PDA

View Full Version : Is collecting 1500 points of Sororitas Expensive?

Outlaw289
22-04-2007, 03:12
Is it? Since I don't have much Guard stuff (I play all my games with my friend's Mordians), and getting the Guard stuff will be mighty expensive for me ATM, I was considering maybe starting anew. The only army that I'd want to play that I would assume would cost less than the Guard are the Sisters of Battle. Are they expensive?

If I did get an army, whats the best way to play them? I was figuring either Mechanized or footslogging Sisters with Exorcist support, and maybe some Repentia as well.

RavenMorpheus
22-04-2007, 03:33
Short answer - yes they're metal.

Guard you can get plastics for, not many SoB plastics apart from Rhinos.

Don't know about points cost but guard are generally cheaper anyway I think.

22-04-2007, 03:44
well on ebay SOB is a bit cheaper..however guard as stated is mostly plastic..therefore you can get lots for cheaper...however they are more popular so the deals on Ebay are not as good.

of course you could do both. I am working on adding 1k opints of SOB to my guard army

Zealot
22-04-2007, 05:10
As RavenMorpheus said, they are going to be expensive because they are metal. If you are worried about cost, then a foot-slogging army might not be the best choice, as that is just going to mean you have to purchase more metal models. Ebay is the way to go regardless of what you choose. Additionally, because they are metal, you dont have to worry about purchasing some with crappy paint jobs as they are easily stripped clean.

ancient_conflict
22-04-2007, 08:53
the main differance when buying them second hand is that the lead ones are much much much easier to strip where as its realy difficult to strip the plastics

Slaaneshi Slave
22-04-2007, 08:54
At 1500 points you will want 4 Rhinos and 2 Exorcists, along with 70 or so metal models. Expensive.

Templar Ben
22-04-2007, 13:54
Marine troops are 23 cents a point. (That goes up to 26 cents if you get combat squad boxes instead of tactical squad boxes.)
IG troops are 29 cents a point.
IG conscripts are 44 cents a point.
SoB troops are 36 cents a point.

Obviously there are more models than just troops but that is a good starting off point.

Bregalad
22-04-2007, 17:21
Have a look at the recommendable Witch Hunter Tactica.
One good core army from that thread would look like this:
1-2 Canoness (es)
2x8 Seraphim
2x10 Sororitas w. heavy bolter plus possibly Rhino/Immolator
2x Exorcist
plus Assassin Combo (normal inquisitor, Eversor, 3 Death cultists).
There are other possibilities, but this is a solid start.

sigur
22-04-2007, 17:31
Well, those would be very few miniatures, very "competetive" and SoB squads can't have heavy Bolters.:)

I think you should go for ebay or some other 2nd hand sourxe to look for SoB miniatures and plan to have about 50 SoB in your army plus a squad of Seraphim, 2-3 Rhinos and two Exorcists, then add some fancy stuff like Assassins or whatever you fancy. It's a bit more expensive than other armies but it's worth it I'd say since WH are a very interesting army and look great. I don't think that I have to add a comment about the adorable background.

carl
22-04-2007, 17:39
*sarcasam mode enabled*

Is collecting 1500 points of Sororitas Expensive?

Is buying a new car expensive?

*sarcasam mode off*

As others have stated it will be very expensive, even a nid or guard army is likliy to be cheaper due to the fact that the SoB's are metal.