PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this army idea

Dspankdo
16-04-2007, 09:10
So I have a very short attention span when it comes to painting and am always looking for quick ways to make armies, I am always short of cash as well so cheap is always good.. So I've decided to do the cheapest vampire counts army possible and the easiest one to paint. 4 necrarch vampires, 5 ogres(the enslaved spirits of ogres, counting as spirit hosts ), and 4 skull passes(the enslaved remnants of an ancient dwarven-goblinoid war, counted as zombies). The spirit legions of Rekots Marb, Ecir Enna , Yellehs Ehssyb Ycrep, and Yellehs Yram, the progenitors of an ancient necrarch clan. Basically I'm gonna drybrush them as spirit hosts and then do there eyes and weapons red and wooden/metallic respectively.

Thoughts?

PS: A cookie for the person that explains the vampires names.

Gorbad Ironclaw
16-04-2007, 09:17
So 4 necrach vampires, 5 bases of spirits hosts and tons of zombies?
Thats going to be a pretty boring army to use.

Deathwatch
16-04-2007, 09:29
Rekots Marb, Ecir Enna , Yellehs Ehssyb Ycrep, and Yellehs Yram,

Mmmm I'm feeling hungry

Bram Stoker, Anne Rice, Percy Bysshe Shelley and Mary Shelly
Dracula, Interview with a vampire/Vampire Lestat and loads of others, bit more vague married mary (seemed to have athing for young girls) body reputedly largely fleshless upon death and heart removed from body before burning, lastely author of Frankenstien.

How'd I do?

gorenut
16-04-2007, 09:38
If you're in it just to paint and model.. sounds like a decent enough idea. Gameplay-wise... you'll get bored rather quick.

Dspankdo
16-04-2007, 09:45
10 cookies for you:p

@Gorbad ironclaw and Gorenut:It's just the beginning of an army, eventually I plan on converting wolf riders into black knights, a unit of boyz and hammerers into graveguard. The LotRs spirits into bat swarms, Gyrocopters and doomdivers into fell bats and a bunch of wraiths and wight lords out of various heroes.
Still trying to figure out some cool ways to represent black coaches.

DarkLord Of Naggaroth
16-04-2007, 11:20
Still trying to figure out some cool ways to represent black coaches.

A train set :p

Jonahmaul
16-04-2007, 11:34
Once you've added all that stuff in your army is going to end up costing as much as it would to build anyway! If you want an undead army made up of other races that have been raised that's fair enough but if you're only doing it to save money you may as well wait a bit until the new VC stuff is released & just buy all the new plastics.

Dspankdo
16-04-2007, 11:40
The imediate army is being bought to save money, so I can at least have an army ready and painted for the NC. and the army is really more about ease of painting than anything else.

xiau
16-04-2007, 18:16
dude you will get so bored with that list, theres no variety, some vamps, few spirit hosts and the rest gobbos used as zombies i assume? i can understand going for ease but you really will get bored of playing that, just my 2cents

TheWarSmith
16-04-2007, 18:57
You could just pick up Bretonnian Batallions and convert those.

M@A=zombie/skellies
kotr=black knights
peg knight=fell bat or character on flying steed
archers=...uh.....i dunno?

Amornar
16-04-2007, 22:11
Use a steamtank or other crazy dwarven mechanical thing as a black coach

Dspankdo
17-04-2007, 02:02
dude you will get so bored with that list, theres no variety, some vamps, few spirit hosts and the rest gobbos used as zombies i assume? i can understand going for ease but you really will get bored of playing that, just my 2cents

When you mske s reply please read the full thread if iy's only 10 posts, not just the first post.