PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Infantry

Malakai
19-04-2007, 23:06
Just wanted to let you all know that Chaos infantry is listed as a new release in the US WD #328. It breaks everything down and shows a picture of all the components. It's nice to see something Epic in the New Release section again.

-Malakai

StugMeister
20-04-2007, 07:18
It's always good seeing some Epic in the new releases - even if it is just re-releasing the old stuff!

My mate's got some Chaos Infantry and the models are really well moulded with lots of detail. In fact they're quite characterful - really quite different from the standard Space Marines.

orangesm
20-04-2007, 12:54
Also those were not painted by anyone at the GW studio, but by a member of the Epic community - WarmasterNice (at Tactical Command forums).

The biggest obstacle is modelling stuff that is hard to get hold of like the Death Wheel and Defiler. There are examples of homemade ones out there.

Malakai
21-04-2007, 03:06
Carl Woodrow gives an excellent tutorial on converting your own death wheel. For all those interested here is the link http://www.dropship.org.uk/epic/eac002.asp over at Dropship. As always his Epic stuff is an inspiration and what I try and use as the measuring stick to my own models. His website updates are really missed.

-Malakai

CELS
18-05-2007, 15:39
Seeing as how the Chaos infantry is now available, I was thinking about complimenting it with some daemons and characters from the Warmaster range. I was just wondering if the scale was compatible. From what I understand, Warmaster models are slightly bigger. Correct?

Hena
18-05-2007, 16:19
Warmaster is 10mm, while epic is 6mm (although the Chaos models push near 8mm ;)). So yes they are somewhat bigger. The Greater Demons work though nicely especially as there aren't any for Epic.

orangesm
18-05-2007, 18:26
But if you are including largely Demons from the range they will fit in fine - they will look bigger, scarier, etc. I just thought of something - using a 40k scale Bloodthrister... we don't have rules for Titan sized Demons do we?

CyberShadow
19-05-2007, 14:53
I have just sent off an order for some Warmaster Daemons, which should arrive early next week. Let me know if you want side by side photos. I think that they will be fine, as long as you forget the fact that the 40K daemons are about Space Marine size. I like my Daemons a little larger than the infantry.

CELS
19-05-2007, 17:08
Thanks. I totally agree, daemons should be bigger. Especially Bloodletters. Now I just need to find a replacement head for the Warmaster Greater Daemon of Khorne that doesn't look like the bastard child of a horned donkey and a gorilla.

mark_logue
20-05-2007, 12:52
The Warmaster stuff looks great for Epic scale daemons.

I am still yet to find a decent looking Khorne Greater Daemon for Epic but I suspect it will end up being some sort of 28mm mini in the end. Some of the other daemons in the Warmaster range are great though.

The Khorne houds are cool because you can cut the base to get them as individuals and they have a cool daemon leading the back which is excelent for a deamon prince in Epic.

I am also using undead as plague zombies and ignooring the fact that they are a little tall.