PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Dwarves - Army List to Use?

Brother Siccarius
16-04-2007, 21:37
I've been planning out a Chaos Dwarf army for a while as a side project to keep me busy durring the summer. I love the chaosy madness feel of the pointy hatted dwarves, their combination of magic and technology, as well as their style of play.

However, the ancient Chaos Dwarf list leaves much to wanted. The small amount of choices, the fact that it hasn't been fully integrated or updated into the current rules system (much less the rules system for the last two editions), and the fact that at least one unit in the army just doesn't work anymore put me off of their list.

This leaves me with several options for which rules to use. The Hordes of Chaos list, the Archaon's Horde list (what can I say...I like flayerkin), the Dwarf list, or attempt to add units in to the Chaos Dwarf list through Dogs of War units. Which ever list I use it'll be chaos dwarves, just using different army rules (and without blunderbusses). Any ideas?

Sherlocko
16-04-2007, 21:42
Try to find the ruleschanges the USGT made to the chaos dwarfs, they were actually pretty nice. Or just do what I will do, bite the bullet and play a cool army. ;)

Brother Siccarius
16-04-2007, 21:54
Try to find the ruleschanges the USGT made to the chaos dwarfs, they were actually pretty nice. Or just do what I will do, bite the bullet and play a cool army. ;)

The call of a chaos dwarf riding a mechanical dragon (using either chaos dragon rules or great taurus rules) is too strong.

Sherlocko
16-04-2007, 22:02
I meant using the ravening hordes-list, sorry if unclear. :)

knightwatch
16-04-2007, 22:53
A Chaos Mortals list actually works well:

Dwarf Warriors = Chaos Warriors
Bull Centaurs = Chaos Knights
Hobgoblins = Marauders
Mechanical Boars (new O&G mount choice) = Flesh hounds

Just need to convert all the foot models to 25mm bases.

Grimtuff
17-04-2007, 00:32
A Chaos Mortals list actually works well:

Dwarf Warriors = Chaos Warriors
Bull Centaurs = Chaos Knights
Hobgoblins = Marauders
Mechanical Boars (new O&G mount choice) = Flesh hounds

Just need to convert all the foot models to 25mm bases.

Problem is, they have M4. Have they suddendly become less stunty?

Bloodknight
17-04-2007, 09:48
The CD list is very competitive, no reason not to use it. That the gitz who could lap around cannot do so anymore is just tough luck. Ive never seen them played (as is: in army lists) last edition anyway.

intellectawe
17-04-2007, 13:45
Just use the new GT Rules that I inspired GW to put up, and have fun! Every unit now serves a purpose, and plus with the GT list, you can legally use magical items!

I am trying to get GW to push out a special character for us, as this is the only thing we lack at the moment.