PDA

View Full Version : I want to start fantesy please help

dave is the best
23-04-2007, 17:05
Ok i would like to start a fantesy army please help me choose.

the choices are:

Empire
Dwarfs
Orcs and goblins

Dave

DarkLord Of Naggaroth
23-04-2007, 17:09
ok, you really need to tell us why you want them, what you are looking for and what sort of a person you are etc. otherwise we'll just have a load of people screaming which is their favourite army.

dave is the best
23-04-2007, 17:15
I want to start them mainly for the looks so each one would be themed.

The empire would have loads of flagellents and warrior priest to make it look holy.

the dwarfs would be a old style force with not much black powder weapons.

the orks will be black ork heavy with trolls and giants, the core units will be night goblins.

I don't really mind winning all the time but i would like to win sometimes.

DAve

sephiroth87
23-04-2007, 17:36
I would look at the army books and pick the one that I liked best. If playing is important, proxy the list and play with it to see if you like it or not.

soultaker87
24-04-2007, 04:13
You can try and get the battle for skull pass, that'll give you both dwarfs and goblins and orcs. try playing with them and see which style of play you like.

Ikarius
24-04-2007, 05:16
Honestly, just pick up Battle for Skull Pass then.

Heck, pick up two of em, and you have 2 1000 pts armies!

blongbling
24-04-2007, 09:32
one thing ive learnt is that you need to look at the models and love them.....if you dont like the look of the models then you wont paint them so that has to be the first thought for you

Aflo
24-04-2007, 16:40
I don't really mind winning all the time

Most people don't ;)
Go for the blorcs mate, you seem pretty into the new minis and they have a very versatile list.
Regards
Aflo (Adam)

kaimarion
24-04-2007, 16:47
Yeh I would go for orks...by the way I dont play orks I play chaos so no ranting on about how they are my favorite army. :)

Orcboy_Phil
24-04-2007, 17:46
Yeh I would go for orks...by the way I dont play orks I play chaos so no ranting on about how they are my favorite army. :)

He wanted to start fantasy not 40K :D

All three are good with there own strengths and weaknesses, however you seem to want to hit things so go Dwarfs or Orcs. However going dwarfs might not be wise. You said you didn't want Blackpowder weaponary and that is one of the dwarfs main advantages. There not the most manvorable armies so in the end I suggest Orcs. Big mean and hitty. I wouldn't go for NG thougth, lots and lots of the boys is whats called for.

Stormbrow II
25-04-2007, 00:14
one thing ive learnt is that you need to look at the models and love them.....if you dont like the look of the models then you wont paint them so that has to be the first thought for you
There you go kid - go with your favourite models. End of story.

DarkLord Of Naggaroth
27-04-2007, 18:06
There you go kid - go with your favourite models. End of story.

so it doesn't matter what you think of fluff, gameplay or fun?