PDA

View Full Version : GW information

MrGarm13
17-04-2007, 04:14
Where do you guys get your information on model releases and such?

Is it online or do you guys just talk to the guys at GW?

I'm just curious.

RavenMorpheus
17-04-2007, 04:20
I read somewhere here that some GW staff are members and post stuff. Could be just a rumour though.

athamas
17-04-2007, 04:26
various sources including:
staff members [or any other employey of GW there are several people who pass info on from the studio/BL/other GW afiliates anonomosly]
talking to staff members
talking to studio people
visiting the studio/gw hq
visiting GW events and seeing things/people...
and numerous others, but they would be the most common

we found out about the red scorpians because of a miss packed forgeworld shipment...

salty
17-04-2007, 05:39
Brimstone. He's the best bet (over in the Rumours forums).

Salty :)

Karhedron
17-04-2007, 20:39
People have various sources, some more reliable than others. I have been able to provide rumours direct from the dev studio in the past but now that I have a family I don't have the time to feed the rumour mill and I have passed the flame on to others.

One of the the biggest reliable sources (for rules at least) are GW's playtesters. GW simply cannot do enough playtesting in-house to ensure all the kinks are worked out of their releases. They have a team of roughly 100 playtesters "in the wild" who help them test their new rules and army lists. These guys come from a variety of backgrounds but are usually people who have been on the tournement circuit for some years and know the dev team well.

Membership is by invitation only and they have to sign forms promising not to leak the stuff they playtest. However they are only human and some do leak stuff onto the net just to tantilise the rest of us. When fairly accurate rules synopsis appear 3-6 months before publication, it is often these guys who have let the cat out of the bag.

Templar Ben
17-04-2007, 20:57
I always just ask the guys that work in the mill. :D

Bregalad
17-04-2007, 22:33
Where do you guys get your information on model releases and such?
Is it online or do you guys just talk to the guys at GW?
I'm just curious.

I get it mostly from Warseer ;)
Official release dates are first posted by GW France:
http://fr.games-workshop.com/news/sorties.asp