PDA

View Full Version : longest losing streaks

Crassus
20-04-2007, 20:20
Do you have alosing streak (or used to have one) which was incredibly long or was it someone you knew. say what armies (40k only!) you/they used in the losing streak and talk about your/their most embarrisng moment in it. if your finaly off one, talk about the battle that made you win. i have to say my losing streak lasted for 20-25 games :cries: :cries: (lost count) and this started as soon as i started playing. i got off it by winning a "stop the ritual" game which ended on turn 4 (i was the ritual player). after that game i was on a new losing streak :cries: :cries:

Colonial Rifle
20-04-2007, 21:16
When I restarted 40k with Tau. 1st game was a draw, then it was a 8 game losing streak. The original Tau codex was not really a beginners army...

CryoMax
20-04-2007, 21:44
I haven't won a game in about 14 years.

Of course, I haven't actually played a game in about 14 years... ;)

...Paul

omegaknight
20-04-2007, 21:53
Re: longest losing streaks

My nemesis that I've never beaten is an iron warriors player. I've lost 100% of the time playing him. Wait til they print the new blood angels rules, then i'll get him. maybe....

Maus
21-04-2007, 00:49
When we first got 2nd ed, I beat my brother with the models it came with in one of the basic scenarios. Haven't won a game since.

Beat that!

asmodai650
21-04-2007, 01:14
I've been playing since middle of third edition, stopped for a while, and came back just after fourth edition started. In that time, I have won maybe 4 or 5 games out of too many to count. Sad, yes. Discouraging, yes. Ever make me want to stop playing, no. To me it is an escape, time to hang out and have fun. I would like to win a little more often, but to me it is not needed.

striderzero
21-04-2007, 02:57
The longest losing streak that I have ever suffered was during 3rd ed. I did not win a single game with my Khornate army during that whole span of time. I was completely unable to afford the types of things I needed in order to truly field an effectively force, such as any vehicles (no rhino rushes for me).
second longest was with my dark eldar force... I actually won 2 games with them about a year apart :P.

Stella Cadente
21-04-2007, 03:17
longest losing streak.......4 years.....no REALLY I didn't win a game for a whole 4 FRELLING YEARS!!!.

adreal
21-04-2007, 03:34
27 games with tau, although alot of that was due to not understand some of the tau rules, playing with no cover, building the army as I was playing and getting cheated

I only won once with that army

Kerflunc
21-04-2007, 04:03
i have never one a game with my IG and its been 3years so i have retired them.

nanktank
21-04-2007, 04:16
out of a 6 game tournament with my speed freaks I pulled of 2 draws and 4 losses, I had a lot of fun though and for my trouble I won a new box of dice.

RavenMorpheus
21-04-2007, 05:23
Do you have alosing streak (or used to have one) which was incredibly long or was it someone you knew. say what armies (40k only!) you/they used in the losing streak and talk about your/their most embarrisng moment in it. if your finaly off one, talk about the battle that made you win. i have to say my losing streak lasted for 20-25 games :cries: :cries: (lost count) and this started as soon as i started playing. i got off it by winning a "stop the ritual" game which ended on turn 4 (i was the ritual player). after that game i was on a new losing streak :cries: :cries:

I never lose, because I learn from my mistakes.

Ice_Reaver
21-04-2007, 05:54
There was a guy that used to play every weekend at our hobby shop. We called him Mike. every time i saw him play it was a loss, and i've seen 1 draw from him. it was very saddening to see my veteran sergeant tear down 3 of his immortals, and soon after my friend's junior officer killing his necron lord. due to these tragic events and i'm sure numerous other ones he sold his necrons and was never seen again. that was when pity struck me.

Master Jeridian
21-04-2007, 06:39
I never lose, because I learn from my mistakes.

If you don't lose, then you never make any mistakes to learn from?

Anyway, I've never won with my IG either.

And my losing streak 40k dates back to the UKGT Heat 1 (October/November last year), though I did win 5 games there. After that it's all been downhill.

For Warhammer my records better.

freebooter
21-04-2007, 07:01
I played with my pure Grey knight army for 8 months. I had around 3 games a week plus 3 tournaments. I lost every single game...

It was weird...

Then the guy I sold them to played with almost the exact same list at the next tournament I went to and came out 2nd under me and my wolves.
I felt so stinged...

3 0f 6
21-04-2007, 10:14
Hmm back when i started 40k in 2nd edition i had a losing streak vs eldar and nids....

Now I have a nid army and shall be playing quite a few games vs Tau, so i am expecting a losing streak to begin afresh..

Norminator
21-04-2007, 11:27
I've only ever lost a game twice, with my longest losing streak being one game - and I have a feeling that it's more due to my opponents being very tactically poor rather than me being particularly good. I wish I could find someone who would actually give me a challenge in a battle.

Unplugged
21-04-2007, 11:49
I won about 3 games in the whole 2nd Edition. Ultramarines (me) vs. Eldar (main opponent at that time), mostly. That was a little annoying. ;)

rintinglen
21-04-2007, 11:50
My Khorne Army has won one game in four years. 4th edition transports are not the thing for blood crazed loonies.

freelancer
21-04-2007, 12:29
i have won about 4 games scince the new blacktemplar codex came out. it used to be 3 but i went 2 conflict today and had the score of W1, D1, L1.
templar HQ is a major points blackhole
i miss the armageddon codex and our cheap plas-cannons and free vows
freelancer

Captain Micha
21-04-2007, 13:20
6 games was the longest streak, first versus an ac spam list, second vs a bug force, third was against necrons (don't ask... just don't) fourth was against a balanced space marine force, fifth was versus against bugs again and six was against Tau.

whilst playing Tau myself.

Mozzamanx
21-04-2007, 13:22
I used to play with a friend up the road- out of 50 or so games, i think i won 2. Barely.

spagunk
21-04-2007, 16:26
I started playing in the bottom half of 2000. So far, i can count on both hands how many times i was actually able to play....every single one of them was a loss. Doesn't bother me to much i guess but is still very discouraging.

MAXXXPaynez
21-04-2007, 20:22
Longest losing streak? hmmm.. since i started daemon hunters which is about 9 months now... still experimenting!

Sandals
21-04-2007, 20:37
i've not beaten a mate of mine once in 6 years now.

but the most interesting thing i've had on a losing front was i went about 4 years at GT's (heats and finals, both 40k and fantasy) without winning a game 2. ended at last years fantasy final, thank goodness!

Acheron,Bringer of Terror
21-04-2007, 23:13
If i remember right it was 2 games in 2004 or 2005. And i dont lose since then /when playing Army of Death it is hard to lose - and i play usualy about 10-15 games a year - in 2006 i have 11win - 1 draw - o lost/