PDA

View Full Version : Mushroom Kingdom Warhammer Army

big squig
16-04-2007, 08:16
So, I'm thinking of doing an Orc and Goblin army themed as the koopa troopas from mario bros. and I'm looking for suggestions. So far, this is what I have plained.

Warboss - Bowser
Shaman - Magikoopa
Big Boss - Ludwig von Koopa
Unit champions - all the other koopa kids
Orcs - Koopa troopas
Goblins - Shy Guys
Squigs - Goombas
Black Orcs - Hammer Bros.
Fanatics - Chain Chomps
Giant - Whomp
Doom Diver or Spear Chucka - Bullet Bill Cannon/bomb-omb launcher

This is all I have so far. Problem is I can't think of anything for some cav. Maybe Lakitus? Also, I have yet to decide if I'm really going to do this as it would most likly mean sculpting the ENTIRE army myself.

Anyways, who's got some ideas or suggestions?

Lord_Goober
16-04-2007, 08:44
Maybe Birdos for cavalry? Other than that I can't really think of anything.

lilljonas
16-04-2007, 08:59
Birdo's for trolls! :) And yes, that would pretty muck mean to sculpt everything on your own, unless you can find toys in a somewhat proper scale. It's difficult to say whether it's worth it for a "gimmick army".

Bregalad
16-04-2007, 10:35
If you tell us what "koopa troopas from mario bros" is, we might help. It is not common knowledge, you know.

superduperkoopatrooper
16-04-2007, 13:36
If you tell us what "koopa troopas from mario bros" is, we might help. It is not common knowledge, you know.

So what's your excuse for not being raised on Nintendo? My avatar is a flying koopa trooper (paratrooper).

Ktotwf
16-04-2007, 13:41
Really cool idea. :)

lilljonas
16-04-2007, 13:42
Koopa Troopas with Goombas on top as cavalry? Goombas feel very orcy to me, just make them big enough. :)

blurred
16-04-2007, 13:45
Very cool idea, but its a hell of a lot of work to do (sculpting etc.) Go for it! :)

sigur
16-04-2007, 13:46

It is actually.:p

Being a Nintendo guy, this is one of the rare occations I like the idea of a non-Warhammer Warhammer army. But I think that there could be a better stand-in for the Giant...maybe the boss guy from Yoshi's island with the striped pants. You know, the one you have to hit with the Yoshi eggs till his pants drop.

For cavlary, I think that Lakitus are more interesting, but don't fit too well with the medium-cav-close-combat-character of Boarboys. Remember the Goombas in SMB3 who sat in those huge green boots? They existed only in one level of world ...five or something. I think that they would fit the shoe quite well (hur-hur).

big squig
16-04-2007, 20:16
It is actually.:p

Being a Nintendo guy, this is one of the rare occations I like the idea of a non-Warhammer Warhammer army. But I think that there could be a better stand-in for the Giant...maybe the boss guy from Yoshi's island with the striped pants. You know, the one you have to hit with the Yoshi eggs till his pants drop.

For cavlary, I think that Lakitus are more interesting, but don't fit too well with the medium-cav-close-combat-character of Boarboys. Remember the Goombas in SMB3 who sat in those huge green boots? They existed only in one level of world ...five or something. I think that they would fit the shoe quite well (hur-hur).

LOL, yeah, it is common knowledge. And I didn't think of the boot goombas. That's a brillaint Idea. Thanks. I was also thinking of pety pirana plant for a giant as well, but a whomp just seemed great since they fall over and crush stuff or jump on you.

Khorne warrior
17-04-2007, 03:49
This is a nuts (in a good way) idea. Post some pics when you finish please, I would love to see it.

Khorne warrior
17-04-2007, 03:51
This is a crazy idea (in a good way). When you are finished, please post some pics. It is sure to be cool.

TKitch
17-04-2007, 04:05
me likes!!!

That sounds like it'll be HILARIOUS!

BrotherMoses
17-04-2007, 04:46
I don't think it would be too hard to make shyguy masks. This is a really neat sounding idea. I love reading about fun conversions such as this.

Alathir
17-04-2007, 07:28

It really is.

Sounds like a hilarious army, I'd love to fight it.

You could maybe convert kart driving koopa troopas as cavalry?

Good luck.

lilljonas
17-04-2007, 07:46
The kart-driving guys would obviously be chariots, right? :)

EDIT. searching for "nintendo" or "mario" got me quite few results on Toys and Hobbies on e-bay. Sure, they are not all perfectly to scale, but it would be faster and more convenient. A well modelled army by a good modeller would be more awesome, though. ;)