PDA

View Full Version : Something Interesting

Griffin
24-04-2007, 10:39
Just something I noticed now - All the new eldar box sets have some form of destroyed slaaneshi icongraphy on the front. The codex and battleforce have the Daemonette's lying there - the striking scorpion box has a daemonette lying in the bottom corner and the Firedragons have some form of slaanesh vehicle lying in ruins. I just thought it was interesting.

sigur
24-04-2007, 10:55
Well, it makes sense backgroundwise, since Slaanesh is the Doom of the Eldar(tm). I'm not in the mood to make up a pun about background (fluff) and background (box covers) now.

MrBigMr
24-04-2007, 12:40
But Slaanesh is the one chasing the Eldar, not realy the other way around. On the other hand I could say that it makes sense or something.

RampagingRavener
24-04-2007, 12:42
But Slaanesh is the one chasing the Eldar, not realy the other way around.

Doesn't mean the Eldar have to sit there and take it when they could go out and actively fight back though, does it? ;)

MrBigMr
24-04-2007, 12:53
Doesn't mean the Eldar have to sit there and take it when they could go out and actively fight back though, does it? ;)
Why would the Eldar seed the goddess with more souls? I would think that they avoid Slaanesh as best as they can and only when fighting is worth it, they would do it.

Thommy H
24-04-2007, 13:37
And why does the Imperium bother to fight the Orks? Might as well just virus bomb every planet they're on.

Why fight against Chaos? We know they're fed by emotion, so it makes more sense to resit them passively and try to end the corruption within the Imperium to sap their power base.

Why fight against the Eldar? The Imperium has the same aims as them, broadly, so they should try to make peace.

Why constantly battle against rebellion and insurgency on Imperial worlds? Wouldn't it be better in the long run to try to compromise and save lives?

The answer to all of these questions is that 40K is a game about fighting battles. Every race is overly agressive and terratorial, otherwise we wouldn't have a game to play. The Eldar take the fight to Slaanesh because if they just ran away every time no one would want to fight iconic battles between Slaaneshi forces and Eldar.

jim5195
24-04-2007, 14:07
Yup, the fulff in the recent Chaos/Eldar WD battle report was that the Eldar had dropped down into the dad city planet with the express purpose of finding and killing the Keeper of Secrets present there.

Obviously, it was really just an excuse to show the new Harly models tear stuff up, but meh. I'd guess the Harly's at least would actively seek out and confound/attack Chaos 100% of the time.

Vesica
24-04-2007, 14:23
they would hunt them, think about this thing killed most of your race and screwed over your after life, hell i'd hunt it.

MrBigMr
24-04-2007, 14:32
they would hunt them, think about this thing killed most of your race and screwed over your after life, hell i'd hunt it.
What good does it do, when they can't realy kill Slaanesh. Sure, they can thin the ranks a bit, but I would devote my resources on finding a way to cut off the head of the beast.
Chaos has enough enemies outside of Eldars, so no need to go actively seeking trouble.

Vesica
24-04-2007, 14:44
yea, but you can try and hide and slowly be killed of or you could go down in battle. is what i was trying to put.

MrBigMr
24-04-2007, 14:53
I said "cut off the head of the beast". They can charge against Slaanesh troops all they want, but it won't kill Slaanesh. They need to find a way to kill Her.

ancient_conflict
24-04-2007, 14:55
look at the romans their initial war plans where to stop their neighboughs attacking them by attacking them first

MrBigMr
24-04-2007, 15:17
look at the romans their initial war plans where to stop their neighboughs attacking them by attacking them first
So they blow up a Chaos force. They'd have to mow down every single psychic creature from the galaxy to erradicate Slaanesh. I'm not saying that strategic strikes here and there wouldn't diminishe the armies of Slaanesh and make them less of a threat, but it doesn't lessen the fact that once an Eldar kicks the wraithbone bucket, he/she is open prey for the Her.
If Eldars are truly as smart as they led to believe, they would carefully outweigh the cost and benefit of an attack against a Slaanesh (and any other) force. No Imperial style "hey, there's some noise marines, lets kick the corruption out of them."

MaliGn
24-04-2007, 19:42
maybe to protect a large city with many many souls that may get lost to Slaanesh, it would be better to sacrifice a few to save the many...