PDA

View Full Version : stores who want to stock gw products

stuartgw
14-04-2007, 10:44
Not sure if this is appropiate to here or if this is the right discussion group but ill put it here for now.

my name is stuart and i am the sales manager for GW that deals with all the countries in the world where we dont have a GW owned store in.

We have been quite succesfully growing our presence in these markets over the last five years but want to step the pace up a little and i know that there are a lot of international readers of this forum and i hope you can help.

i am looking to find stores that you think we could approach to try and make it easier for you guys to get you GW product in your own countries, so if you are in a country that doesnt have any GW stores in (US,UK,OZ,Canada,Japan,Italy,Germany,France,Denmar k, Finland, Holland, Sweden, Norway or Spain - all do) and point us towards a store, and we start dealing with them, i will pay you a finders fee of a free army.

if you are interested or have details of a store then either PM me or ask me here and ill reply....i am especially looking for store in Poland, South africa and Russia though anywhere else will do too.

stu

crandall87
14-04-2007, 12:00
Surely if you are really from GW then:
A) you wouldn't be allowed to post here
B) you would have no problem finding toy shops in other countries and you wouldn't be asking us

spikyjames
14-04-2007, 12:38
mmm... this is an odd request, i just had a quick look in my WD and there's over 30 stores in poland, 11 stores in south africa and 11 in russia that all stock gw stuff. these are listed in the store finder?

stuartgw
14-04-2007, 12:54
Not an odd request really. its actually quite difficult to find stores in countries that have just joined the EU or arent yet in it as their infrastructure isnt as set as ours here so the information isnt as readably available. although i have staff in poland, russia and greece who are opening more stores each month we are always looking for more stockists to help us spread the hobby.

why would i come here to ask, simple, you guys are hobbyists and you know your local stores, what better place could there be to recruit help?

i do work for GW and have done for the last eleven years and have run the export department for over eight of those...if you search for my posts you will see the other ones that i have made, that might help convince you but thats your call. i know a few of the guys from poland IRL and they can vouch for that on here if you are in doubt of my position.

can i post here, in regards to this the answer is yes. Im not here to debate gw principles, prices, products, etc or give opinions, personal or GW so thats fine.

thanks for the PM's so far, much appreciated.

stu

scarletsquig
14-04-2007, 13:22

Perfect example of the kind of attitude that keeps anyone from GW HQ from ever wanting to provide any form of useful input or discussion to this site, or even ask our opinion about stuff :(

spikyjames
14-04-2007, 16:43
Not an odd request really. its actually quite difficult to find stores in countries that have just joined the EU or arent yet in it as their infrastructure isnt as set as ours here so the information isnt as readably available. although i have staff in poland, russia and greece who are opening more stores each month we are always looking for more stockists to help us spread the hobby.

why would i come here to ask, simple, you guys are hobbyists and you know your local stores, what better place could there be to recruit help?

ok no probs, just thought it was a bit odd myself. never mind:) it was a question though. i take it there's alot of interest in poland?

Im not here to debate gw principles, prices, products, etc or give opinions, personal or GW so thats fine.

stu

GW has chosen to express themselves through prices and neglect, we don't need them to post here

just exactly what he doesn't want in his thread, useful post though:rolleyes:

Crube
14-04-2007, 16:50
So then Stuart, would you be the Stuart who used to work with me (alan) in Mail Order... If so, then I can vouch for his GW-ness :D

Carot
14-04-2007, 16:55
GW has chosen to express themselves through prices and neglect, we don't need them to post here

That's not a very fair statement. What exactly do you expect the company to do? Keep their prices low just for you? The price hikes and policy changes are justified, regardless of our opinions of them. Ever heard the phrase "spending a day in their shoes"?

Unfortunately, I don't think stuartgw is going to find as much assistance as he thought though.

What he should do is get his message translated into a couple of languages and post it on some multi-language forums. I would think.

I would also think that expanding their holdings and distribution in the territories already established would be a priority over finding new ones. But that's not my call.

I thought GW had all of the higher-income countries marked already. There's really not many more places to go.

If you could give us an idea of where you were looking into, then I'd imagine we could be of better assistance.

The South America's maybe? Hong Kong?..........then again, you might want to avoid HK. The copyright laws tend to be a little too vague there, for now.

Heck, I'd imagine there'd be a lot of soldiers who'd appreciate a GW retailer in the green zone of Iraq.

:chrome:

Hollopoint
14-04-2007, 16:59
You need to leave these boards. (That was aimed at Dod)

Anyway, back on topic. Do you have any interest in buisness with the far east? such as Thailand, China, Hong Kong, Japan, etc....

t-tauri
14-04-2007, 16:59
As long as he abides by the rules of course he's welcome to post here.:rolleyes:
just exactly what he doesn't want in his thread, useful post though:rolleyes:Precisely. I've removed a couple of off-topic posts. I don't want to have to remove any more.

t-tauri

The Warseer Inquisition

stuartgw
14-04-2007, 17:26
we already have outlets in the far east, middle east and most of the world. GW is seeking to establish itself more in its existing markets of ocurse but my role wihtin GW isnt involved in that....we go out and find the new territories and then build them up......this is how all the GW businesses came about, started as export markets then when they were big enough we started a GW office there.

this same invitation is already on forums in most of the countires that i want more stores in but you can never be too thorough.

and yes alan, it is me :) hope you are well mate

untimention
14-04-2007, 17:30
Tenerife loves Warhammer... im out there all the time and the only two places that you can get Warhammer is up in the North... you need a store in the South where tourists stay and native people because they love it.

Crube
14-04-2007, 17:34
Yay - good to hear from you Stu...

All good here... we do need a decent stockist up in Fraserburgh though - i you'd pass that on to whoever deals with Scotland - the current stockist isn't up to much...

Sylass
14-04-2007, 17:38
Hi stuartgw,

not sure if that's an idea worth thinking about, but what about a banner campaign to search for stores willing to do the type of partnership you are searching for?

Please let me know in case you are interested in trying something like that. :)

-Sylass,
Warseer admin #2