PDA

View Full Version : Battle Board Question?

belgarath97
19-04-2007, 18:59
I'm not sure if they do this in the UK, or any where else for that matter, but the Franklin Mills GW Store has a battle board up. In case no one knows what I'm talking about it's a board with pegs on it, it has 6 rows on it I think, with 6 players on the bottom and one less player in each higher row. The point being to get to the top by challeging the players above you, and once at the top you have to defend 4 times and then you get a army box.

Anyway I have challenged up and am playing a player, I am 99% sure what he will take, and my normal army list is ill eqquipped to handle that list. I want to take a new list but don't have the models to fill out the list. If you were the challenged player what would be your feelings on me using borrowed models? I ask this be cause I need certain models, for my list, I have no intention of ever using again.

Watcher666
19-04-2007, 19:01
making lists specifically to beat other lists is boring

kyussinchains
19-04-2007, 19:05
I'd have a bit of a problem with it if those models were the biggest thorn in my side, if however you had the models but they werent painted that isnt too bad

TheWarSmith
19-04-2007, 19:17
If you're borrowing a giant or something, cause you know that will be a big advantage to you, i'd say no.

if you're just borrowing some extra gors and ungors to fill in some herds or create a new herd, then go for it.

that's a beastmen example, but I think it applies to other armies just the same.

ZeroTwentythree
19-04-2007, 19:26
I think it's perfectly acceptable to borrow models. Otherwise the advantage goes to those willing/able to outspend their opponents.

On the other hand, I also believe that leagues, tournaments are definitely more interesting when lists are not tailored or minimally tailored within a given set of games. But that's got to be decided ahead of time, and I don't know what the rules are in your case.

Vattendroppe
19-04-2007, 20:16
I totally agree with 023, it shouldn't be who was able/willing to outspend other players that win. I say, borrow models and if he asks you why or think of it as cheating or anything, just say that to him, that you don't think warhammer is a game of having the most cash.

Also most tournaments is without changing your armylist, so you could look at this game as a great chance to get to play against an opponent that you'll have a challange winning against. You'll probably learn a lot from that game, especially if you discuss the game afterwards with either your opponent or any other player that have watched.

Khorne warrior
20-04-2007, 22:42
Go ahead, if the player fights about it, he is a sore loser

Voltaire
20-04-2007, 23:16
I would personally try and take a tournament style list in this sort of situation, makes things much more interesting all around.