PDA

View Full Version : Forge World order delays

The Super Haggis
23-04-2007, 19:39
If anyone's FW orders are running late it is apparently because they are attending too many events etc.:wtf: so they can't get the orders out as quick as usual, check the website for more details.

Cheers, Nick

MasterModakai
23-04-2007, 20:43
Dunno about others, but we ordered from them early last week and got the stuff on Saturday (Express delivery to USA). Not sure how others have fared, but the disclaimer seems to a standard CYAD - Cover Your Ass Disclaimer.

orangesm
23-04-2007, 21:47
I also think there may be an issue with demand. FW is producing some very nice work and there is a 'higher' demand for some of their range than they may be able to handle. I made an order for AI and got it in two shipments.

spikyjames
23-04-2007, 22:44
i think the service has gone a bit down hill considering how much you pay for postage. i ordered 3 sets of rhino doors and extra armour about 2 weeks ago the postage i paid was over 8. the payment came out about 12 days ago and i still haven't recieved the stuff. they imply on they're billing reciepts that payment won't come out until the stuff is ready to ship.

considering the almost scandalous amount we pay for shipping, overall i'm not very impressed, if they cant keep up with demand due to the amount of shows they attend they should really think about either employing more staff or cutting down on the amount of shows they go to.

needless to say i will be calling tomorrow.

james:mad:

Atrahasis
23-04-2007, 23:29
Under UK law they aren't allowed to debit your account until the items are ready to ship.

DarthSte
24-04-2007, 09:44
I understood (from issues I have had with another UK retailer and legal advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau) that you had to recieve the goods within 28 days of them taking payment. The distance trading act 2000, or some such.

Killgore
25-04-2007, 22:24
yes, remember it is up to 28 days till delivery, just because its been fast in there past dosnt meen it always will be for every delivery

heh, i have some eldar stuff and terrain waiting to arrive from FW, been nearly 2 weeks now

spikyjames
25-04-2007, 23:09
well the stuff has arrived two weeks after i paid over 8 for postage, i think i'll be keeping my spending on fw stuff to a minimum.

i suppose i just think that their postage costs are far to high and tbh i've never heard of any other mail order company charging postage by a percentage of amount spent:wtf:

consider this, i bought a part for my MTB via mail order on sunday evening. i paid 2.50 postage and recieved the part tuesday morning. it was also recorded delivery and weighed alot more than the fw stuff.

anyway, i'm not one for moaning online.

thanks for reading.

james

schoolcormorant
25-04-2007, 23:43
12% is madness really. i hate it with a passion. if they charged 4 on everything i'd be happier if i'm honest.

most of the big stuff that might cost lots to post is usually over 250 so qualify for free shipping anyhow :wtf:

the UK royal mail is fantastic for the cost if you ask me. last thursday i ordered MoH: pacific assault at lunchtime. i had it in my hands before 9am on Friday. this is usual first class, 1.38 for a small package, so it's quick, FW takes a while to "take things off shelves, throw them into a box" and if i'm honest, i've often thought it was a conceit to get you to shell out on express shipping, which costs 8 on GW and 12 on FW but is the same service :wtf:

i suppose these are the perils of resin pleasure - essentially, if you buy a IG troop squad 32, then %12 is 35.80 odd, then 12 is 47 - in what world does a 250gram package cost 15 to send in the post?

SC