PDA

View Full Version : Aww, man, I was gettin' short, Game over, man, Game OVER! - Fastest Victories

BrotherErekose
16-04-2007, 00:54
Prolly a subject brought up often enough, but I couldn't come up with anything Search-wise:

Could you post a very short synopsis of your shortest game? I mean, by turn 4, nothing left, or for certain over by turn 5, but your opponent throws in the towel....

For me:
My Deathwing (pre-new Codex) was gone by end of turn 3, versus Chaos. At turn's 2's end, his demon lord ate the lightning claw crew, one dreadnought & libby. Both LR and LRC and the 2nd dread were popped by single las cannon shots in turn 2. The last termie crew (in 1500 points) was smashed by the flying demon at the end of turn 3.

Recently, I've had an opponent surrender by end of the 4th, but can't recall anything faster from last year.

osickx
16-04-2007, 01:00
My mech Eldar vs a Kroot army

he moved forward and took down one falcon with his shaper on turn one.

turn two, i moved 24 from his whole army and pinned the only unit he could have that could shoot at me

he gave up on turn three

Bloodknight
16-04-2007, 01:02
Turn one loss with Dark Eldar against Chaos. 1500 points.
I had to set up first, the Chaos list bristled with Heavy bolters and Autocannons (tailored...), I had no WWP and the table had not much terrain, so I couldn´t hide properly. Opponent got first turn, downed all Raiders with the AC and shot up the guys which rolled out of the wrecks.

athamas
16-04-2007, 01:05
end of turn 1... [i went first]

was 400pts combat patrol, my tau vs a trial sob list...

after taking out the Penitant engine [imobilised] and a rino with missile pods and killing off something else aswell he was left with only 1 squad of sob, vs my 400pt nightmare tau list,

called the game there, and played agin at a higher points value...

scarletsquig
16-04-2007, 01:07
Well, it's hard for me to come up with a suitably impressive example for 40k, but I can certainly mention one for Mordheim:

"Treasure hunt" scenario - roll 2D6 to search a building, if it comes up double 6, you find it and win.

I kicked off the game by moving one model, rolling a double 6 and winning the game :)

RampagingRavener
16-04-2007, 02:14
2k, my Dark Eldar versus Necrons.

He got first turn, moved 6" forwards with everything, utterly failed to do any damage.

I pull a turn 1 assault with pretty much everything and phased him out at the end of my third turn. I lost...9 assorted Warriors, 2 Incubi, and a wound on my Dracon from his own combat drugs.

Champsguy
16-04-2007, 02:25
None of my games, but I've seen some pretty quick ones.

One was Tau vs Space Wolves. Space Wolves are mounted all in Rhinos. Tau have lots of railguns. Tau goes first, shoots everything. Every Rhino blows up, most of the Marine squads are taken under half. By the end of the top of round 1, the Marine player had one or two troop units who were capable of scoring, and one hidden Whirlwind. Marine player surrenders.

The second was Tau vs Mech Eldar. Eldar go first, star engine their way into Tau deployment zone. Tau open fire, getting lots and lots of glances and "can't shoot" results, immobilizing some. Thanks to holo-field, no Eldar tank is destroyed. Turn two, Eldar HTH units disembark from stationary vehicles. Tau player surrenders.

It's technically possible to get a pre-1st turn loss with Dark Eldar, though only if you're dumb enough to set yourself up for it (like the 3 turn loss in chess, which only works if you make the stupidest moves in the game). Start with most of your units in WWP. Give the WWP to a unit that is mounted on a Raider. Roll Escalation. All units start in reserve. No unit in reserve may enter play unless its from the WWP. The WWP is in reserve. Oops!

Groksnag
16-04-2007, 02:29
my Deathskulls vs a World Eaters army, and I had never played against Chaos before.....

needless to say, by the end of turn 2, there were no Orks on the table alive. and only 2 WE's dead.

it was a humiliatingly humble experience.

BrotherErekose
16-04-2007, 02:56
Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
:confused:
What is the acronym WWP?

DhaosAndy
16-04-2007, 03:00
WWP = Web Way Portal

Comrade JC
16-04-2007, 03:19
Armoured Comapany allied with DA against Nids and Eldar 3000pts. First turn the Nids ate three pieplates basically ending a squad of stealers and one of gaunts. 2nd turn the other genstealer squad is massacred after chraging some scouts, the rest is hit with more pieplates and lascannons, basically doing some decent damage to anything monstous. Battle continued but it was won by then.

RavenMorpheus
16-04-2007, 05:38
Prolly a subject brought up often enough, but I couldn't come up with anything Search-wise:

Could you post a very short synopsis of your shortest game? I mean, by turn 4, nothing left, or for certain over by turn 5, but your opponent throws in the towel....

For me:
My Deathwing (pre-new Codex) was gone by end of turn 3, versus Chaos. At turn's 2's end, his demon lord ate the lightning claw crew, one dreadnought & libby. Both LR and LRC and the 2nd dread were popped by single las cannon shots in turn 2. The last termie crew (in 1500 points) was smashed by the flying demon at the end of turn 3.

Recently, I've had an opponent surrender by end of the 4th, but can't recall anything faster from last year.

2 turns, 2 CSM units in a rhino with aspiring champion and chaos icon forward 12" in the 1st turn, bloodthirster and 16 bloodletters summoned in the 2nd turn and totally rolled up the enemy line!

my Deathskulls vs a World Eaters army, and I had never played against Chaos before.....

needless to say, by the end of turn 2, there were no Orks on the table alive. and only 2 WE's dead.

it was a humiliatingly humble experience.

Never go into battle without studying your foe.

Kordos
16-04-2007, 05:57
Turn 3 Marines vs Tau, I'd taken out his assault squad, commander, tact squad and scouts leaving him with only a pred (stunned and lost the twin linked lascannon) - which then took me 3 turns to kill :wtf:

Tyra_Nid
16-04-2007, 06:02
3000 points, Orks vs Guard, Armagedon campaign.

First turn, Guard goes first.

Shoots a battlecannon shot at Ork Battlewagon. Hits, penetrates, 6 for penetrate, blows up, kills the massively tooled up Warboss and squad, plus 6" blast diameter and kills most of the boys clumped up around it.

About half the Ork army in the first shot of the game.

The Orks conceded.

AngryAngel
16-04-2007, 06:20
I've never had a quick victory or given one up. Even bad rolls aside, I lasted till the end. Though i've had ones I wish were over sooner.

DesolationAngel
16-04-2007, 07:03
Turn 2 with my Death Guard VS Daemon Hunters, they went first, resulting in me losing my Chaos Lord from Termis, a Predator to LRC shooting, the same termis consilidated into my Plague Marines, following turn lost that squad, Great Unclean One forced out. Turn 2 lost the Great Unclean One and the only other Plague Marines that could summon daemons, left me with 2 tanks in 2 turns one of which got blow away by another LRC. 2 turn win, not nice.

To be fair though a lot of it was down to me not being sensible and that probably wouldn't happen again (should be playing against the same army soon)

I've phased out Necrons in 3 turns with Death Guard in escalation, Lord charged first turn, daemons came out second turn and the Great Unclean One also made it into combat, made squads run and tied up all of the army, Monolith saved one squad for a bit but phase out caused the army to go before the second Monolith could land.

As far as giving up goes theres a certain point where you really can do anything, once I reach that I stop and play another game or let others use the table down the club. I would never give up in a Tournament though as its still possible to deny points or get a few points from a game.

SwordsofChaos
16-04-2007, 07:12
How could his termies kill your lord in the first turn? Did he shoot him down with stormbolters and then consolidated?

Marius Xerxes
16-04-2007, 07:33
Iron warriors Vs. Eldar. 1750

I got first turn as Iron Warriors. I bew up his Falcon with a Havoc Squad, He had 3 vipers hidden next to Seer Council. Indirect Defiler on Vipers and blew up 2, one with direct hit, the other with 2 6's rolled in a row.. 1 to glance, the other to destroy. Second indirect fire at the last Viper another direct hit with a partial on seer council. Viper destroyed, seer Council looses one guy and gets pinned. 2 Obliterators and 3 Squads shoot Lascannons at a Wraithlord and drop it. Deamon Prince with Deamonic Speed moves up the board in direction of Fire Dragons that are entangled after the Falcon Exploded.

Turn 2. Avatar come around corner of terrain. Same happens to him as the Wraithlord. Lord kills all Fire Dragons. Indirect Fire hits opponets 2, 20 man squads of Black Guardians and caused each to flee off the baord. Turn 2 for Eldar player all he has left is his Seer Council and gives up.

Draedan
16-04-2007, 08:13
My DW vs. Eldar, 2000pts

This was when 4th Ed. rules had just come out. We were playing on a 4x6 table and he had to deploy first. He proceeded to deploy a single D-cannon in the far left corner of the table. So, in an effort to make him spread out, I deployed my entire army on the far right. The D-cannon was the only template weapon he had and I was out of range and line of sight to boot, so I wasnt afraid to bunch up a bit. He wins first turn and proceeded to target my landraider with his D-cannon. I, of course, argued that the cannon only had a 24 inch range and couldnt even see me. He claimed that because it was a guess range weapon the rules said to just set the template down and roll for scatter. I thought this was ************ but it was supposed to be a friendly game so I let it go...

After blowing up my landraider and killing the very large and pricey terminator squad with HQ inside of it, he then sets down another template. For those of you paying attention, the D-cannon is heavy 1 and he only set one on the table. He, of course, claimed that it was a barrage weapon and got multiple shots. Never having seen a barrage weapon used before I wasnt quite sure how to respond. So as I sat and watched he destroyed my dreadnaught...and my other dreadnaught. Roughly a third of my army was gone and he had only fired a single weapon!

I was pretty angery (probably more than what I should have been) and fairly certain I had been cheated. I stopped the game, packed up and left.

So yeah...my shortest game was when I conceeded part way into my opponents shooting phase on turn one.

Atleast it gave me a damn good incentive to learn the rules cover to cover...

DesolationAngel
16-04-2007, 08:44
How could his termies kill your lord in the first turn? Did he shoot him down with stormbolters and then consolidated?

He infiltrated in a attempt to first turn metla bomb one of the LRCs, the Termis included a grand master with a nemesis force weapon and other kit. He got charged, force weaponed and they consolidated into my nearby Plague Marines.

Completely down to my poor deployment and taking unneeded risks, which I will avoid doing in the future.

Sauron90
16-04-2007, 09:19
Combat Patrol I had:

Chaplain
10 Space Marines missile launcher plasma power fist auspex
Land Speeder Tornado (I know the army list sucked)

My opponent had

Boosted Chaos Lutenant (sp?)
5 Chaos Warriors
3 Gibbring hordes (nurglings)
6 Bloodletters

Auspex shooting killed 1 infiltrating chaos warrior

He got the first turn. An Infiltrating Lutenant with demonic speed got into combat and killed 3 tactical marines.

My turn: I move my Chaplain against the combat to charge next turn. The Landspeeder shots at the warriors and hits... 0 times...

My power fist vet seargant kills the lutenant (looking good now). Bloodletters arrives close to both chaplain and tactical marines charges chaplain and butchers him. Then they roll 6 on the consolidate and contacts the tactical marines. next turn the tactical marines gets wiped out. The Land speeder manages tó kill only 1 enemy and I call it a day.

It was in turn 4.

jobi
16-04-2007, 09:44
I have at least 4 times had AC's completely destroyed by turn 4 with my IW.

I have had a friend throw in the towel after round 1 with his GK's. My IW detroyed his LRC in one Shot, his termis had to footslog it. They were shot to hell, and two of his GK squads were totally wiped out. The sad thing was it was before he even had a turn.

I've also had him lose almost a whole squad of Pariahs and most of an Immortals squad with one drift of a Basilisk. He was not pleased.

Onisuzume
16-04-2007, 09:45
Turn 2 or 3, after my flyrant ate a tau ethereal.
And a unit or 2 of gaunts shooting his shas'o+bodyguard to bits.
He was kinda annoyed at that.

f2k
16-04-2007, 10:53
500 points of my Kult o' Speed vs. my friends Dark Eldar.

He got first turn, moved slightly and then opened fire with everything he had. Despite having an impressive amount of firepower he only got 2 hits on my bikes, both of which were saved by my pollution cover. I then moved my bikes and pressed the big red button. A flurry of lucky (re)rolls, and all that was left of my friends army was a fine red mist.

don_mondo
16-04-2007, 12:55
My IG vs DE Wych Cult. I go first, kill the two units with the portals. Game over, middle of the first turn.
Or Baltimore Grand Tournament, my IG vs Iron Warriors, he goes first. Does pretty good for 1 1/2 turns. Bottom of turn two most of my deep striking units show up, his Termies and termie lord die, his remaining Oblits die, his Vindicator goes boom, crash, boom bang, suddenly all he has left are three understrength units of Chaos Marines (4-6 models per unit). I've still got over 80% of my army. He concedes

kaimarion
16-04-2007, 12:59
I was playing a nid player who took an hour for his first turn then when it got to my turn he gave up.damn waste of time

Getifa Ubazza
16-04-2007, 13:24
The quickest game i ever played was my last one. I played a kid with an imperial guard army(the new metal ones), with my marines. A great game that went to the wire. Only took a hour and a half to play all 6 turns, reason being, we didnt have to stop once for a rules problem. He was a great kid to play. I won, but not by much.

Captain Micha
16-04-2007, 13:24
I'd say the fastest game I ever had was when my vehicle heavy tau just finished deployment and the anti infantry built marine player decided he didn't want me playing him... talk about a waste of time, we didn't even get to start combat!

shortest actual combat 2 turns... after wiping an eldar players falcons out.... he was abit upset......

Corrupt
16-04-2007, 13:34
One Marine player took a cheesed out GEQ killing list with 3 Devestator Squads with 4x Heavy bolters etc vs me. Needless to say I was less than happy afterwards, but thanks to cover etc It wast too bad. I asked for a rematch the next day.
He said sure
Heavy Bolters vs AV 12 is Funny
Took Mechanised Guard and 3 Leman Russes.
Shot his tiny marine army into pieces in the first turn.

RustyHarlequin
16-04-2007, 13:51
Two turns, no casualties.

My Biel-tan mechanised eldar force (pre-current Codex); reapers in a pair of Falcons, Banshees in a Wave Serpant, Warlock & Farseer on bikes.
vs.
Ork mechanised (Speed Freaks?) force; all on bikes, with some missile launcher armed vechicles as well.

Scenario was Breakout I believe (table used was a City Fight one though), essentially my forces were in the centre whilst the ork were split between the two short table edges. My troops had to escape off one of the short table edges, which I promptly did in the second turn with only a few desoultry shots from the orks :evilgrin:

Ps. We promplty set up another game & scenario on the same table, and I still managed to beat him by turn three (although I did loose all my Reapers & Banshees) :angel:

MaliGn
16-04-2007, 14:00
I conced a 100pts game in turn 2 after my chaos icon bearer was gunned down, leaving me unable to bring the rest of my army onto the table, and leaving me with no scoring units left.

victorpofa
16-04-2007, 15:18
My very first game last Saturday was not a quick victory or defeat, but it felt like it was over before turn 1. I played the used Necrons I bought so I could play while working on my Wolves. The other guy has his brother's Orks. He sets up a looted Basilisk in back and two maxed out Grot Squads in front with Boyz in-between. I knew I was in for a rough time. I lasted to turn 6 before I just called it, though I wanted to call it as soon as I saw the Grots. I rolled like crap and the Grots refused to break while the slaver whacked at my destroyers. I made a distance estimate mistake and he tied up three Destroyers and the Destroyer Lord on turn 2 with Grots.

This was a 1000 point game. Though afterwards I was adding up the points and I think he had 1500 in Orks. He also had two looted vehicles when he should only have had 1 since they were not speed freeks. If he had an extra 500 points I did not do too badly despite several major tactical errors and bad dice rolling. In the future I must remember that most Necrons are only good in HTH when compared to Fire Warriors :)

Grimtuff
16-04-2007, 15:25
Well, there's one that beats all of these.

3rd edition 40k Alpha legion v Kroot Mercs. both of the entire armies are Infiltrating....
The Kroot win the roll off, they place their troops in such a way the AL cannot deploy. Anywhere.

Turn 0 victory to the Kroot :)

N.B. This is not possible in 4th ed. due to the fact Infiltrators are now placed in the IGO/UGO fashion.

salty
16-04-2007, 15:49
Hmmm... an easy one this actually.

Back two years ago I started playing Imperial Fists, but stopped because I didnt like painting the Marines :D
I played a game in GW Meadowhall against Tau, 1000pts.

To be fair, my list sucked as it was based on what I had bought. Something like this:

Termi Armoured Force Commander
Biker Chaplain
8 Scouts
5 Assault Marines
10 Tactical Marines
7 Deathwatch and Captain
Deathwatch Rhino

My opponent had an Ethereal, a Devilfish, and lots and lots of Fire Warriors. It wasn't over quickly in the literal sense (lasted 5 turns actually), but I feel it fits since I did nothing. I believe I killed 4 Fire Warriors with lucky shots. My Force Commander spent the whole game hiding in a building after losing 2 wounds on Turn 1, my Rhino was popped by the Devilfish (also turn 1, costing me my Hunter-Killer), the Biker Chaplain hid 'til turn 3 then made a mad dash for glory, being shot to hell as he reached halfway across the board (the middle was a big empty patch). Only the Assault Marines were any good, managing to bring down the Devilfish in the last turn, but they were pretty much all that remained of my army.

However, the same Imperial Fists also wiped out a 1200pts Tyranid force in 3 turns. Never even made it into combat. Rapid fire + lots of Heavy Bolters = good ;)

Salty :)

spikydavid
16-04-2007, 17:33

3rd edition 40k Alpha legion v Kroot Mercs. both of the entire armies are Infiltrating....
The Kroot win the roll off, they place their troops in such a way the AL cannot deploy. Anywhere.

N.B. This is not possible in 4th ed. due to the fact Infiltrators are now placed in the IGO/UGO fashion.

Still possible - 55 infiltrating guardsmen. This is a single platoon, a single force org slot, so all go down at once

The Laughing Man!
16-04-2007, 17:43
My mech Tau normally wrap things up by turn 4-5 but a few weeks ago I played a marine player who gave up in turn 3 if I remember right.

Ive never seen the point in giving up personally, not while you can still do anything I suppose if all you had left was something like a rhino with no guns or something like that but with at least one whole or non running unit id keep going.

kermit
16-04-2007, 17:50
Not me, but a friend:

1/2 turn...

His Dark Eldar vs. Necrons. The guy was running a troop light army, and got phased out after the first DE shooting. The game took a total of 15mins. It was a hideous game to watch, but many stories have come from that one battle.

Isambard
16-04-2007, 17:50
Its not turn count, but I have been in loads of tourney games (1500 to 1750) that took less than an hour, including set up time. This is normally when I have an opponent that knows what they are doing with a low model army (like mine), normally nid Zilla lists. I'm not saying I win them all, but either way, they end quickly.

Not the same thing, I had a friend in a tourney game with a very nice result. At the end of the 6th turn all the models in the game were tied in 3 combats;
Chaos Lt vs Marine character, Khorne Bezerkers vs tactical marines and assault marines vs Defiler. The characters kill each other (both on init 5). The squads wipe each other out at init 4 (chain axes vs a vet serg with power weapon) and the assault marines destroy the defiler with a penatrating hit. Rolling a 6 for damage. Wiping the squad out.

There was not a single model left on the table. Everybody died.

Everyone is dead, Dave. Dave, everyone is dead. Is dead, everyone Dave. Dave is dead everyone etc.

thorwa1
16-04-2007, 18:04
2,000pt Deathwing vs Eldar tourney match (both old codexes)

Eldar player fielded 16 star cannons. I was done by turn 3, a grand total of 24 minutes.

It was a actually the most fun game I had out of the 5 I played that weekend.

Brockafally
16-04-2007, 18:25
Quickest game I've seen ended in one shot.

Back in 3rd edition at the Cdn GT guy had two landraiders w/ termi squads in both parked beside eachother. Opponent went first and dropped a vindicator shot on both, rolled two pens and a double 6. 1000 points gone. The guy conceded right there.

My quickest game was also in 3rd edition. DE (ME) vs. Chaos. I asked my opponent what would happen if I killed everything before the daemons could be summoned. He was like, "they don't come out." As fate would have it, that's exactly what happened. I killed everything on the table by turn 2 save the daemons (1300pts) and game over. Took 20 minutes to play. It was in a tourny and the damn tourny organizers said I only get points for what I killed. Grumble... same tourny I phased a necron player out and he wouldn't give me all the points. Only for stuff I killed. Such bad cheaters.

Firestorm Falcon
16-04-2007, 18:29
I beat a 1000pt tank company in 4 turns flat thanks to my falcon/fire dragon combo. After turn three all that was left was one russ.

Fable
16-04-2007, 19:27
Shortly after the release of the old 3rd ed Eldar Blue Dex I was playing a friend. We were playing Recon, and he had his whole force lumped up as close as he could be to me, including a predator and a landraider full of termies. I won the first turn. I fired D-cannons which scattered perfectly onto his Land Raider and the third blast hit the predator.

Popped the predator and scored a 6 on the landraider on the ordnance chart (which the D's used to use) vaporizing the LR and the unit inside (no further damage was done in the resultant blast). He reached across the table to shake my hand and surrender before I even had a chance to fire off a second weapon. He lost more than half his army from a single battery.

I figured that similar things had happend enough that that's why they changed the barrage("G") rules.

Chaos Lord Primus
16-04-2007, 19:56
My Dark Angels with Grey Knight allies beat a Tau player in 5 turns, but you could see the outcome by the 2nd.

Turn 1: Deathwing squad using Deathwing Assault Deep Strike behind his Hammerhead and tear it to pieces with Storm Bolter and Assault Cannon fire.

They get fired on by 1 squad of Fire Warriors, 1 squad of Kroot, and 1 squad of Rail Rifle Pathfinders. Nothing dies.

Turn 2: My Terminators kill 6 Fire Warriors.

His Shas'o arrives and kills a Marine. His Gun Drones arrive and kill a Marine. The Fire Warriors, Kroot and Pathfinders fire again at the Termies, but do nothing.

Turn 3: My Grey Knight Terminators arrive and blow up his Gun Drones with Storm Bolter and Psycannon fire. My librarian manages to assault his Shas'o, but doesn't drop him. The Deathwing finish off the Fire Warriors.

His remaining two Crisis Suits arrive and rip through the rear armor of my useless Vindicator.

Turn 4: His Shas'o gets Force Weapon-ed by my Libby and goes down. One Crisis eats two Krak Missiles and gets splattered. My Deathwing mow down the Pathfinders. My GKTs do nothing.

His Crisis fires to no effect. His Kroot assault my Termies and kill 1. They hit back and kill 5.

Turn 5: The other Crisis eats two Krak Missiles and his Kroot get splattered by Powerfists after bravely standing their ground.

Once his Hammerhead was down and his lines broken, the Crisis suits were too little, too late.

punisher
16-04-2007, 20:00
a 2 turn victory against space marines with my pathfinder army :)

Grimtuff
16-04-2007, 23:30
Still possible - 55 infiltrating guardsmen. This is a single platoon, a single force org slot, so all go down at once

:evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Oh really? I may have to try this on someone I dislike very soon....

the_crazy_russian
17-04-2007, 05:18
Last thursday, my Deathbringers (marines) vs Tau, take and hold, 1000 pts.

Turn 1
I got first turn. My Scouts (bolt pistols and swords) moved forward through the cover they'd infiltrated as bait. My Bonecleavers (chapter name for assault marines) and Chaplain jumped behind said cover, out of sight. My Vindicator rolled forward from behind a hill and let rip at the Railhead, but scattered 6", not hitting a thing. In deperation, my Tactical marines fired their plasma cannon at it and got a crew shaken.

He took the bait. His Broadsides marched forward to shoot at my Scouts, along with 12 Fire warriors, a Commander and 2 Crisis suits. I lost 6, but held firm. The Railhead didn't even try to get away, and another squad of 12 Fire warriors bunched in so that more could shoot at my Tac squad.

Turn 2
The Bonecleavers jumped forward, and the Scouts also moved up, taking potshots at the Fire warriors. Devastators with 4 heavy bolters opened up on the Crisis suits, downing one and wounding another. The Vindicator nailed the Railhead squarely, blowing it to bits. The Tac squad killed 2 Fire warriors with the plasma cannon. The Bonecleavers charged, killing the Broadsides and consolidating into the Firewarriors.

His shooting proved too low in volume at this point to cause damage. A one-sided and brutal combat ended the Fire warriors.

Turn 3
The Vindicator scored a direct hit on the last Fire warrior squad, killing all but one, who promptly ran. The Devastators downed another Crisis suit and wounded the commander, and the Bonecleavers finished him off and consolidated onto the objective.

Lord Inquisitor
17-04-2007, 05:27
At the risk of repeating myself, from the "Lucky gaming moments" thread:

I was using my Emperor's Children, formed in a column (ambush scenario) and all bunched together, while my opponent was using his Necrons.

Turn 1, he shoots the Particle Whip from his Monolith. Hits my Rhino and a squad of Noise Marines - the Rhino blows up, killing my entire Possessed squad and daemonhost with no possibility of saves and the Noise Squad loses half it's members. Then we applied the 6" blast from the rhino, wiping out the rest of the Noise squad and most of another. The Greater Daemon appears from the rubble before promptly failing the Instability check and disappearing again.

Turn 1, one shot, and I had lost three quarters of my army.

All I had left were a few straggling noise marines and some daemons - needless to say, against 1,500 points of Necrons they did not last long.

Edit: no, wait, I've got a better one.

For a campagin I once ran, one guy was preparing to take on a friend for some kind of "breakout" scenario - he had to get X number of units off the board. Naturally, being a beardy Eldar player, he stuck his units in grav-tanks with upgrades. He went first. Turn 1 movement phase, he moved his troops over the enemy and off the table. Game over.

Krog Ironclaw
17-04-2007, 05:36
2K Kult of Speed vs Eldar.

Fighta Bomma raid stunned all his vehicles (2 Vypers, Fire Prism), killed his Farseer, took out a few assorted dudes. Blasted him with loads of twin linked big shootas, and rokkits. Killed a whole squad of Striking Scorpions that game.

By turn four all he had left was a few Guardians and an Avatar. I wiped them out in CC with Trukk Boyz, gotta love hidden Powerclawz.

All in all I lost a few boyz and a couple of buggies. Pretty sure I lost my bikes too.

hush88
17-04-2007, 09:07
1k, Khorne vs Marines.

Escalation in place, nothing on the board but 2 squad of snipers for me.
Opponent for 1st turn, rage and rushed in 9".
Sniper shots but all saved. In came my command squad and assault squad.
2nd turn, opponent moved another few inches closer.
Dreadnough and Predator for me. Took shots but only 1 wound. Moved and assaulted with assault marines, and they were reduced to nothing.
3rd turn, opponent in assault range. Took everything out. Command squad took out 2 Khorne berserkers before being wiped out.

There was no need to count victory points as i only took out 3 of his models (Bleh) and i lost the entire army.

And straight after that, I had my first taste against an Obliterator army.
One beat up night for me. ouch.....

Flaxxon
17-04-2007, 09:37
At the First US GT in Minneapolis I was playing next to a DE vs a Deathguard or 9 Oblit Iron Warriors army, can't remember damn hangovers. They were done with the game in under 30 minutes. A complete DE win wiped him off the board. While we were in the middle of our 2nd turn.

Eniac
17-04-2007, 12:17
1500 points my deathwing vs some cheese cannon ranger force.

Turn 1: He shoots down two of my three termi squads save for the commander and also kills both dreads

Turn 2: my third squad deepstrikes into a wall and a ranger squad takes down the commander.

THE CHIEF
17-04-2007, 12:24
I have had a couple of really short crushing victories. The first was against Necrons with Ravenwing (before the new Codex came out). It was a Meat Grinder mission with the Necrons defending (lol), it was pretty much all over by the end of turn 1 shooting, but he conceded just before he had his second turn. He was one model away from phase out by that point!

The second was a really rediculous game against Guard using Deathwing (again before new Codex). Opponent had a Drop Troops army with two LRBTs and it was Recon. I decided to DS everything rather than foot slog, and basically whatever he put on the table was then obliterated by my Terminators DSing next to them and shooting them to bits. I was able to use the scenery to shield myself from the tanks all game and only lost two Terminators all game. By the end of it I had destroyed his army to a man and had all of my units in his deployment zone - this was turn 4.

Eniac
17-04-2007, 12:27
There is a difference between conceeding defeat in turn 2 and being hammered into the dirt in turn 2. But I must admit, It would take an utter nightmare of a turn for me to conceed that early.

Corrupt
17-04-2007, 12:41
Elysians vs Horde Nids.
Turn 1, No Guard on board, strafing runs with Bombs blow holes all over the nid line, repeated in Nids turn
Turn 2, Guard show up by and large, rapid fire hundreds of gaunts to death, and a third strafin run finished them off.

don_mondo
17-04-2007, 12:49

Actually, it is still possible. I can do it with my IG, deploy regularly and then infiltrate a platoon (a single Force Org selection so they all go out at once) to block opponents Infiltration...........

Chaos and Evil
17-04-2007, 13:12
Elysians vs Horde Nids.
Turn 1, No Guard on board, strafing runs with Bombs blow holes all over the nid line, repeated in Nids turn
Turn 2, Guard show up by and large, rapid fire hundreds of gaunts to death, and a third strafin run finished them off.

How did you manage three sets of strafing runs in only two turns?

SanguinaryDan
17-04-2007, 14:24
An 1850 point tourney game with my Blood Angels vs. an Armored Company. It was the "One building, one hill" type table and he won first turn. When my lone Deep Strike unit arrived it drifted the full 12" to land directly on top of a tank. And so by the end of turn 2 I didn't have a single scoring unit left on the board.

He was using the version of the army list from White Dwarf where you could take the Skill/Drill that allowed you to reroll the Scatter Die on every single *******' shot. Of course it didn't help that I found out later that he was mixing and matching rules from the IA: 1 book with the WD list.

Corrupt
17-04-2007, 15:04
How did you manage three sets of strafing runs in only two turns?
Crazy house rule for the game(was in a campaign) this was in a playtest game for balance. Battle for maccarage esque mission, Guard Paratrooping into the nids to retrieve a vital piece of technology.
Each player turn the 2 Vultures would make an attack run guarenteed until 50% of the guard were on the ground. Idea being it gave the guard a chance of not being mobbed on landing by the Nids that outnumbered them
Didn't quite work as planned lol.
We made it every Nid turn and it worked perfectly. Guard running full speed towards the obj, rapid firing anything that got in their way, behind them was a line of autocannon rounds and bombs preventing the worst of the nid's getting through.

Krog Ironclaw
17-04-2007, 17:35
There is a difference between conceeding defeat in turn 2 and being hammered into the dirt in turn 2. But I must admit, It would take an utter nightmare of a turn for me to conceed that early.

Now that you mention it, I played a game once (Orks vs IG) and by the end of the second turn I had lost over half my army to some very lucky shooting. He had lost a tank....

But we kept going. And by the end of turn six, I still had all the models I had at the end of turn two, and he had lost all but one tank. I won.

I swear my Orks are sharp shooters...

wingedserpant
17-04-2007, 17:48
One turn- he had a monolith and a nightbringer in a thousand points. He had squad of warriors and a lord with nothing on it. My basilisk in my first turn shot one squad and my defiler shot the other. My marines killed a few more and the entire army phased out.

Da Reddaneks
17-04-2007, 18:07
Shooty Badmoon Orks vs Dark Eldar Wytch Cult. 2000 points per side. I have 33 big shootas, 10 rocket launchers, 3 rocket bugges and a leman russ battle tank in the list along with a few other things. He had all his slots filled with wytches in raiders and three heavies which were ravengrs with 3 plasma cannons each.

I got first turn. My big shoota fire blew every raider out of the sky killing hordes of wytches as they crashed to the ground entangled. two of the three ravengers crashed. Then whatever shots i had left over i piled into the entangled wytches.

I killed at least 80% of his army in the top half of turn one. We didnt finish the game obviously.

Krog Ironclaw
17-04-2007, 18:12
Shooty Badmoon Orks vs Dark Eldar Wytch Cult. 2000 points per side. I have 33 big shootas, 10 rocket launchers, 3 rocket bugges and a leman russ battle tank in the list along with a few other things. He had all his slots filled with wytches in raiders and three heavies which were ravengrs with 3 plasma cannons each.

I got first turn. My big shoota fire blew every raider out of the sky killing hordes of wytches as they crashed to the ground entangled. two of the three ravengers crashed. Then whatever shots i had left over i piled into the entangled wytches.

I killed at least 80% of his army in the top half of turn one. We didnt finish the game obviously.

Overkill. In typical Orky fashion :chrome:

Though, how do you fit 33 big shootas, 10 rokkit launchers, in 2000 points? Must be alot of Flash Gitz.