and the movie to end.

Vattendroppe
15-04-2007, 11:58
This movie was discussed quite much in the random musing forums. IIRC they ended up with about the same result as you have there, terrible film, not reallistic or authentic in any way, but the costumes is very chaos.