PDA

View Full Version : What was in the 2nd edition Hive Tyrant box?

sigur
23-04-2007, 18:53
I just flipped through 2nd edition Codex Tyranids and looking at the Hive Tyrant miniature, I started wondering if the box came with both head options and selveral weapons options or not?

Personally, I never considered playing Tyranids so I'm not that familiar with the miniatures range. I mean, I know and can idetify the miniatures but this thing made me wonder.

Thanks for your help guys.:)

Minister
23-04-2007, 19:43
I believe that it had left arms with bonesword and lashwhip (one of each, not a choice between) and two sets of right arms with either a barbed strangler or venom cannon. I think that two heads were provided, one with tongue weapon (implant attack?) and one without.

Egaeus
23-04-2007, 19:46
I just flipped through 2nd edition Codex Tyranids and looking at the Hive Tyrant miniature, I started wondering if the box came with both head options and selveral weapons options or not?

Personally, I never considered playing Tyranids so I'm not that familiar with the miniatures range. I mean, I know and can idetify the miniatures but this thing made me wonder.

Thanks for your help guys.:)

I still use the second ed. Tyrant I got in a 'Nid army deal before the 3rd Ed. Codex came out.

IIRC you did get two head options. You got the choice of either a Barbed Strangler or Venom Cannon for a ranged weapon. The Lash Whips and Bone Sword were standard.

You might be able to look up the models on GWs site in the classics range...

t-tauri
23-04-2007, 19:48
I believe that it had left arms with bonesword and lashwhip (one of each, not a choice between) and two sets of right arms with either a barbed strangler or venom cannon. I think that two heads were provided, one with tongue weapon (implant attack?) and one without.

It had all the options in one box so you had a choice of venom cannon or strangler and two heads. Bits are shown on the GW store here (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=COMP0106002&orignav=301117)

CommisarMolotov
24-04-2007, 00:54

Yep, that's correct. I used the extra barbed strangler right arms on a metal Carnifex conversion once the new codex came out...

Looks a bit odd, but it works!

sigur
24-04-2007, 07:18
...This set contains all the components to make a complete classic Hive Tyrant with choice of heads and ranged weapons.

Aaaalright, I could also have just looked at GW's online shop, silly me.:rolleyes: I was about absolutely sure that I'd just get a list of the bitz but not of actually what was in the box. Anyway, thanks guys.