PDA

View Full Version : Sneaky Skewerer,

Slann mage Tokes
18-04-2007, 06:57
Wounds caused by this weapon suffer an additional -3 save modifer.

For 10 points, goblins only.

My friend thinks this is a greatly underpriced item.:cheese:

I don't.

I am wondering what Warseer thinks.

Ward.
18-04-2007, 07:21
Not under priced for a goblin, maybe 5pts more.

Sir_Lunchalot
18-04-2007, 07:32
I think it's a bargain, although maybe not underpriced. I mean, getting a hero character who can negate a 3+ save with naught but the 10 point magic item is pretty good.

Braad
18-04-2007, 07:34
Compare it to a great axe. About 3 to 6 points or so (depending on the character) and gives +2 S and -2 AS...

blurred
18-04-2007, 08:55
Compare it to a great axe. About 3 to 6 points or so (depending on the character) and gives +2 S and -2 AS...

...and strikes last and takes two hands to wield.

Sneaky skewerer is a very good magic weapon: -3 AS combined with S4 means that most enemies won't be getting a save. However, IMO its not underpriced as its "Goblins only".

zak
18-04-2007, 11:12
If it wasn't goblins only then it would be under priced. A black Orc boss with this item would be a bit worrying.

Avian
18-04-2007, 12:54
...and strikes last and takes two hands to wield.
Which, to be honest, isn't usually a problem.

Nah, the Skewerer is wielded by a git with Strength 4, which means that although he can get through armour, he will have trouble actually wounding his opponent. Most of the time, a great axe will be better.

TheWarSmith
18-04-2007, 14:11
It's pretty good. Maybe a bit underpriced(a bit). What does that common magic item cost(biting blade?) that does -1 armour save?

For so cheap, he could easily just be in a gobbo unit and chew threw swordsmen, great swords, etc.

jahorin
18-04-2007, 14:32
It's a goblin who is wielding the weapon! So, no it's not underpriced. He's only S4, so he will have problem wounding, and also most of the time he will be hitting on 4+. Yes it's good but not that good. For 5 pts more I prefer the martog, which is underpriced, in my opinion, but that's another debate.

truthsayer
18-04-2007, 16:40
I think its a fair price. whack said gobbo on a wold, give him the tricksy trinket and charge some bret knights. alright he's gotta get above average rolls to kill a couple but its a nice way to hold some knights up.

i like it anyway.

Shimmergloom
18-04-2007, 17:30
I think its a fair price. whack said gobbo on a wold, give him the tricksy trinket and charge some bret knights. alright he's gotta get above average rolls to kill a couple but its a nice way to hold some knights up.

i like it anyway.

The trinket, sneaky and the hero slot and price of a goblin big boss to kill 1 bret knight a turn. 3 attacks = 1.5 hits. = 1 wound with a 6+ save but no ward.

70 points bare minimum to ensure you kill a 23pt model.

A few good cheap weapons are all that goblins have and now some of you want to take that away too.

Llew
18-04-2007, 17:50
Underpriced? Eh...seems pretty balanced. I don't buy the "only S4 argument so it's tough to wound" argument though. I wouldn't consider a 50/50 (or better) shot at wounding most races' generals as being a tough roll.

All things considered, that's as close to a "no armor save" weapon as you can get without it actually negating armor saves out of hand.

Slann mage Tokes
19-04-2007, 00:36
I put him on a gigantic spider and charged the flank of 10 questing knights.

He killed one per turn and whiddled the unit down to 6, till my giant charged the front. and slayed.

I like the sneaky skewerer.

Sanjuro
19-04-2007, 07:09
I put him on a gigantic spider and charged the flank of 10 questing knights.

He killed one per turn and whiddled the unit down to 6, till my giant charged the front. and slayed.

I like the sneaky skewerer.

Well, that's pretty darn good rolling by you. Not the killing part, but the break rolls. I mean, even with one casualty per turn and assuming it is a Goblin Warboss with LD8, you are testing on Ld5-6 for four consecutive turns (outnumber, 1-2 ranks, presumably banner).

Howling_Screamer
19-04-2007, 07:47
The sneaky skewerer killed my Saurus-Scar Veteran in a challenge :( It didn't help that I rolled dreadfully, and he passed 2 5++ saves, though. I don't think its that underpriced (after all goblins die like nothing)

Firestorm Falcon
19-04-2007, 16:37
It's just another interesting item for the little green ones, not game winning, but helpfull.

UltimateNagash
19-04-2007, 17:45
Considering the best save a Goblin with it can get is a 4+ against shooting, and a max Toughness of 5... And Big Bosses having WS and S 4... And Warbosses have WS 5.
No way is it unfair... Especially cause O&G don't have much protection... The stuff them having being decent though...
/\ Did any of that make sense? I rarely do... :D